Thai passport misspelling

Hi All, my TG has just received her passport ready for my visit in 2weeks for her visa application but her first name is missing a letter at the end, she is in Phuket just now, does anyone have experience of how long it will take to come back corrected from Bangkok, assuming no changes after today's events

We assume there will be hassle with the visa application if not corrected as all supporting docs have the precise name.

Thanks

ThaiLive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lol... Applying for a visa for the mil and she's just got a new passport. They spelt her name wrong. Why? Because her ID card spelling is incorrect too... Guess it all worked out in the end :-) Hope they never ask for her birth certificate...

The spelling would be pulled from the database where they store ID card information - so if her passport matches her ID card all should be well? If not, I'd go back to the passport office and highlight the error. It may be she applies for a new passport, which is generally simple enough in Thailand.

Her Id card had correct spelling and this was the id she was asked to provide for her passport, guess they have just got it wrong, she is going back tomorrow but we need it back within 8 days so fingers crossed, does anyone know in this instance if the passport number will be changed as we cant book her visa appointment without this?

My sister in law had a similar situation when applying for a UK visit visa; English spelling of her surname different on her ID card to that in her passport.

As the Thai spellings were the same, this was not a problem.

As said, this was for the UK; may be different for whichever country your girlfriend is applying to.

Edited by 7by7

My son had his Thai passport issued from Chiang Rai. During the process I noticed his name was incorrectly spelt. I told the staff but his passport arrive still with the wrong spelling. We returned to the office and they changed the spelling. It still took another 7 days for the passport to be sent to us. I hope this helps.