Has Chiang Mai been affected by the imposition of martial law?

Loaded

Just heard on NewsAsia that if some one needs a ride to the airport in those hours the army will take them.

Also just heard that the Army has called in all the Ministers and the Prime Minister for a meeting tonight. If they can find him. He has managed to miss the two meetings that they had yesterday and today.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update: country-wide curfew in effect 22:00-5:00.

Is this real? Do you have a link? That would really help kill tourism - it may be 7% of GDP, but its a bigger lump of CM GDP!

Well if it is not true you might want to call the Tops markets they were announcing it and saying that they were going to shut down at 8:00 PM.

I wonder if this is just a temporary thing until all the protestors return home? Just a thought.

I wonder about the open 24 hour business. Are they going to close up?

Yeah - Oscar was just so fast off the mark I hadn't caught it on the news yet. Now they are in, I would think they will stay in place until a reform government is appointed by the Senate - maybe even through the reforms process itself. One thing is likely is that it will be pretty light on tourists up here in CM. I know people that have cancelled already (over the ML let alone the coup).

I just checked WETV. Everything was fine, but after a few minutes BBC went off the air. However, Channel News Asia was still working and their coverage of Thailand's political situation is quite good. Will they vanish too?

I take that back. Just went down.

Still working here... WeTV

CNN, BBC, Bloomberg and CNBC are now off the air.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We've got the Royal news across all 70 Channels.sad.png

I just checked WETV. Everything was fine, but after a few minutes BBC went off the air. However, Channel News Asia was still working and their coverage of Thailand's political situation is quite good. Will they vanish too?

gone......

Well I was watching a cookery programme, which must have been a threat to national security, because that channel and everything else on True has gone down. I wonder if we will get a cut in out monthly bills for loss of service!!! Ha ha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just heard on NewsAsia that if some one needs a ride to the airport in those hours the army will take them.

Also just heard that the Army has called in all the Ministers and the Prime Minister for a meeting tonight. If they can find him. He has managed to miss the two meetings that they had yesterday and today.

And their obvious attempts to ignore the general possibly one of the factors to push him to full coup.

You play with fire you get burned.

Edited by scorecard

re

i was watching a bbc report from bangkok and it died

after that i changed to chanel news asia who were reporting the reporters / journolists being pushed out of the army club and that died too :)

chanell 40 is showing this screen at the mo and playing music !

with no soaps to watch on tv and a curfew the maternity hospitals in 9 months are going to be busy :)

dave2

ps ... i wonder if they are going to close thai visa down as well ? ... are we a threat ? ... i dont think so but what do i know ... im an alien :(

post-42592-0-32445700-1400765398_thumb.j