Going to Thailand with my Girlfriend

iExpat

Step 1 - come to Thailand for a couple of weeks, in the destinations you noted you liked the sound of (1 week BKK, 1 week Chang mai, 1 week Phuket, for example).

Step 2 - go home, really think about what you are doing, and pick which one you like best.

Step 3 - do some research on an education visa, a school and a place to live in your chosen destination.

Step 4 - get on a plane go to Thailand for a year, have a bash at learning thai and continue to work online in private. Be discrete

You are at the age whereby wherever you go, you guys will have a great time. Don't listen to the bitter jealous remarks from people on here who do not have the ability to make money from a business online like you 2. Some teachers and retirees posting on here are living on half what you are pulling in so naturally posts from young guys like yourself makes them upset.

Phuket in my opinion is no more of a shithole than the rest of Thailand and at your age, you will have a great time there. It will be a completely different experience for you than the majority of the older guys on here who hate the place. So if you like the place after your visit, just go for it! Then eventually, like me, you'll realise Thailand is just for beginners, and there are way better places to live in asia. You need to do it though to get it out of your system. Once you've lived in Thailand for a while, give Vietnam or Indonesia a go, and you'll laugh at why you were ever interested in being in Phuket for an extended period of time!

Edited by Grindting
  • Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning though: as others have said, unless your girlfriend is smoking hot, and you love her to pieces.. Your situation is the same as bringing home made ham sandwiches to the ritz carlton brunch buffet. You will be tempted on every level, every day. If you are remotely athletic and even average looking, at 21 years old you will be very much 'in demand', from the young thai girls.

Obviously in a place like patong in Phuket, most will be prostitutes, so be wary of that. But other than that, be prepared to put your relationship at real risk (unless she is absolutely hot and you love her)

This post and its replies flags up the completely different set of needs for those seeking to 'get around', to 'see the world' and those seeking to 'have a great holiday' or 'have a nice retirement'.

It's a case of what you want, what stage of life you're at.

My view is that Thailand's great for holidays and retirement but not so good for 'business' or 'settling down with the missus when one is young'.

It's not a question of being jealous or bitter more of trying to get over, perhaps in some posts not very well, that it's 'horses for courses'.

Edited by piersbeckett
  • Like 1

We're not going to fall for this again, are we? Total of 5 posts, all on the one thread, and a dumb and controversial query are the indicators for me.

If this isn't a troll, I'll drop my duds at mid-day on the corner of Soi Nana and Sukhumvit.

I don't think for a second he's a non English speaker, but an English speaker trying to sound like a non English speaker.

Don't waste any time on him, please.

Good advice to visit Thailand a few times before you make a permanent move...also...If you are not committed to a permanent relationship with your GF...you may want to come alone for at least one trip to sample Thai charm...Jomtien Beach, just south of Pattaya Beach, has lots of relatively inexpensive condos...East Pattaya...has homes you can rent...Seriously...if you are not somewhat a seasoned traveler...Thailand will devour you...literally...

i know enough about phuket not to ever go there again and it only took a few weeks of reading news reports on tv to learn up on that.

Then you must have missed my news report on TV about Phuket.

Been living here for 10 years...

Life is what you make of it....whistling.gif

Step 1 - come to Thailand for a couple of weeks, in the destinations you noted you liked the sound of (1 week BKK, 1 week Chang mai, 1 week Phuket, for example).

Step 2 - go home, really think about what you are doing, and pick which one you like best.

Step 3 - do some research on an education visa, a school and a place to live in your chosen destination.

Step 4 - get on a plane go to Thailand for a year, have a bash at learning thai and continue to work online in private. Be discrete

You are at the age whereby wherever you go, you guys will have a great time. Don't listen to the bitter jealous remarks from people on here who do not have the ability to make money from a business online like you 2. Some teachers and retirees posting on here are living on half what you are pulling in so naturally posts from young guys like yourself makes them upset.

Phuket in my opinion is no more of a shithole than the rest of Thailand and at your age, you will have a great time there. It will be a completely different experience for you than the majority of the older guys on here who hate the place. So if you like the place after your visit, just go for it! Then eventually, like me, you'll realise Thailand is just for beginners, and there are way better places to live in asia. You need to do it though to get it out of your system. Once you've lived in Thailand for a while, give Vietnam or Indonesia a go, and you'll laugh at why you were ever interested in being in Phuket for an extended period of time!

Ha ha that was funny about people get jealous. Do you really belive people at TV get jealous because two people can make between $ 2k-3k together on illegal work. Ha ha so funny ;) Edited by larsjohnsson

Coming to Thailand with a girlfriend is like bringing a sandwich to a banquet. You'll realize that when you arrive.

You DO NOT need a work permit too conduct an online business that is now conducted outside Thailand. Just don't market directly to Thais, and DO NOT deposit profits from it directly into to a Thai bank account. Keep your home country business address and phone number... that way you are definitely not working IN Thailand. I know 4 people who have been doing this for many years... never 2 seconds of worry about the incompetent government officials bothering them. NO ONE will ever know about your business unless you tell people here.

Bringing a girl to Thailand is like bringing sand to the beach.

You might look into getting a education Visa to study Thai. That should allow you to stay in the country a year with minimal effort as to actually studying anything.

As to renting a place, there are plenty of places that rent for 12-15k baht a month in Phuket. Skip Patong and check out the beaches north and south of it. The only way to do it is to come here and find a guest house to live at so you can look around for a place to live.

Good luck.

He isnt bringing "a girl", he is bringing his partner/gf.

For some, that actually means something..as strange as that might sound to you.

Pathetic.

Good luck to you both iExpat! Garner what info you can, and anything else you are sure to suss out as you go along! :D

Warning though: as others have said, unless your girlfriend is smoking hot, and you love her to pieces.. Your situation is the same as bringing home made ham sandwiches to the ritz carlton brunch buffet. You will be tempted on every level, every day. If you are remotely athletic and even average looking, at 21 years old you will be very much 'in demand', from the young thai girls.

Obviously in a place like patong in Phuket, most will be prostitutes, so be wary of that. But other than that, be prepared to put your relationship at real risk (unless she is absolutely hot and you love her)

Jesus..not every man finds Thai women attractive.

What an ass you are to compare his partner to a ham sandwich.

Fk sake..the men on here.... Zzzz.....................

iExpat is looking for advice about setting up. He didnt ask for relationship advice.

Coming to Thailand with a girlfriend is like bringing a sandwich to a banquet. You'll realize that when you arrive.

You DO NOT need a work permit too conduct an online business that is now conducted outside Thailand. Just don't market directly to Thais, and DO NOT deposit profits from it directly into to a Thai bank account. Keep your home country business address and phone number... that way you are definitely not working IN Thailand. I know 4 people who have been doing this for many years... never 2 seconds of worry about the incompetent government officials bothering them. NO ONE will ever know about your business unless you tell people here.

Bringing a boyfriend to Thailand is like bringing a potato to ..whatever..

Some people are actually HAPPY with their partners, REGARDLESS of their nationality or skin colour.

Holy shit... >.<

I reccomend recommend that you don't mess around on here, there's homework to be finished for school tomorrow.wink.png

Im sorry for the spelling mistake.

Im not native

Lets see if you can speak my language.

Good luck.

I speak several seven to be exact fluently 4 others not so bad,good luck

iExpat is looking for advice about setting up. He didnt ask for relationship advice.

Jesus Christ dude chill out. Banter is just banter

Jesus Christ dude chill out. Banter is just banter

Jesus Christ man, why such a strong reaction to my banter?

Take a chill pill...

I reccomend recommend that you don't mess around on here, there's homework to be finished for school tomorrow.wink.png

Im not native

Good luck.

I speak several seven to be exact fluently 4 others not so bad,good luck

I guess in all your language studies, nobody taught you how to punctuate.

• Like 2

Unless you're a guy maybe it's difficult to understand Lara. Even if you're very much in love in a committed relationship, there are so many girls here who want a [young/decent looking] farang boyfriend, you have to have a very strong moral outlook to resist them, and when you're in your twenties, not many people have that.

Im not native

Good luck.

OP Have some respect for your elders.

Im not native

Good luck.

OP Have some respect for your elders.

Did he have respect for me? I was asking something, i dont need troll post. I need some help.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies.

The ones who are trolling me its ok.

We dont want to be ilegal, I would like to apply for a ED visa.

Any thoughts about Bangkok?

I worked in Bangkok for a year when I was 26, followed by 2 years in Jakarta. Bangkok is amazing, you will absolutely love it

Ed visa would be perfect for you in your circumstance. Don't worry about working online. Keep a low profile, keep your cash out of Thailand where you can

Warning again though: you will be surrounded by top totty who will be trying to get into your pants on a daily basis. A nice.. Warning

• Like 1

Im not native

Good luck.

What language spells Phuket 'Phucket' ???

totster smile.png

Yeah, they should replace the "PH" with an "F"

Nice that people are responding to this post but is a littlle strange that the op, after posting the same thread 3 times is not responding.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That thread is closed, due to that and it was his first attempt at TV, maybe his location caused problems and had to hit the send button a few times.

For the rest why he did not reply, yet , but later did, ...

... is because some nice farangs, send him PM's with real good advice instead all these angry old geezers here as usual.

Thanks to the few who gave this guy and girl real good advice.

Advice as he wanted is always better given in private then public.xWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ic.52UL_9jJ74.pn