Now I Am Angry

lampard10

AGREE 100%

Now they really ARE taking the piss! The celebrations are over but now they're showing f***ing highlights of it all at 8pm. Why not put it on at 7.30?

Rest assured, this fiasco will cost Thailand big time every two years when the Euro's and World Cup comes on. All future visitors will visit sites like Thai Visa as a valuable source of info and see for themselves the displeasure of all concerned.

No English commentary, outright lying on all advertising.....

Not good, not good AT ALL...!!!

I will be leaving LOS at regular 2 year intervals from now on for a 1 month "sabattical".

I dont think it can be blamed on Thai TV, no one pays for it so they can put what the fuk they want on it :o

The real culprits are UBC/ESPN "the worldwide leader in sport", there being paid by subscribers to televise the top sporting events :D

Have any of u guys that are having this problem considered looking around for a cheap cable provider in your local area?

mine has all the matches in english from Supersport. It would be worth getting just for the WC as its dirt cheap. Well mine here in Phuket is anyway.

What did I say?

In the BKK post today, Spain V Ukraine 20.00 ch 11

LIES,LIES,LIES,LIES

I think it's time to resign Mr Roger :o Crutchley

Don’t complain

It will upset the spelling experts and the language experts who think you should not have things like major world sporting events on tv for your pleasure

You’re in Thailand as they often remind us

Maybe green men on Mars get a better coverage than us in Thailand

What did I say?

In the BKK post today, Spain V Ukraine 20.00 ch 11

LIES,LIES,LIES,LIES

I think it's time to resign Mr Roger :o Crutchley

Don’t complain

It will upset the spelling experts and the language experts who think you should not have things like major world sporting events on tv for your pleasure

You’re in Thailand as they often remind us

Maybe green men on Mars get a better coverage than us in Thailand

It's clearly does not rank as important to billions of people and FIFA are morons . . . apparently.

How could they schedule this event for every four years . . .

Edited by Sing_Sling

Have any of u guys that are having this problem considered looking around for a cheap cable provider in your local area?

mine has all the matches in english from Supersport. It would be worth getting just for the WC as its dirt cheap. Well mine here in Phuket is anyway.

Lucky you. Premium Cable where I am - Pai, Mae Hong Son province - doesn't have Supersport. Cheap cable - which I have - doesn't show it either. This is not just me, I was driving around town and none of the bars/pubs that show football showed the game. And believe me, they were frantically seaching all cable/satellite channels available.

I think I could pick it up with the free satellite service (not the paid-for version), considering getting a dish. Unfortunately I don't know anything about satellite, but it's supposed to pick up some premium channels from the philippines. If anyone knows more about this, such as: Does it really work, and does it pick up world cup games, let me know.

The situation in Thailand would not suck so much if they at least said in advance that they are not going to show half the games. I hope this was the last day of royal-mania... Long Live the King!

I think I could pick it up with the free satellite service (not the paid-for version), considering getting a dish. Unfortunately I don't know anything about satellite, but it's supposed to pick up some premium channels from the philippines. If anyone knows more about this, such as: Does it really work, and does it pick up world cup games, let me know.

Wot is free satellite ??

I have a dish but wasn't free but i don't pay subscription.

The sat is Agila KU and so far all the games have had excellent english commentators..John Helm and the like. Its like having ur best mate down the pub wiv beer in hand.

Have not ventured into town yet (Chiang Rai) to check the bars but tonite might be different :o

The little blob top right on the TV says in green /yellow

solar

live access

Indeed why can they not show the highlights of the days royal news at 7.30 instead of 8? To say that they won't delay or swap the times for anything is nonsense as I recall Paradorn Srichapan's winning match against Agassi at Wimbledon a few years ago being shown on 7 and not being interuppted for any kind of news, royal or otherwise despite being a 7pm start local time.

Nope. I'm afraid that there are other darker machinations here at work and it smacks of just the kind of stunt Squarehead would pull to make his opponents look bad.

If its any grain of comfort they were all buggering off home yesterday so hopefully it will be service as usual, or not as the case may be.

Now they really ARE taking the piss! The celebrations are over but now they're showing f***ing highlights of it all at 8pm. Why not put it on at 7.30?

Just as the Thai national anthem is broadcast at 8.00am and 6.00pm every day, 8.00pm is dedicated to news about the King and the Royal family.

That is just the way it is and no way can I see them ostensibly 'relegating' coverage of the King and his family in favour of football.

You would have more chance of getting FIFA to change the kick-off times... :o

Just as the Thai national anthem is broadcast at 8.00am and 6.00pm every day, 8.00pm is dedicated to news about the King and the Royal family.

Correct... and please be reminded (gently) about the Forum Rules.

:o

The sat is Agila KU and so far all the games have had excellent english commentators.

Also correct... but that is broadcast from the Phillipines and not Thailand. :D

Requirements: 7.5 foot diameter mesh satellite dish and receiver.

Look in the Technology Forum for threads on this subject.

I live in Sriracha

We get the Real Madrid channel on the local cable

They have played all the 8pm games (except Saturdays Eng Vs Par)

English commentary too- South African (not as good as Martin Tyler)

Not sure why they don't have this channel on UBC

I know people want to complain about the channel blockouts but please put it into perspective: The King is celebrating a very special moment with the Thai people. The world cup just happens to coincide with the event. There are some things more important than sports.

That is just the way it is and no way can I see them ostensibly 'relegating' coverage of the King and his family in favour of football.

Not tonight........................Royal news 19.30....................Ecuador v Costa Rica 20.00

Only problem is, it is only on for an hour, then something else is advertised. Maybe they don't realise football matches go on for nearly two hours.

On normal days only one channel broadcasts Royal news, I believe. Football should return as soon as the celebrations are over, possibly today.

Not tonight........................Royal news 19.30....................Ecuador v Costa Rica 20.00

Only problem is, it is only on for an hour, then something else is advertised. Maybe they don't realise football matches go on for nearly two hours.

you're joking, right? one hour?

you're joking, right? one hour?

So the BKK post TV schedule says.

Maybe they think that the 20.00 match is only an hour long, and that is why we have only seen up to an hour. They're not cutting any off the front, so the logical ( THAI) thing is to chop it off the end.

Edited by lampard10

You need winrar to open the file.. anyway, here is direct link.. this is zip file.. You'll need winzip..

http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/TVUPlayer.zip

Some of you may have seen the above is really good, ESPN and ESPN2 et all, it works and its better than nothing.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72346

redrus

*I watched some of the Costa Rica game on it earlier and it was near perfect.

Edited by redrus

Well Channels 7 and 11 ran the Royal broadcast at 8.00pm as usual, although Channel 5 seemed to show the whole Ecuador v Costa Rica match from start to finish, skipping the Royal news. :D

TIT... :D