where can i but a metronome

ericpasansai

Any music shop, there are too many to list these days they are just electric click devices, but they work. Try Pol music across from Chedi hotel or the shop on Moon Muang between soi 1 and 2 or near there, If you want to make it real simple just google metronome online and use your 'puter as your 'nome

Edited by daoyai

Any music shop, there are too many to list these days they are just electric click devices, but they work. Try Pol music across from Chedi hotel or the shop on Moon Muang between soi 1 and 2 or near there, If you want to make it real simple just google metronome online and use your 'puter as your 'nome

I've done that but they tend to go out of time every so often, which can be annoying.

this what i want

That's a real metronome, like I used to own years ago.

Other than one of the finer music stores in Bangkok, eBay will be your best bet. Expect to pay about 10-12,000 Baht for a good one (walnut or mahogany).

Here are a couple (German made):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wittner-W803-Wooden-Metronome-Walnut-/321410160220?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad589d65c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wittner-W814M-Genuine-Metronome-with-Bell-Walnut-Matt-Silk-/310962554626?pt=AU_Instrument_Accessories&hash=item4866d00702

Why not just buy a multi-effects box for an electric guitar if you're going to spend that much? They only cost around 5000 baht and have an electronic metronome. Of course, if you're playing an acoustic instrument I suppose it would be a bit of a waste but I wouldn't pay 12,000 Baht for something that just makes a ticking noise.

Edited by inthepink

Why not just buy a multi-effects box for an electric guitar if you're going to spend that much? They only cost around 5000 baht and have an electronic metronome. Of course, if you're playing an acoustic instrument I suppose it would be a bit of a waste but I wouldn't pay 12,000 Baht for something that just makes a ticking noise.

Perhaps its a case of form over function.

Lots of people like items to be fashionable/attractive, dare I say beautiful.......

The world is full of baby grand pianos with metronomes and brass candle holders that never get used.

Edited by mamborobert

Perhaps its a case of form over function.

Lots of people like items to be fashionable/attractive, dare I say beautiful.......

The world is full of baby grand pianos with metronomes and brass candle holders that never get used.

Sure, if that's the case no worries. I'm only interested in the functionality myself.

I imagine it might be for decorative purposes.

Because there is nothing like the rich, warm sound of a precision metronome made in Germany from hard wood like walnut or mahogany; simple. The electronic ones make a horrible sterile tone. This is especially true if the signal is amplified and played in your ears many hours a day.

Because there is nothing like the rich, warm sound of a precision metronome made in Germany from hard wood like walnut or mahogany; simple. The electronic ones make a horrible sterile tone. This is especially true if the signal is amplified and played in your ears many hours a day.

If you say so. I can barely hear the metronome when I use it. It's just there in the background when I'm practicing certain techniques.