110V to 220V transformer... HELP!

Flying Clog

Hello all,

I stupidly bought an ice cream maker in the USA a couple of weeks ago thinking it would work here since the plugs are the same. I didn't, however, check the voltage rating... Most of the stuff I've bought in the US is capable of 100-240V, but this thing only does 110V..

So I did a little googling and it seems I need a 'step up transformer'.

Does anyone have even the slightest clue where I might be able to find one? Preferably in the Chergntalay/Laguna area, or at least north of Central Festival..

Thanks everyone!

FC

Think you would need a Step DOWN transformer

blink.png

What he says. You need a 220 to 110 step down transformer and needs to have a power (wattage) rating at least that of what is shown on the ice cream maker. Since the ice cream maker probably has a motor and if it isn't a DC motor then the 50 Hz versus the 60Hz of the US can be a small problem and the motor may run slower and hotter. Again, assuming an AC motor in it. Don't know if there is an Amorn located there but if so would be a possible source.

• Like 2

Amorn in basement of Big C used to have a good selection of electrical accessories but in the last couple of years they have much less stock so I am not so confident they will have your step down transformer. If Amorn not have then try Southern Dynatech on Krabi Road, the road behind Thai Airlines office in Phuket Town. For sure they will have that step down.

Google ref https://maps.google.com/?ll=7.885131,98.384674&spn=0.001565,0.001725&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=7.885126,98.384468&panoid=yOADGqYI-qE2eBiMeod4mw&cbp=12,160.03,,1,1.47

I tried the Amorn last week (in the basement of big C) for a step down transformer for my Vitamix blender from the US. I couldn't find one and the gentleman working there said there were "finished" but there may be more next week. I'll have to try Southern Dynatech -- thank you LIK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Since the ice cream maker probably has a motor and if it isn't a DC motor then the 50 Hz versus the 60Hz of the US can be a small problem and the motor may run slower and hotter.

Actually that slowdown could be a big problem as it may not be fast enough to work - had that happen with a popcorn maker years ago.