"Where's the Government Now?" Army Chief Asks Reporters

Lite Beer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good solid approach from The General, needs to get this protest stuff on both sides under control.

This has been needed for sometime , as the current PTP mob have shown little inclination to do anything other than dance to a convicted criminal fugitives drum.

It's early days yet! and hard to predict which side the General really leans towards!

Its actually real easy to figure out which side Khun General Prayuth is on, and that has been obvious from the day he was appointed to his position with the statements he was making then and the very well disciplined, fair and even handed approach he has been applying since. The side he is on is as his position dictates which is His Most Revered and Royal Highness, Thailand and the thai people and his troops first and foremost. And it certainly is not any of the low life rabble that pass as politicians. It is a pity that this guy had not been the Army General in Chief many years ago as I think Thailand would by now have put most of this current garbage behind them. Its a pity that he is going to retire soon as Thailand needs more of his type. Hopefully his predecessor will have his same outstanding qualities.

Well said. I do hope an example can be made. Thailand, at this time, needs a steady man. I hope honor and pride in Country prevail. All else will follow.

Good solid approach from The General, needs to get this protest stuff on both sides under control.

This has been needed for sometime , as the current PTP mob have shown little inclination to do anything other than dance to a convicted criminal fugitives drum.

It's early days yet! and hard to predict which side the General really leans towards!

Its actually real easy to figure out which side Khun General Prayuth is on, and that has been obvious from the day he was appointed to his position with the statements he was making then and the very well disciplined, fair and even handed approach he has been applying since. The side he is on is as his position dictates which is His Most Revered and Royal Highness, Thailand and the thai people and his troops first and foremost. And it certainly is not any of the low life rabble that pass as politicians. It is a pity that this guy had not been the Army General in Chief many years ago as I think Thailand would by now have put most of this current garbage behind them. Its a pity that he is going to retire soon as Thailand needs more of his type. Hopefully his predecessor will have his same outstanding qualities.

Well Said. Thailand needs a steady hand, and hopefully one that rules by pride of Country and...Honor. All else will follow. If there is a man for the times, then hopefully this time will have a man.

"Prayuth: I suggest you go visit a doctor and do something about your ear."

"Prayuth: Do you want me to impose one? I will place a curfew on the media first. Alright, that's it. Thank you all of you. And please give your support to the military and the police."

I was laughing my ass off to these comments. This general certainly is NOT a diplomat, but man-oh-man do I like him for it. A straight talker. He really seems like he will prevent anymore bloodshed and he is the only one I see who stands a chance of getting these two sides to see reason and compromise.

Don't retire Prayuth, run for PM.

• Like 2

Oh dear scamper, what you fail to grasp is that General Prayuth is very much a politician, as well as a military leader, whether he likes it or not.

It's very common for staff officers of such high ranking to be involved in politics especially in Thailand, all one needs to do is look at the senate, I do believe there are former Generals sitting there due to the events of the past.

To also think he's naive and not aware of the potential implications of today's events with regards to the political climate is also naive.

I like him, he seems a no none sense type of person, I personally know a British General, he used to be my old company Commander who was also a no none sense type of guy, but the higher the ladder he rose, the more political his position was, rather than being Military tough guys, many British Generals were the same, and at the end of the, he's decided to step in, so in effect he's now a statesman and a politician as well as the leader of the Royal Thai Army.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

How do you know the General is a politician? Are you privvy to the information or are you taking someone else's words as face value?

Have you got the facts at hand to back up your claims or are you just talking speculation and guessing??

I want evidence from you that he is a politician, statements from the political party he is in, reports to back this from the EC and electoral ballots showing his name. All original documents please lest you fabricate the evidence. Seeing as you seem to have inside knowledge as you seemingly only deal in FACTS then this should not be an issue for you.

I can not see how he could be a politician. He pandered to no one and when reporters tried to get him to change his statements he just slapped them down.

No, he's not a politician, he's head of the military and doesn't have to kiss ars_e's or kiss babies. If he upsets some useless reporter he isn't worried he might get a bad report and lose a vote or 2 or someone in an electorate won't like / vote for him.

About time Thailand had a hard talking no nonsense guy at the top trying to get the place back into shape.

• Like 1

Hilarious first show of total lack understaning of how things work. Wonder if they need a PR guy to steer the coup through the rest of the day.

Government were busy all day with Reuters, BBC, CNN, US, EU and every Ambassador in Thailand. Check out the reports. Also busy drafting a totally legal draft for elections on 3rd August.

Be difficult now for EC not to comply with election date request now their friends have ensures safety with martial law. smile.png

So, whilst the army were posturing, taking selfies and meeting with Suthep and their backers, the Government backed them into a corner with an election date. Hilarious first day in power.

Pity the Army thought to concentrate on his smug allies!!!

You seem to be one of those pathetic individuals who is crying out loud right now, just because someone stepped in in the nick of time to stop psychotic red hordes from starting a civil war. He was right - what government? They lost the control of country some time ago. And might I refresh your memory, we got to this point only because UDD/Red shirts terrorists accelerated smuggling automatic weapons to Bangkok/Thailand. Get some perspective.

I won't reply anymore to you. Much more important things to read and write. I'll just see how many likes you get for your poor respnse

20 likes, so far.

:)

I liked the way the General spoke with the media. It doesn't matter what way you speak to a majority of the modern day journalist, they just don't listen. How many times have you listened to an interview between a journalist and a person of authority and the same questions keep getting asked time and time again. Most of the questions are utter rubbish. Having said that it is also beneficial when situations are spelt out in a short, sharp precise manner and that's not always achieved.

The media of the day is quite pathetic. Liong gone are the days of the good reporter, although I acknowledge there are still the odd ones around, most have dried up, died off or just given up.

Having said that, media aside, the problem now faced by Thailand is can the current batch of representatives take the nation forward in a positive way, clearly the situation looks extremely difficult. Furthermore the wrong doings of most of the recent history of the last couple of decades is ringing like a siren in everyone's ears.

It would be greatly benificial to Thailand, for all people to STOP, urge their leaders to get off the stage and walk forward and sit down at a round table and negotiate their way through these times. Simply screaming demands at each other using stages, crowds and violence will not work. This has been demonstrated time and time again, right around the world. Thailand does not sit inside a vacume, the rules of gravity still apply here.

Politicians need to remember that they were elected as a greater whole to represent the people. The people need to communicate with their representative and then these elected few need to gather and sort through the mess, that's what they are paid for. A clean up is required, a clean up of the greatest proportion, no side of Politics should be made exempt.

Finally, Thai people of every walk of life need to realise that corruption is like a cancer, it eats away at the very core of a community. Corruption exists in every country on the earth, at vary levels and at varying degrees. Society will NEVER operate smoothly when corrupt acts dominate, there is no way forward with that type of system. Corruption needs to be reigned in, stamped out and the people need to be able to trust their leaders, even if their first choice of leader isn't in place. The leaders of any given country should not be corrupt criminals with their own hidden agendas, it's not acceptable and will never work.

Whilst Thailand certainly has it's work cut out for it Some of the Non native people on this forum should take a bit of a look over their shoulders as the Thais arnt the only ones with these challenges ahead.

It's a shame that so many of these threads are taken over with forumites that have agendas, the constant bickering and nonesense that goes on between the 'same people' is constant and never ending. It's dull and unintelligent. The constant piiissssing contest to see who can gather words in the cleverest of ways. Many of these posters have either short or selective memories, others just seem delusional to say the least. I'm always one of the first ones to try and throw a bit of humor into the mix, try and lighten things up a bit however I realise this is just a waste of time. Anyway, I am sure most of the people I refer to here regarding this point are too busy to try and understand my message, after all they are already flat out dissection it and preparing their agenda driven replies and insults.

A long rant I realise, my apology for that, but I have one final thing to say here before the 'flames' begin. It would be pleasant if people could stop being so damn critical of Thailand all the time. No place is perfect on this planet, no place, but you are indeed one sad sack of s h I t if you feel the constant need to come into this forum and continually critise Thai people. It's a pity that sort of nonesense seems so acceptable around here and there's nothing wrong with the odd whinge, however some people just seem to be hell bent on putting Thailand constantly. Shame on you!

Feel better?

now thats tough talking taking no s--t...shame these feeble reporters didnt question ptp like that.when..they were in power..

He is among the few real men in power. He talks and behaves like a man. If only he can be more of an influence than golf/mike, k pop, chalerm and ladyboys on the youth here!

Hilarious first show of total lack understaning of how things work. Wonder if they need a PR guy to steer the coup through the rest of the day.

Government were busy all day with Reuters, BBC, CNN, US, EU and every Ambassador in Thailand. Check out the reports. Also busy drafting a totally legal draft for elections on 3rd August.

Be difficult now for EC not to comply with election date request now their friends have ensures safety with martial law. smile.png

So, whilst the army were posturing, taking selfies and meeting with Suthep and their backers, the Government backed them into a corner with an election date. Hilarious first day in power.

You seem to be one of those pathetic individuals who is crying out loud right now, just because someone stepped in in the nick of time to stop psychotic red hordes from starting a civil war. He was right - what government? They lost the control of country some time ago. And might I refresh your memory, we got to this point only because UDD/Red shirts terrorists accelerated smuggling automatic weapons to Bangkok/Thailand. Get some perspective.

Wrong again.

They didn't lose control, they had it stripped from then by a small elite mob. A mob that was dwindling so much that the Army could no longer protect them on the streets.

Thanks for the lovely flames. I am sorry that the glory of your much prayed for coup was short lived and only in small areas of Elite society at that.

You really need to be reading more before you post. Note I spent all day reading real news before I posted. Flame on by all means, but please, do so with more info. backing you.

I won't reply anymore to you. Much more important things to read and write. I'll just see how many likes you get for your poor respnse

There is still some hope on this forum.

Red supporter 'jennywren' (who spent all day reading 'real' news !!!) got 3 likes for his initial post and 4 for his reply to 'Mackie's' answer. That's 7 likes for 2 posts.

'Mackie' got 21 likes for his (according to a red-supporter 'poor') response.

21:7 for the opponents of the reds, Which doens't mean that they are all yellow or pro-Suthep - they are just against the worst case scenario which is TS and his reds.

I am happy. Yes very very happy. Love your work General.

I'll be happier when the PTP thugs disappear from Thailand

I understand your happiness but question whether you understand the issues. PTP thugs disappearing from Thailand? Not possible until the real issues are dealt with. "PTP thugs" will just continuously be replaced and the general poor population will continuously support politicians who will address some of their concerns. The Genie is out of the bottle, the people have the vote and have seen that a mass of votes can make a difference. You can hold the poor down for so long but it demands ever more greater control and any presence of democracy is lost.

I understand your happiness but question whether you understand the issues. PTP thugs disappearing from Thailand? Not possible until the real issues are dealt with. "PTP thugs" will just continuously be replaced and the general poor population will continuously support politicians who will address some of their concerns. The Genie is out of the bottle, the people have the vote and have seen that a mass of votes can make a difference. You can hold the poor down for so long but it demands ever more greater control and any presence of democracy is lost.

Wrong again.

They didn't lose control, they had it stripped from then by a small elite mob. A mob that was dwindling so much that the Army could no longer protect them on the streets.

Thanks for the lovely flames. I am sorry that the glory of your much prayed for coup was short lived and only in small areas of Elite society at that.

You really need to be reading more before you post. Note I spent all day reading real news before I posted. Flame on by all means, but please, do so with more info. backing you.

20+ likes 3 for you...a minority poster must be ptp ..w00t.gif

• Like 1

now thats tough talking taking no s--t...shame these feeble reporters didnt question ptp like that.when..they were in power..

Maybe the general can get himself a special sign made up which says "Stupid Question". Then he can just wave it at the reporters when he does not feel like answering their questions.....

Sound familiar?

Reporter: "Do you think there should be election?"

Prayuth: "I suggest you go visit a doctor and do something about your ear."

Marvellous stuff. I'd like to see him laying into the main protaganists on both sides in this fashion.....including those living abroad!.

i literally laughed throughout the interview. The army really cannot speak well to reporters.

They spoke very well to the idiots reporters. And they will speak well to the idiots who pretend to govern here.

Where is the government now?

""The government is now using a safe house, a government official said Wednesday"

Yes the house is a large one plenty of room... 2metres x 2 metres. More than they need for those not charged and about to be convicted.

Wrong again.

20+ likes 3 for you...a minority poster must be ptp ..w00t.gif

Out of likes Winstonc but add this as another :)

Exactly what is needed.

A no compromise leader that can bring respect, stability, safety, confidence and peace to Thailand.

The Reds should be ashamed that it had to get to this stage. Completely immoral, corrupt and self serving. They never had the Thai people at heart...ever.

Haven't been here long, have you? Nor learned any Thai history. I missed both Pibulsongkhram and Sarit (and Pol General Pao), but I was here in the last years of Thanom. Now, there was a guy who was a "no compromise leader." Believe it or not, there are some Thais, all older rich Yellow Shirts, who really want to return to a dictator like Sarit. The guy who used to shoot the owners of warehouses which had mysterious fires at Chinese New Years.

As for Pheu Thai and the UDD, I can see some mistakes they made. I can't imagine what prompted them to bring up that stupid amnesty bill. I still think somebody tricked Thaksin and made him believe he had a deal -- he is not normally so stupid. But have you no criticisms for the PDRC/ Blocking access to polling places because they were sure beforehand they could not win the election? Because they refused to participate in it? This was "having the Thai people at heart?" I suppose if you were in the United States you would only watch Fox News.

Edited by Acharn

"Where is the government now?"

More like, why do we need a government anyway?

I was in a normal working meeting today with my Permanent Secretary, high level officials from other ministries etc. Work keeps going on, Still have to make progress, no change there.

Only thing the government is needed for at the moment is to pass a budget bill for the next fiscal year, and to sign pending government-to-government agreements.

Thailand could be better off without a government for a couple of years

• Like 2

"Where is the government now?"

More like, why do we need a government anyway?

I was in a normal working meeting today with my Permanent Secretary, high level officials from other ministries etc. Work keeps going on, Still have to make progress, no change there.

Only thing the government is needed for at the moment is to pass a budget bill for the next fiscal year, and to sign pending government-to-government agreements.

Thailand could be better off without a government for a couple of years

Sounds like you got your wish.

"Next Election May Take Place '1-2 Years' From Now"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728056-next-election-may-take-place-1-2-years-from-now/