Flexible flights to UK

Hi,

I need to book us some flights to the UK, I have been looking at sites like Skyscanner to get an idea but I need the return flight to be flexible.

I don't mind booking a provisional return date but due to work I may have to change the return date at short notice. I accept I will probably have to pay a fee to change the date, right?

Can anyone advise the best way to do this, can it be done online or would I need to use an agent?

Any advice greatly appreciated, I am seriously looking at Emirates via Dubai as I would like to fly to Gatwick and as we have a young child, the halfway break might be nice.

Thanks.

I just looked at a flight online and it was Quantas/Emirates because we want to fly to Gatwick, the booking form said you have to visit the Quantas office in Bangkok with your credit card??? That's ridiculous, there's no way I am going to travel to Bangkok just to show my credit card, anyone heard of this before? Insanity. Maybe I'll have to use an agent after all?

I just looked at a flight online and it was Quantas/Emirates because we want to fly to Gatwick, the booking form said you have to visit the Quantas office in Bangkok with your credit card??? That's ridiculous, there's no way I am going to travel to Bangkok just to show my credit card, anyone heard of this before? Insanity. Maybe I'll have to use an agent after all?

If you fly often enough they won't require you to go to their office, you can just pay at the airport when you fly out.

If you fly often enough they won't require you to go to their office, you can just pay at the airport when you fly out.

I fly all the time, but never with Quantas. I just wanted to book a flight online with my credit card, I certainly have never encountered someone wanting me to go to their office to pay before. Bit of a shock.

I booked with BA to fly one way to Heathrow. 2 adults one 3yr old at the end of July. All tickets flexible with a small charge if you change dates. All booked online with a UK credit card and tickets e-mailed to me minutes later. Direct flight though, and cost 62,000bt total for 3 one way tickets, economy. Cheaper probably available but this was a good option for us with flight times etc.

• Like 1

I fly all the time, but never with Quantas. I just wanted to book a flight online with my credit card, I certainly have never encountered someone wanting me to go to their office to pay before. Bit of a shock.

In Thailand you merchants can't bill credit cards without physically seeing it otherwise they can be subject to chargebacks. Some other airlines are clever enough to check your credit cards on check in but i suspect Qantas doesn't want to risk no shows (as if people book the ticket then don't show up Qantas would have no recourse).

You need to book through a travel agent to avoid your partner having to show the card at check in.

Not sure where you are but if in CNX use P&P travel booked last minute flights with EVA to London for around 30k b

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It's OK, problem solved. Went direct to Emirates and booked online and paid with credit card. Just have to make sure I carry that card when we check in. Didn't need the flexibility as you can make changes for 2000 Baht.