schools in Korat private or public

ableguy

Can anyone give me info on schools for a very bright ten year old girl, movint to Korat soon and would like to send her to a private school but have no idea of locale or costs associated with.

Any public schools above average ??? any help much appreciated.

When you say moving to Korat, do you mean city or province????

I live in Pak Chong, Korat Province and my son goes to St. Stephen's International school there.

I am the chairman of the PTA there and if I can help in any way, well pm me.

From The Mall in the centre of Korat city, it is a 1 hr drive to St. Stephen's. We are actually looking at laying on transport to/from Korat City if we can get enough students. There will be a big push by us in the next academic year, with planned school introductions taking place in the Mall.

Hope this helps.

When you say moving to Korat, do you mean city or province????

I live in Pak Chong, Korat Province and my son goes to St. Stephen's International school there.

I am the chairman of the PTA there and if I can help in any way, well pm me.

From The Mall in the centre of Korat city, it is a 1 hr drive to St. Stephen's. We are actually looking at laying on transport to/from Korat City if we can get enough students. There will be a big push by us in the next academic year, with planned school introductions taking place in the Mall.

Hope this helps.

I like the sound of the transport for St Stephens but I do think it is too long a daily commute from Korat City, I really do want my son to go to an International School... But I was considering a move, maybe to Pak Chong (Which is closer to Bangkok where I work anyway) or into Bangkok itself.

The standards of International school Vs English program schools are opposite ends of the scale.

I looked around a couple of years ago and the best I could find was called Plookpanya (or something like that). Problem was that they only offer up to age 14 I think.

We looked at St Stephen's but to be honest it looked a bit run down and they seemed to be gradually cutting back on the upper ages that they offer classes to. At one time I think they went up to age 18, now it's 16 I think, and they stated that it would be reduced further to age 14 and older kids would then have to attend St Stephens in BKK. Not sure whether or not that happened but it just didn't impress me much so I didn't pursue it.

Edited by Colonel_Mustard

I have A friend that lives about A mile from The Mall.Kids in her family go to A school that teaches English.Supposely A government school.But ya also have to pay money.Pm me I will get ya the information on it.