Gassed Again, not its DL's

RawaiPlaBoyz

Remember two important issues.

1. After you are here for 90 days, as per you Passport the only legal one is a Thai DL.

2. You must change you address at the LTO etc.

I'm due for my 3rd 5yr in Aug of 2016 and I betting they be so over run with all the new renewals it will revert. Ooops, I have been told that for Nung Pan Baht I'll get a 5 year and never even go to the offit!

Run without a VALID DL, "you farang you" wrong gets even worse!

1. After you are here for 90 days, as per you Passport the only legal one is a Thai DL.

I'm due for my 3rd 5yr in Aug of 2016 and I betting they be so over run with all the new renewals it will revert. Ooops, I have been told that for Nung Pan Baht I'll get a 5 year and never even go to the offit!

Alright then <deleted> are you trying to say? I give up.

• Like 2

He mentiones O-A visa specifically, not retirement or any other kind of extension.

Here is an ad on TV that makes it clear. O-A is for retirement, Extension of Stay stamp

reads RETIERMENT AND TWO LINES DOWN IS SAYS EXTENSION OF STAY. I have seen the O-A designator used for retirement to include any extensions of stay based on the original O-A.

I have many in my passport!

Please don't go rubbish on this one as it is clear you don't hold this visa or you'd already know about the rules.

Reference the ad below and take note that some getting an extension of stay use such services. Not I, thank you

http://www.thaivisa.com/retirement-non-imm-oa-visa.html you got this now , TV never lies

He mentiones O-A visa specifically, not retirement or any other kind of extension.

Here is an ad on TV that makes it clear. O-A is for retirement, Extension of Stay stamp

reads RETIERMENT AND TWO LINES DOWN IS SAYS EXTENSION OF STAY. I have seen the O-A designator used for retirement to include any extensions of stay based on the original O-A.

I have many in my passport!

Please don't go rubbish on this one as it is clear you don't hold this visa or you'd already know about the rules.

Reference the ad below and take note that some getting an extension of stay use such services. Not I, thank you

http://www.thaivisa.com/retirement-non-imm-oa-visa.html you got this now , TV never lies

Please learn how to read. He is talking about visa, not extensions of stay. There is a big difference between the 2, which you obviously don't understand. There is an O-A visa and an extension of stay based on retirement. And these are not the same.

Edited by stevenl

After reading your link, see post #35, I understand your confusion. It says

Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) Extension

This type of visa

Which is incorrect. An extension and visa are not the same.

Wondering why you would want a Thai credit card anyway!! LOL!

Because some guys have moved every dollar they have every earnt into Thailand and now need a credit card for online purchases etc.

Why someone would do that is beyond me, but each to their own. :)

Edited by NamKangMan

It's threads like these that make me happy I am just on a plain and simple tourist visa. :)

However, that could change are the next visa run. :)

It's threads like these that make me happy I am just on a plain and simple tourist visa. smile.png

However, that could change are the next visa run. smile.png

Yeah! Some where in the rubble that found its way into the info someone said that the only reason to go long stay was for the DL.. Wow, that was a pile of rubbish as in the warnings at Ranong|!

This type of visa

Of course, the extension of stay is based on the O-A Visa. Again, the man simply made it simple.. I sure currently all O-A and extension will be included.... Hey, kool the keyboarding...

This type of visa

Of course, the extension of stay is based on the O-A Visa. Again, the man simply made it simple.. I sure currently all O-A and extension will be included.... Hey, kool the keyboarding...

We'll see, information in this thread from members on extensions of stay indicates otherwise.

This type of visa

We'll see, information in this thread from members on extensions of stay indicates otherwise.

Steven, please... the application of the rule has yet to go into affect so how can we get "otherwise info" Remember: I'm, on an extension of stay and have had 2 five year renewals.....Again, as you said, We'll See. yes when the new application is tested............Nobody has any real time info as of yet,,,,,

Steven, please... the application of the rule has yet to go into affect <snip>

Strange, the article says otherwise.

Steven, please... the application of the rule has yet to go into affect <snip>

Strange, the article says otherwise.

offer of proff. quote to support you position... Probablty they are still issuing 5 yr DL until the first of June. Who has been given a 1 year who is on a extension or first OA. I did have a DL before I had and OA... was within the law!

Not sure what your rant is about but you are wrong about the Driver's License rumour you are posting. Being retired has no relevance to whether you get a 1 year or 5 year license.

No true, just announced, only B visa will get 5 year licenses, was "all a mistake" that O visa were getting them before..

Not sure what your rant is about but you are wrong about the Driver's License rumour you are posting. Being retired has no relevance to whether you get a 1 year or 5 year license.

No true, just announced, only B visa will get 5 year licenses, was "all a mistake" that O visa were getting them before..

Thanks for the statement. these guys can't read or just like to box........ I read the article to my dismay.. I do expect, however that the change will revert due to the number of applicnats. At PLTO is overwhelmed just getting the students their motorbike cards. The video is very boring, BTW

Really?

I am on a retirement extension of stay from a B visa so where does that leave me?