Bringing a few appliances to the US

We are traveling to the US for an extended period of time and we want to take a few appliances with us, a mini rice cooker. a steam iron, and a kind of blender that can blend and cook beans, grains and other ingredients that we use to make our hot breakfast.

All are 220V and 50 Hz. I realize that the US electricity is rated differently 110-120V, 60Hz.

I am aware of the plug differences and have adapters to handle this.

What else do I need to safely adapt these 220V appliances to 120V?

I'll be using these one at a time.

Edited by vagabond48

It would have been doable except the blender needs 750W so I would need to purchase a transformer that can handle up to 1000W. They are heavy and the cost would not be worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Can I assume that my 1 year old Asus laptop that I purchased in Thailand should have no problems. The AC adapter reads AC 100 - 240V and 50 - 60 Hz.

It would have been doable except the blender needs 750W so I would need to purchase a transformer that can handle up to 1000W. They are heavy and the cost would not be worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Can I assume that my 1 year old Asus laptop that I purchased in Thailand should have no problems. The AC adapter reads AC 100 - 240V and 50 - 60 Hz.

"Can I assume that my 1 year old Asus laptop that I purchased in Thailand should have no problems. The AC adapter reads AC 100 - 240V and 50 - 60 Hz."

Yes. no problem.

a rice cooker is $10 at Walmart , an Iron $10 and a blender $20.......or a couple bucks each at a yard sale

maybe add a sandwich maker/ toaster and a toaster oven to cook pizzas and you are still less than a $100

if you want to bring anything bring the Thai spices you like , 15 baht spice packs from tesco

As said by every one else

It will probably cost you more for the transformer, than it will to replace all of them

Don't even bother with spices, plenty of Asian markets in the US with everything your wife will ever need, especially if you are near a large metropolitan area.

AC Travel Transformer Charger Converter 220V-240V to 110V-120V US;UK;EU;AU Plugs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Travel-Transformer-Charger-Converter-220V-240V-to-110V-120V-US-UK-EU-AU-Plugs-/110754892289

Personally I wouldn't bother.Go to the nearest Walmart and buy the cheapest appliance. When you leave give it to a charity.

That's no use to the OP, it steps down from 240v to 110 not up from 110 to 240. facepalm.gif