Do any CM Moo Bans have a semblance of privacy?

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

From what I've seen every Moo Ban near Chiang Mai overbuilds in whatever area they have available to develop. To make maximum money it seems that four houses are constructed where one would be much more ideal It makes perfect sense from the developer's point of view. It just not a place I would ever want to live.

Is there any Moo Ban around CM where the houses cost a bit more but you get some privacy from your neighbors for the extra money?

Check out Home in Park off the canal road in Nong Kwai - the name fits , wide streets , park area, club house , tennis court, swimming pool , many open space areas - and quiet - great value for the money

• Like 1

Remember, the land and house are generally sold separately in Moo Baans, so for someone to have a large plot, they need to buy 2 or 3 plots of LAND in the Moo Baan and then have their house built on it.

Hence, you will often see a plot of land in a Moo Baan where they bought the land but did not bother having the house built.

I think developers are slowly waking up to the fact buyers want a larger garden with their 5 bed detached.

• Like 1

PM me if you're looking for a very private moo baan with very low population density and lots of natural forest surrounded by rice fields, yet only 20 minutes to super hiway. I have a nice property for sale there cheap.

Have a look at Non Z, quite a large area behind the Non Z restaurant, opposite MeeChok Plaza. I have a house there, excellent. Plenty of undeveloped plots if you want to do your own thing.

it is all about profit... developpers want more money on a small plot of land

in their brochures, they give you the illusion of a big house with big garden, while in reality, there are 4 houses at least on the real land...

I had to buy two lots to get any space ... Cost more and have too much grass to cut, but I don't have a house that sits right next to another . Im at the end of the Soi and a canal runs next to my property so pretty much have some privacy ...

post-99323-0-63490100-1400643186_thumb.j

The 3 developments by Quality Houses are very good Moo Bans. All 3 are on the Middle Ring Road - Laddarom and Elegance which are now completed and good for pre owned properties and the new development QH Elegance at the Mahidol road junction where detached properties are being released in phases.

All properties are over Baht 5M and even up to Baht20M, but offer good security, pools, greenery and space . Have lived in Laddarom since it was completed 10 years ago and now happily moved to the new QH development which is fantastic.

Take a look at World Club Land, just off the Hang Dong road intersection with the road that goes toward the Night Safari. World Club is on the left side of that road. Land plots are plentiful in World Club, what ever size you can afford, and is a gated community.

Naboo (#4) points out something, when I arrived in CM, at first surprised and pleased me - as I was disappointed about lot sizes too. A considerable sense of privacy can be acheived with full greenery at the property line - short bamboo is but one choice. Moreover, green walls are very pleasant while 'removing' in a sense, the house next door. Such enclosures also confer a sense of inner quiet within them, not to mention an opportunity for green, shade, and flower design. These aspects are often employed (keeping in harmony with home) in places where land is hard to obtain (urban or near it). But the 'garden' can be far more peace giving, small or large, with thought given to acheiving tranquility or a sense of privacy by way of growing things.

Neighborhood noise is a consideration also, of course - location is the important consideration for that (roosters, dogs, speakers, neighbors themselves), and there are a number of fine suggestions above for that relating to location. Should be checked out, however. in person, and even then, time will tell.

Agree on the greenery. Our neighbor in the back is about 3 meters away and on the sides about 6 meters away. These houses are close to the property line but you can barely see them from our house and sitting out on our patio it feels quite private.

Also remember that things grow really fast here. It only took about a year from putting in our original landscaping until we were enclosed and we did not transplant fully grown trees like some others did in our neighborhood. My wife regularly removes overgrowth. We had 2 trees blown down a couple of weeks ago and it is hard to tell the difference.

Griin

We lucked in by visiting older, established housing estates and looked for vacant plots on cul de sacs and out of the way sois.

Prices in established older estates are more reasonable it seemed whereas the newer estates are charging monthly or tri-monthly escalating prices. So a casual look-round and inquiry at the older sites may yield a deal. Heading out of the city towards and nearer Doi Saket on the south side are several partially completed older housing estates, where for whatever reason, buyers ceased coming. Possibly the newer designs nearer CMai caught their eye - but a newly constructed house can be whatever you envisage. Be sure to drive in and thru the estates there, as there are no sales offices.