When to just let it go when a Thai tries to make you look stupid

happysanook

You are not cleared? You said " talking loudly at you about a girlfriend of mines? " You give me the impression although you have lived here for a number of years that aside from the guy talking directly at you? you have no idea what he is talking about? but yet you say he is talking about a girlfriend of yours? I'm confused? do you mean your girlfriend is with you and talking about her? If so, why don't you ask her what he is saying if she is Thai?

In the number of years I have lived here regardless of how you feel negative about Thai men they do not do just do this out of the blue? There is much more to this story than you are giving unless you are just not expressing yourself correctly. Once you find out then you should know what to do? and unless you have one foot in the grave you not need worry about finding yourself in the ditch.even if this is Thailand.

Edited by thailand49

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd smile right at him. i'd give him a little sign, possibly one suggesting he wasnt the most impressively endowed male.

i'd make sure he was the only one who saw the sign so he didnt lose face but knew i was onto him and i wasnt bothered.

in such situations i think to myself; look at your sh*tty little life and look at my life. who would i rather be?

I'd look at him, and the arrogant farang comparing lives that way, and think the Thai man had a better excuse for not knowing better.

Considering that OP has no clue what was said, which OP confirmed, what is the point of this thread?blink.png

OP had an unpleasant experience and wishes to share it. You need not know a language to sense hostility or aggression.

What is the point of posts that ask 'what is the point?' If you cannot find a point in a thread, what is the point on commenting?

Would it not be best, and within theespirit of the forum- for- all philosophy, instead of trying to diminish the OP, to simply refrain from comment?

"What is the point of posts that ask 'what is the point?' If you cannot find a point in a thread, what is the point on commenting?

Would it not be best, and within theespirit of the forum- for- all philosophy, instead of trying to diminish the OP, to simply refrain from comment?"

Could be a good idea to print this on TV forums home pagebiggrin.png

NO! ... Sorry it was only a suggestion sad.png

i'd smile right at him. i'd give him a little sign, possibly one suggesting he wasnt the most impressively endowed male.

i'd make sure he was the only one who saw the sign so he didnt lose face but knew i was onto him and i wasnt bothered.

in such situations i think to myself; look at your sh*tty little life and look at my life. who would i rather be?

I'd look at him, and try not to compare lives to see 'who wins' and remember that it would be arrogant and delusional to look at the world that way.

Take the high road smile and move on. something like that happened to me in Pattaya A Mauy Thai boxer in a ring in the bar said something about my Mom who passed away a few years before. I walked in to bar up to his trainer and asked If I may get in ring with his fighter. He said yes I get in ring And bowed to him as is expected. Then put my size 13 in his face knocking him out cold. Went to the ropes stepped out of ring bowed to his trainer and told him when he wakes up tell him he owes me the cost of a massage And I will be back to collect. And walked out of bar. Manager was shocked but told him 7th degree black belt in Kung <deleted>.

Wow. I forgot that a person could be that delusional and cliche, are you American? Ha, just wow.

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 1

If you suspect someone has insulted you at a market, here's what you do: be quiet, stop trying to impress anyone there, especially with things like how you can speak a little Thai, comparing status' in your mind in a desperate attempt to feel important (because whether you say it out loud or not, people can sense when you think that way), and to understand why that guy might actually find you to be annoying.

Edited by John1thru10

I'm missing out I guess. No one says anything to me or about me.

But then again, this is a thread populated by people who think the world revolved around them. Wearing tin foil hats.

But then again, this is a thread populated by people who think the world revolved around them. Wearing tin foil hats.

strange that, i had long pegged you as having impaired senses. as if living with a paper bag over you head.

ever seen or heard a thai ragging a wretched beggar?

• Like 1

It's best to catch loudmouths off guard with a simple question like: "tummai marayat baeb nee? krai sorn?"

It's extremely humiliating but it shuts them up and focuses the attention of bystanders onto his poor manners and upbringing.

That question boils down to: "Did your parents not teach you manners?" ... The implication here is that he's a thug from a low-class family.

That would be, "Why are your manners like this. Who taught?".

The correct phrase to include the parents element would be, Por, mare, mai sorn marayat rhuu ngai khrub? (Didn't your mum and dad teach you any manners?).

I would definitely not say either of these things to a Thai, unless you want your head kicked in.

"I satoon mair ben hia reu-plow?" seems to have a calming effect also! LOL

Edited by ATF

strange that, i had long pegged you as having impaired senses. as if living with a paper bag over you head.

No need for paper bag. I am hansum man.

As for your last question, no. Total silence and ignoring is more the go here.

No need for paper bag. I am hansum man.

As for your last question, no. Total silence and ignoring is more the go here.

exactly

edit:observation could also be from a (written) language barrier.

Edited by marylin manson

A lot of you blokes must spend a lot of time looking for people to insult you. Even without headphones on I can hardly think of a moment in the last 10 years where a local has had a shot at me...even though, according to TV forum Thais are going off at farangs every day

• Like 1

One thing I have learned over the years, you will be judged not only by the way you dress, talk, act and speak, but also by the company you keep.

... and the food u eat, the brand of beer u drink, the type of wallet u have, etc.

who cares, ignore these often ignorant little people, stay "cool at heart" and give them the "u little piece of sh*t-look/smile" which they know/understand very well.

Gee one more thread attempting to deal with the problem of farang loss of face.

Amazing how the farang who are in a perpetual snip worrying about how foolish they appear to amused onlookers, are the same people who seem to think loss of face is a Thai or Asian problem. Keep in mind when you throw a tantrum in public this is what you look like. If you set yourself up as a pompous twit, they'll definitely enjoy watching you go red in the face and start squealing.

crying_baby_thumb.jpg Do you know who I am? I'm a farang! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

So says someone called Suradit, who claims to not feel like a crying white farang.

• Like 1

When I don't like a Thai I might "s' was day" him (hello in khmer) or pretend to run him over if his in my way.

And I have no idea of what some say about getting beating by a Thai. They are not into confrontation at all, much less with anyone bigger then them.

Anyway, I feel much less bullying attitude here then in the west. I do find most Thais to be nice people.

• Like 1

A lot of you blokes must spend a lot of time looking for people to insult you. Even without headphones on I can hardly think of a moment in the last 10 years where a local has had a shot at me...even though, according to TV forum Thais are going off at farangs every day

Perhaps it's because you never learned Thai, past Mak Maak and Jing Jing.

• Like 2

You must try to understand from a Thai man's point of view. You come to their country, take their best looking women, build big houses, produce white, beautiful children, don't do a day's work, have lots of money that you throw like confetti, and basiclly lord it up. If another race (?) did that in England, I too would swear at them a little every now and then. Maybe.

You come to their country, take their best looking women...

That seems far from the case, considering what I see many Farang men parading around with.

Yeah, I have to agree. To add, they think the dark ones are ugly and they tend to be the ones farrangs seem to like more.

• Like 1

You must try to understand from a Thai man's point of view. You come to their country, take their best looking women, build big houses, produce white, beautiful children, don't do a day's work, have lots of money that you throw like confetti, and basiclly lord it up. If another race (?) did that in England, I too would swear at them a little every now and then. Maybe.

I'm not sure "take their best looking women" is accurate, at least not in the entertainment areas.

They are more often previously married to Thai men, with a baby or 2 in tow.

These are the ones the Thai men reject...

Of topic, but I know where you are coming from and I do agree with all your other points.

If the Thai men came to our home country and did what at lot of guys here do, I don't we would take it as well.

Perhaps, I am not soft, paranoid with no self esteem

Big man alert.

Jing jing.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Big man alert.

Jing jing.

coffee1.gif

Now you're learning

Many years ago I came out of the Tahitian Queen go go bar on Pattaya Beach Road and got on my rented motorbike parked outside when a middle aged Thai guy at the shop next door started pointing and laughing at me very loudly, and not in a nice way. I looked down at myself to see if there was something wrong with my attire but all seemed normal. He then started speaking to the female staff hanging around outside the TQ and they all started laughing too. I was totally dumbfounded as to what I'd done to create such an outburst of amusement so asked what was so funny. The guy then said "not your bike" I replied that it was my bike and he replied "not your bike, that your bike" and pointed to another Suzuki Chrystal parked nearby in the same colour and from the same renter. I now doubted myself but remembered that my keys had a number on the tag and the bike had a number too, I checked and the numbers were the same. I then beckoned one of the girls over, showed her the number on my keys and pointed to the number on my bike and proceeded to laugh in the exact same stupid manner the guy had. The girl started laughing and told her friends who all started laughing too. The look on the guys face was priceless. I then said to the girl "I think he mao" which she also laughed at, with that this guy who was twenty years older than me, six inches shorter and two thirds my body weight came storming over all red in the face shouting "what you say". I knew how this could turn out so just said "nothing", started my bike up and rode off. Later on that night I rode past slowly to see if my friends bike was parked outside the TQ and this guy comes running out his shop at me, I laughed at him and rode off giving him a little wave bye bye.

Many years ago I came out of the Tahitian Queen go go bar on Pattaya Beach Road and got on my rented motorbike parked outside when a middle aged Thai guy at the shop next door started pointing and laughing at me very loudly, and not in a nice way. I looked down at myself to see if there was something wrong with my attire but all seemed normal. He then started speaking to the female staff hanging around outside the TQ and they all started laughing too. I was totally dumbfounded as to what I'd done to create such an outburst of amusement so asked what was so funny. The guy then said "not your bike" I replied that it was my bike and he replied "not your bike, that your bike" and pointed to another Suzuki Chrystal parked nearby in the same colour and from the same renter. I now doubted myself but remembered that my keys had a number on the tag and the bike had a number too, I checked and the numbers were the same. I then beckoned one of the girls over, showed her the number on my keys and pointed to the number on my bike and proceeded to laugh in the exact same stupid manner the guy had. The girl started laughing and told her friends who all started laughing too. The look on the guys face was priceless. I then said to the girl "I think he mao" which she also laughed at, with that this guy who was twenty years older than me, six inches shorter and two thirds my body weight came storming over all red in the face shouting "what you say". I knew how this could turn out so just said "nothing", started my bike up and rode off. Later on that night I rode past slowly to see if my friends bike was parked outside the TQ and this guy comes running out his shop at me, I laughed at him and rode off giving him a little wave bye bye.

Oh there's nothing they love more than laughing at the stupidy of a farang.

Unfortunately many only think that your actions are stupid because they are so stupid.

When the reality of the situation is revealed, expect the reation that one would get if you poked a Chimp in the eye with a stick.

:(