visa crack down

I have been living in Thailand for over 10yrs and mostly have been doing a monthly boarder visa run until recent they have refused to give me a re-entry stamp and gave me 7 days to solve this or leave Thailand, what other visa options do i have? I do have a young child with my Thai girlfriend however we are not married and i work from the internet.

thank you

I think you should take THB 500k out of the millions and millions you've saved by living tax free in a cheap country for 10 years (that's just an average USD 128 you needed to save a month over those years) and get a Thailand Elite Easy Access card. smile.png

I think you can go down to immigration and get a 60-day extension to visit your child. You can't get these back to back but can do border runs between (at least previously). I do these all the time because I am married to a Thai but I believe (somebody correct me if I am wrong) it works the same to visit your child.

Unless you are old enough to get a retirement visa then probably your best bet is to get married during the 60-day extension. I hear they are cracking down to on EDU visas and after being here 10-years on border runs, I have a feeling you would be the perfect candidate to be questioned about your really being here to attend school.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Looks like the OP fits the bill almost perfectly as a target for the current crack down. He writes that he has been living and presumably working here for ten years mostly without holding any Thai visa (although he may not be Korean, Chinese, or Russian).

Get your self declared by the courts as the legal father of your child, put 400,000 THB in the bank, get a 60 day extension to visit your child, then apply for a one year extension of permission to stay based on supporting your child (National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.18 - Thai Family).

Just 90 day reports at the local immigration dept, no need to ever go to the border again.

Edited by digitalchromakey