Car Tax Agent Chalong (Chao Fa East)

davidjg

Does anyone know an agent in Chalong that can take my car for car check, tax and insurance? I read on this forum that the agent fees are around 100 baht, but what are the fees for the actual check, tax and insurance?

Cheers,

David

There is one in Rawai down the soi next to the big shell museum opposite Laguna, but do not use them. They are utterly incompetent. I had to return 3 times for different reasons to give them additional papers which they shouldn't have needed, and in the end they took so long that the residency certificate I had given them expired and I needed a new one. Eventually I demanded a refund and told them I would do it myself. They want 1900B to change name for motorbike. Getting a car taxed should be less than that,

There is another one in Rawai on Vichit road closer to Chalong the circle opposite side of the road. Look for the gear symbol. Anywhere you see this gear symbol is an inspection shop that will get you a new tax disk or change the name in the book. They are everywhere in Thailand. I know there are a few along Chao Fa East.

Image0837.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find the one on Vichit close to the circle so ended up going to the one close to the shell museum. Hopefully, it will be problem free. Going to collect on thursday so I will update then. Hopefully things have improved since NomadJoe visited. Of course, not long after I found one much closer to my house on Chaofa East. Opposite the large second hand store for anyone interested.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find the one on Vichit close to the circle so ended up going to the one close to the shell museum. Hopefully, it will be problem free. Going to collect on thursday so I will update then. Hopefully things have improved since NomadJoe visited. Of course, not long after I found one much closer to my house on Chaofa East. Opposite the large second hand store for anyone interested.

We use the one you are using all the time, its up a narrow lane

Good service, never any problems

Cost 100 baht plus license fee's

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
On 5/21/2014 at 9:02 AM, nedkellylives said:

We use the one you are using all the time, its up a narrow lane

Good service, never any problems

Cost 100 baht plus license fee's

and chance you could specify where please?

• Haha 1