PDRC to meet Sunday afternoon to decide on action plan

Lite Beer

PDRC to meet Sunday afternoon to decide on action plan

5-16-2014-9-02-52-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The People’s Democratic Reform Committee will press ahead with its action plan to demand a functional interim prime minister to replace acting caretaker prime minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisan.

PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban asked for a consent from supporters while making an address on the protest stage on Ratchadamnoen Nai road Friday night whether they would wait for the Senate to take the lead in nominating an interim prime minister or they would press ahead with their own action plan.

The crowd chose the second option by blowing their whistles and shouted “fight, fight”. And with the consent from the supporters, the PDRC scheduled a meeting Saturday afternoon of core members and PDRC representatives from the provinces at the Government House’s Santi Maitree building to discuss their action plan.

Reacting to the Senate’s statement issued after the end of the informal discussion to find “way out” for the political impasse, Mr Suthep admitted that he was disappointed because the PDRC had high expectation from the Senate.

However, he said that the Senate’s approaches to the conflict were similar to those of the PDRC but, for some undisclosed reasons, the Senate hesitated to take the action.

He asked PDRC supporters not to be angry with the Senate but to have sympathy with the senators who tried to work out a solution to the conflict.

The Senate’s statement read out by acting Senate speaker Surachai Liangboonlertchai urged the government to cooperate with the Senate in its attempt to find a “way out” of the impasse, to work out a reform blueprint and to help find a fully functional prime minister and cabinet.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-meet-sunday-afternoon-decide-action-plan/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pdrc-meet-sunday-afternoon-decide-action-plan

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-17

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I wonder if some government supporters will copy the PDRC tactic of invading the meeting and see how they like it?

Great idea,

the army can stand idly by as they did at the EC Gov meeting and just let things sort themselves out :)

What has been good about the desperate plight of the Coup is that many of the backers have had to come out into the open and make judgements and statements that are increasingly biased

All this insures that anything other than an Election is going to set thailand back years, invite sanctions and create more strife.

I think many of the backers realise this is the final time that such a coup could be tried. I really can't see it ever being possible again, hence all the Senators and Courts and Generals openly allying them selves with Suthep.

• Like 1

So I wonder if some government supporters will copy the PDRC tactic of invading the meeting and see how they like it?

Great idea,

the army can stand idly by as they did at the EC Gov meeting and just let things sort themselves out smile.png

What has been good about the desperate plight of the Coup is that many of the backers have had to come out into the open and make judgements and statements that are increasingly biased

All this insures that anything other than an Election is going to set thailand back years, invite sanctions and create more strife.

I think many of the backers realise this is the final time that such a coup could be tried. I really can't see it ever being possible again, hence all the Senators and Courts and Generals openly allying them selves with Suthep.

And Thaksin dung stirring from his safe haven in Where-ever ??

Oh Jenny if only you could see who started the fireworks show...................... but suppose it doesn't matter to you as you have too much now going on to be bothered in the slightest.

NAIL the original undemocratic MPs guilty of abuse of power for starters. Oh but, we cannot do that as it would be politically motivated charges with biased courts, and bent judges, so we have to leave them alone or orders from afar will whip up Jutapons red army to threaten the army or anyone who wants to oppose PTP.

• Like 1

If it's not suthep talking about a final push it's Thai visa members replying with something along the lines of 'not another push'.

You find the TV members comments irritating, I find it irritating to watch these buffoons in BKK huff and puff about what they are going to do to end this situation. Every time it is the same old thing, make threats, elude to having a solution, accuse everyone of everything under the sun, consult with the court until you get the decision you agree with (answer shopping) hold a rally, where someone invariably gets killed, then schedule another meeting. to schedule another meeting or set some sort of moving or else deadline. And this is all done for the good of the country It's not just one sided either both sides just seem to posture but nothing seems to get done.

If you take a step back and look at what the outside world thinks of Thailand politics at the moment we are a joke, not just my opinion, pick up a couple of newspapers from some sources outside of Thailand and have a read. Though some will still argue that Thaksin is manipulating them as well.

It's all pretty sad the only thing that is happening for sure is the Thai economy is getting hit and will most likely get hit harder if this B S continues. \

And no I don't profess to have the answer just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by dinger
  • Like 2

Hopefully he will not change his strategy. It really has been a marvelous display of politicking by a master statesman. He has virtually single handedly caused the well deserved implosion of this latest Thaksin government which had only self enrichment as its raison d'etre. That he did so by peaceful means only, and without seeking any power for himself is unheard of in Thai history. So chin up Khun Suthep, keep up the pressure, and your valliant battle against the corrupt amart rouge will soon be over. You will earn the heartfelt thanks of a nation even if a few of the hardcore Thaksin acolytes don't yet fully understand the sacrifices you have made, in time they will learn of their horrific misjudgement in supporting the Shinawatra clan.

You grant him far too much credit, check out the BP headline news. Peaceful means only, you're 'aving a laff.

So it was nothing to do with the courts and the NACC (and of course assorted senators and dems making official complaints to those "august" bodies, to kick proceedings off in the first place) at all? Oh, I forgot the ever helpful non partisan EC. My, you have a shallow appreciation of what's really going on.

Your attempt to make this some sort of "chicken and egg" scenario is dishonest. There is no confusion as to who kicked off proceedings in the first place. It was Thaksin's choice to steal from the Thai people. He was punished after having stolen. It really is very simple.

I have yet to see you place the blame where it belongs for the Yingluck administration(that you clearly had a strong emotional attachment to) having collapsed. It lies 100% with Thaksin Shinawatra. If he had left Yingluck to govern without his frequent reminders that it was really "his" government, she would still be PM.

Well make your mind up. Was it suthep the "master statesman" or Thaksin that was responsible for Yingluck being ousted. The answer is neither. See my previous post.

I can only answer what you originally wrote. If you later move the goalposts and ask different questions ( a familiar tactic on here) you can go whistle (pun intended).

Edited by fab4

Hopefully he will not change his strategy. It really has been a marvelous display of politicking by a master statesman. He has virtually single handedly caused the well deserved implosion of this latest Thaksin government which had only self enrichment as its raison d'etre. That he did so by peaceful means only, and without seeking any power for himself is unheard of in Thai history. So chin up Khun Suthep, keep up the pressure, and your valliant battle against the corrupt amart rouge will soon be over. You will earn the heartfelt thanks of a nation even if a few of the hardcore Thaksin acolytes don't yet fully understand the sacrifices you have made, in time they will learn of their horrific misjudgement in supporting the Shinawatra clan.

the judiciary brought down the government as they always do to protect the ammart - he will never win and is failing daily as his numbers of supporters drops and drops and his final, final, final lies come to zero

Thai people are not stupid and come elections will show what they think of these fascists

Fascists? Calling people who have tried to sop the rape of this country by the Shins and their acolytes fascist? Wow! Here's someone who truly understand politics!

Who is supplying the weapons that have so far killed 24 people and injured many others who have been part of the PDRC protests? Any idea?

Perhaps you should listen to the red speeches. Here's one: "I have good news to tell my red-shirt brothers and sisters from all provinces. The People’s Democratic Reform Committee members of Suthep (Thaugsuban) at the protest stage in Khao Saming (Trat province) were deservedly given a reception by the locals. Five PDRC people were killed and over 30 injured."

This was the speech celebrating the deaths of children. Fascists?

The police have seized weapons that were to be used by the reds against PDRC. These weapons were the same type as those used during their occupation of Bangkok. The reds themselves admit to being armed and trained in the use of weapons of war. It is blindingly obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense that calling Suthep's followers 'fascists' is to continue the Thaksin lie.

Time you took off your blinkers.

1507625.GIF

Nail the initiators of this mega problem.

Not look for ways to skirt round it and blame others. Get the PTP out. easy to get on the bandwagon and start slagging off all and sundry like a game.

Keep backing the PTP when it fails I want to see some of these posters run away as there would be little interest for them on TVF.

• Like 2

You grant him far too much credit, check out the BP headline news. Peaceful means only, you're 'aving a laff.

So it was nothing to do with the courts and the NACC (and of course assorted senators and dems making official complaints to those "august" bodies, to kick proceedings off in the first place) at all? Oh, I forgot the ever helpful non partisan EC. My, you have a shallow appreciation of what's really going on.

Your attempt to make this some sort of "chicken and egg" scenario is dishonest. There is no confusion as to who kicked off proceedings in the first place. It was Thaksin's choice to steal from the Thai people. He was punished after having stolen. It really is very simple.

I have yet to see you place the blame where it belongs for the Yingluck administration(that you clearly had a strong emotional attachment to) having collapsed. It lies 100% with Thaksin Shinawatra. If he had left Yingluck to govern without his frequent reminders that it was really "his" government, she would still be PM.

Well make your mind up. Was it suthep the "master statesman" or Thaksin that was responsible for Yingluck being ousted. The answer is neither. See my previous post.

I can only answer what you originally wrote. If you later move the goalposts and ask different questions ( a familiar tactic on here) you can go whistle (pun intended).

Sorry to step in FAB4 but YES Thaksin was responsible for running a lousy government-when it backfired he now is whipping up his red army to stir more dung up. SUTHEP is a league player who recognizes this, his background has little to do with it. It could have been Mickey Mouse but at the end of the day these Shins have to get out and stay out, along with any guilty politician.---------------if not true tell me why was he involved and what motives did he have to order his sister to bang through amnesty etc. ????

• Like 1

ThaiVisa does not give this news (maybe because it's sensitive) => "Buddha Isara had intended to hold a rally with some 6,000 demonstrators in front of the palace to petition for His Majesty the King's appointment of an interim prime minister. " You can check in the BKK Post (I know that we are not allowed to give the links here).

So the PDRC action plan is clearly to harass the King until he give in. From my point of view this is lèse majesté.

Well, the good point is that the Hua Hin residents asked this "monk" (need quotation marks when we mention this guy) to abandon the project. At this moment the monk agreed to stay away from Hua Hin.

Also not addressed in the Uber anti-Thaksinista BKKPost (or The Nation) is this item:

What percentage of the population of Thailand is present at the rallies of the PDRC in Bangkok?