Greenbook invalid

sucher

I can say that if you dont register your bike for two years then you need a green book to register it. So for those who register (pay yearly tax) without a green book if you dont pay for two years then you will need a book to pay the tax...

• Like 1

The green book becomes invalid if the tax hasn't been paid for 5 years in a row.

I bought a bike with a green book where the taxes hadn't been paid for 16 years.

No problem, go to the DMV and get a new green book and plate.

Costs 5000 baht, if the last registered owner in the green book is still alive.

7500 baht if the last registered owner has deceased.

• Like 1

The green book becomes invalid if the tax hasn't been paid for 5 years in a row.

I bought a bike with a green book where the taxes hadn't been paid for 16 years.

How many years back was that? Lots of changes recently. From what the other posts on this subject & 2 other motorcycle forums are saying it is 3 years & they crush your greenbook with the punch holes of death & you need to get emissions redone & go through the entire process of getting a new green book. As early as ayear ago you were able to get it done by paying your dues & penalties & your good to go. Bot just here The same now in the U.S. In California if you don't upkeep on a non op & DO NOT DRIVE THE BIKE(or don't get caught) you have to re do everything & in real late cases they impound your vehicle which you can buy back at the auction & do all the legal work all over again. I guess the Governments are getting pissed when everyone is trying to cheese them & they want to make a point of making examples. I stopped being irresponsible when I was 24 years old lots less problems every vehicle in my name.Doesn't make me better person but its nice for the scrub amount of 700 baht to tax & basic insurance it just does not make any sense to try to get over on the GOV. But if you don't live here & made necessary arrangements & paid the stop on the bike Or auto I am sure they would handle it differently as you tried in good faith to take care of your responsibilities.I still pay upkeep on 6 stored engines as a business from when I left California & my collectors documents even though I do not live there anymore. Thailand is just catching up to the way most countries are running their systems. From what one of the local dealers was telling me all trueAbout them getting serious. The other forums like where Tony BKK hangs at now are more informative than TV You may want to check other sites for more in detail review. But the bottom line is OP best fix the situation before it escalates into a lot of money.Why make problems for yourself. Get the book in your name.It is your bike No?

• Like 1

If you have a car or bike and don't pay the tax for a certain period. I'm not sure of the period but it's at least two years you will lose your plate and create a steaming pile of crap for yourself.

no, your green book will not go invalid. Bike is yours regardless of tax or insurance.

Totally agree, a green book is just like a birth certficate, but with more details :)

Methinks your wrong .. if you get a police ticket and don't pay it then it shows on the record and you have to pay it before being able to re tax and insure.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sucher her is a brilliant idea for you. take your bike & park it close but not at the DLT & go in with a copy of your greenbook. I made copies of all the pages just cause it is cheaper than dirt if you print it. I would have the real book on you & your passport & any other docs you need (just in case it goes through. I think if its only 2 years you may be under the wire.& just pay back tax & insurance & penalties. Have your signed documents your Immig.Residency & a copy & just go in they can't crush anything without the physical book & If they were planning on doing it you were screwed anyway before you went in.I wouldn't give them the actual book until it was a green light. I don't think they are that foolish to not know anyway they crush your greenbook ib the computer .The punch marks I think is just the Dog & Pony show part of it.

Or choice B Pay a shop that sells bikes to go down & work out the deal with the DLT. It will cost a little bit more to go that rout .A little extra T money for them to use their clout & get the deal done. The big question is why you forgot to put the bike in your name effectively making you not the owner- Bad deal.If it is an older 750 which I am sure that is the case it is your best interest to take care of it or later it will only be good as a parts bike or a chance of not paying the fine or tea money & getting your bike taken away from you. I know in our area & Sattahib they have been impounding bikes for all the usual bogus reasons.......& then you see a cop riding your bike & try telling him its yours.And if it is an older bike it probably needs to go through a 5 year safety check . So if it is 2 years on the previous owner & 2 years with you on that note you will be hating it . With multiple nghtmares in your tale you may have to do a full emisions on it to make it current.If it was my ride I would take it in yesterday & sort it out or put that bad boy on the market pronto. Did you save any paperwork on your tranaction when you bought it? you will need all the Id of the person that sold it to you & all supporting docs ....the same way we all have to do with an annual tax & ins every year.

And every now & then they do confiscate when it meets the doom criteria. A friend that is a Thai cop had a confiscated Honda150 & recently scored on a 250 CBR. I bought one of his bikes to put around the 4&1/2 rai we had & take the dogs to the beach.Hardly ever on the main road. He resold it for me when it was time to turn it.

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1

Brought the Book today to a Insurance Place a good Friend suggested.They told me that 3 Years are the magic Mark.Paid 1500 Baht and can pick it up in around 2 Weeks.Will let the Forum know how it plays out.Thanks

Sucher her is a brilliant idea for you. take your bike & park it close but not at the DLT & go in with a copy of your greenbook. I made copies of all the pages just cause it is cheaper than dirt if you print it. I would have the real book on you & your passport & any other docs you need (just in case it goes through. I think if its only 2 years you may be under the wire.& just pay back tax & insurance & penalties. Have your signed documents your Immig.Residency & a copy & just go in they can't crush anything without the physical book & If they were planning on doing it you were screwed anyway before you went in.I wouldn't give them the actual book until it was a green light. I don't think they are that foolish to not know anyway they crush your greenbook ib the computer .The punch marks I think is just the Dog & Pony show part of it.

Or choice B Pay a shop that sells bikes to go down & work out the deal with the DLT. It will cost a little bit more to go that rout .A little extra T money for them to use their clout & get the deal done. The big question is why you forgot to put the bike in your name effectively making you not the owner- Bad deal.If it is an older 750 which I am sure that is the case it is your best interest to take care of it or later it will only be good as a parts bike or a chance of not paying the fine or tea money & getting your bike taken away from you. I know in our area & Sattahib they have been impounding bikes for all the usual bogus reasons.......& then you see a cop riding your bike & try telling him its yours.And if it is an older bike it probably needs to go through a 5 year safety check . So if it is 2 years on the previous owner & 2 years with you on that note you will be hating it . With multiple nghtmares in your tale you may have to do a full emisions on it to make it current.If it was my ride I would take it in yesterday & sort it out or put that bad boy on the market pronto. Did you save any paperwork on your tranaction when you bought it? you will need all the Id of the person that sold it to you & all supporting docs ....the same way we all have to do with an annual tax & ins every year.

And every now & then they do confiscate when it meets the doom criteria. A friend that is a Thai cop had a confiscated Honda150 & recently scored on a 250 CBR. I bought one of his bikes to put around the 4&1/2 rai we had & take the dogs to the beach.Hardly ever on the main road. He resold it for me when it was time to turn it.

how did the manage to confiscate a cbr 250 ? they were only introduced in 2011 IIRC and they all have a green book ?

• Like 1

how did the manage to confiscate a cbr 250 ? they were only introduced in 2011 IIRC and they all have a green book ?

Non TIS stamped exhaust!!!

oho dear

surely some tea money and replacing the original exhaust could have been arranged ?

oho dear

surely some tea money and replacing the original exhaust could have been arranged ?

I was speculating!

The 250 was a totally different set of circumstances Owner had outstanding warrants in his home country & pulled a slick on & put an older bike plate off of a Yamaha & they pulled over the guy on a routine stop., Found he had a felony warrant. He was arrested & held for deportation back to Europe to face the music & they kept the bike due to having illegal plates. They have all kinds of reasons for confisgating vehicles & that one isn't tolerated in any country. Nice bike to a 2011 With a nice exhaust system put on, sliders on rear & front.

Brought the Book today to a Insurance Place a good Friend suggested.They told me that 3 Years are the magic Mark.Paid 1500 Baht and can pick it up in around 2 Weeks.Will let the Forum know how it plays out.Thanks

congrads . the best thing to do bow it will be in your name & legal!

Thats what most of the people that have talked about the time frame. 3 years is the time frame. Way cheaper than having to re-emission the bike to get it rebooked & pay the tax extortion money on top of it.

How many years back was that?

It is happening as we speak.