"Where's the Government Now?" Army Chief Asks Reporters

Lite Beer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching this press conference. He sounded like an ____ and punk, just like the rest of them. Why bother having a press conference if questions annoy you? They weren't asking annoying, leading, and silly questions like a CNN reporter might either. They were legitimate questions. At one point I think he told a reporter to go see an ear doctor. I took it to mean he considered he already answered that topic and refused to repeat himself.

• Like 1

Of course it has only just begun. The international community is fully aware of the total corruption within the Thai armed forces. The only issue is how long will it be before the populas rise up.

Oh dear scamper, what you fail to grasp is that General Prayuth is very much a politician, as well as a military leader, whether he likes it or not.

It's very common for staff officers of such high ranking to be involved in politics especially in Thailand, all one needs to do is look at the senate, I do believe there are former Generals sitting there due to the events of the past.

To also think he's naive and not aware of the potential implications of today's events with regards to the political climate is also naive.

I like him, he seems a no none sense type of person, I personally know a British General, he used to be my old company Commander who was also a no none sense type of guy, but the higher the ladder he rose, the more political his position was, rather than being Military tough guys, many British Generals were the same, and at the end of the, he's decided to step in, so in effect he's now a statesman and a politician as well as the leader of the Royal Thai Army.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Fat Haggis

Straight to the point, Respect to Gen. Prayuth. Need Generals like him in the British Army and then maybe Britain would still have a military rather than a defence force

No problem......there's 1700 of them here..I think the ratio is 1:39 enlisted men......take a few home!

• Like 2

Hilarious first show of total lack understaning of how things work. Wonder if they need a PR guy to steer the coup through the rest of the day.

Government were busy all day with Reuters, BBC, CNN, US, EU and every Ambassador in Thailand. Check out the reports. Also busy drafting a totally legal draft for elections on 3rd August.

Be difficult now for EC not to comply with election date request now their friends have ensures safety with martial law. smile.png

So, whilst the army were posturing, taking selfies and meeting with Suthep and their backers, the Government backed them into a corner with an election date. Hilarious first day in power.

Pity the Army thought to concentrate on his smug allies!!!

You seem to be one of those pathetic individuals who is crying out loud right now, just because someone stepped in in the nick of time to stop psychotic red hordes from starting a civil war. He was right - what government? They lost the control of country some time ago. And might I refresh your memory, we got to this point only because UDD/Red shirts terrorists accelerated smuggling automatic weapons to Bangkok/Thailand. Get some perspective.

Wrong again.

They didn't lose control, they had it stripped from then by a small elite mob. A mob that was dwindling so much that the Army could no longer protect them on the streets.

Thanks for the lovely flames. I am sorry that the glory of your much prayed for coup was short lived and only in small areas of Elite society at that.

You really need to be reading more before you post. Note I spent all day reading real news before I posted. Flame on by all means, but please, do so with more info. backing you.

I won't reply anymore to you. Much more important things to read and write. I'll just see how many likes you get for your poor respnse

a hell of a lot more than you, maybe tv members like to read the truth not the red/ptp bullsh*t that you apologists sprook constantly. Reading the govt.red biased kaosod pages doesnt give you any facts just propaganda and bullsh*t but that is what you thrive on, we are waiting for the dummy spit you lot will be doing when the ptp/reds are locked up where they should be, as they say, he who laughs last laughs best