Swede leaps to death from Phuket guesthouse

webfact

How many Farangs are falling out of balcony pro year in Thailand ? Is there any statistics ?

A lot. Enough actually to drive the conspiracy chatter around these situations. If it was 1 or 2 a year then no-one would make those speculations I don't think.

Having said that, I do think a lot of them are legit suicides. Men in the West tend to shoot themselves, followed by hanging and then falling / jumping. Few do overdoses or cutting (more a female thing). It is difficult getting a firearm as a farang. Hanging is pretty tricky although there are quite a few of those in Phuket every year too. So the main way in Phuket it seems would be jumping.

What a loada <deleted>. Get real mate. Anyone with half a brain would take onboard that these so-called suicides are far too frequent to be believed as mass self-annihilation that somehow is better performed in holiday resorts like Pattaya/Phuket that has a more resonating appeal for kamikaze pilots. Lets face it. These statistics speak for themselves !!!!!!!!!

What are the exact statistics? What do they say? Having only half a brain I do find it quite challenging trying to figure out the exact truth.

I know it happens a lot. Are some homocides? I'm sure. Are they all homocides? I doubt it. Waiting for you to give a clearer indication of where the median lies.

Shouldn't they ALL be treated as a homocide by police, until proven to be a suicide????????

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely NKM. I could not agree more. In any civilised country a docket is always opened. Even for traffic accidents where it seems very clear on prima facie evidence that it was a geniune accident.

I was not dismissing the notion of homocide. But, I don't think my original argument that if men are going to commit suicide here it is going to be from jumping, is wrong because of it. I was just applying some deductive logic stemming from actual statistics from the west.

The police should investigate each case for sure. One suspicious "fact" seems to be the impulsiveness of the people commiting suicide which is also not very common. On the other hand some expats are heavy on the sauce and pretty negative - so their odds go up. (not a comment on this case)

So I don't think anyone should "jump" to conclusions either way.

Edited by Blindside