best dog breed?

Golden Retriever, especially if you live anywhere near a body of water. An absolutely wonderful breed, with the lab nor far behind.

Fully agree, though may be obvious from our avatars. biggrin.png

smile.pngAmazing breeds.

My all time favourite dog is the English Bull Terrier,quite a few years

ago i bought one here, massive mistake,it was from a puppy farm,

was in the process of walking away,but i really wanted one again,

had a couple back in the UK ,great dogs.

This Thai bread one ,had a multitude of problems,feet,had mental

problems,was never away from the vets, it died when it was just

a year old,outside the vets we had just taken it to.promised myself

would never buy another dog, anyway these Thai dogs bear no

resemblance to real bull terriers, small heads,more like miniature

Bull Terriers

regards worgeordie

Pit bull, the dog they banned in the UK , yes very suitable for MrMrs council estate and totally unsuitable for children.

get a soi dog pup young and train it better, although way too many soi dogs an no one really takes care of them

I have seen many farangs here with pit bulls. Sometimes they leave them to run on their property and when walking passed the dogs charge at the gate to you, showing teeth, growling fiercely and appear ready to tear your head off if they get out. Quite frightening. I have also seen farangs walking with these pit bulls on leads and everyone gives them a wide berth.

In England pit bulls were the status symbols of the thugs, council estate and trailer park trash type people. All pit bulls should either be put down or sterilised until the breed is put out of existence.

There are hundreds of suitable breed dogs to suit all tastes, and absolutely no need for anyone to own a pit bull.

sorry BJ usually your posts are quiet constructive but this one is boll$$cks.it is not the breed it is the owner who makes a pit bull a dangerous weapon.with our one i even let kids with them around they would protect the kids till end.

• Like 2

Studies HAVE proven that the Dachshund may be the most AGGRESSIVE, closely follow by the Chihuahua.

cheesy.gif Had to laugh. My wife took her Chihuahua to the vets to get a wound dressed and it took 3 people to hold him, sort of down, while the fourth did the actual work.whistling.gif He weighs in at an impressive 2.2 kgs.

There are two Thai breeds i think Thai ridgeback and one beginning with M

Otherwise it is a question of personal preference as they are all , well, dogs...

Not a Husky, Poor bastards all that fur in this heat!

Edited by VocalNeal

Bull Terriers

regards worgeordie

have a look to BKK bullterrier club.i got my one from them 3 years no problem just an amazing lovely dog.

Pit bull, the dog they banned in the UK , yes very suitable for MrMrs council estate and totally unsuitable for children.

get a soi dog pup young and train it better, although way too many soi dogs an no one really takes care of them

I have seen many farangs here with pit bulls. Sometimes they leave them to run on their property and when walking passed the dogs charge at the gate to you, showing teeth, growling fiercely and appear ready to tear your head off if they get out. Quite frightening. I have also seen farangs walking with these pit bulls on leads and everyone gives them a wide berth.

In England pit bulls were the status symbols of the thugs, council estate and trailer park trash type people. All pit bulls should either be put down or sterilised until the breed is put out of existence.

There are hundreds of suitable breed dogs to suit all tastes, and absolutely no need for anyone to own a pit bull.

sorry BJ usually your posts are quiet constructive but this one is boll$$cks.it is not the breed it is the owner who makes a pit bull a dangerous weapon.with our one i even let kids with them around they would protect the kids till end.

http://en.wikipedia....eported_in_2014

50% fatal dog attacks in the USA involve pit bulls. It can't all be the owners. 350 different breeds and 50% of the fatal dog attacks are pit bulls.

50% fatal dog attacks in the USA involve pit bulls. It can't all be the owners. 350 different breeds and 50% of the fatal dog attacks are pit bulls.

yes but dachshund or a chihuahua have not the power to kill but they are statistically more dangerous due to the amounts of bites they inflict on people ...it's like saying it's alright to bully if you are small ,,,,but if you are big is not acceptable

I was going to reply but I`m more concerned about the military coup.

I think breeds of dogs are the least of our worries for the moment. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

• Like 1

yes but dachshund or a chihuahua have not the power to kill but they are statistically more dangerous due to the amounts of bites they inflict on people ...it's like saying it's alright to bully if you are small ,,,,but if you are big is not acceptable

You aren't serious are you? Of the 96 medium breeds of dogs only one, pit bulls are responsible for 52% of the Human fatalities in the USA. Look at the link I posted pit bulls have killed almost 100 people in the last ten years in America. 100 people are not all dead because of bad owners.

I feel the same way about pit bulls as I do about soi dogs. Neuter them and don't let them breed.

• Like 1

I am back to this topic after watching my 2 beautiful Thai soi dogs confronting a big black snake on my driveway...unfortunately...when I got my camera the snake was hidden fast for its life....and not posing. They are amazing dogs! Smarts, funny, sweet, protective, very obedient, very healthy, brave hunters, and they know boundaries......They do not mess with my small cat!!

post-183983-0-36850000-1400976595_thumb.

• Like 1

Haha, just see your post re the retrievers,, I'd fully agree with you both,,, but different situations vary, and the wife won't allow ours to stay indoors even prior to getting the tics,, maybe time to show her who's really boss ,,, hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

the wife wont let the dog indoors that's not on at all,so next time you leave the house kiss the dog and pat the wife on the head then call the dog boss.

to the op.looking after a dog here is a 24/7 job,make sure you go for one suitable for the environment,go to your local temple also and see what they have.

we have a double coated dog[husky] he stays indoors most of the day and sleeps with us in an air cond.room he has a comfortable life as we are with him 24hrs a day.they cannot live outdoors in this heat and they should never have been allowed to breed.but T.I.T.

• 5 months later...

In my experience most dogs reflect their owners. People who own potentially dangerous and vicious dogs such as Pit bulls tend to be like that themselves.

I love my Miniature Pinscher; she is remarkably smart, loyal and protective.... Having had many dogs of all sizes before, I've found her to be perfect for my life here. She isn't yappy, but is a good little guard dog, with "full body " barks, and she would surely die to defend our family. She just doesn't know that she is tiny! And I'm not going to be the one to tell her and shatter her Doberman illusions... ?

She does, however, love comfort more than any other dog I have ever had the pleasure to know. She loves a nice cushion to sit on - even on top of the sofa. I think there may be a princess and the pea thing going on here... Lol.

post-65768-0-89080400-1415058929_thumb.j

I love my Miniature Pinscher; she is remarkably smart, loyal and protective.... Having had many dogs of all sizes before, I've found her to be perfect for my life here. She isn't yappy, but is a good little guard dog, with "full body " barks, and she would surely die to defend our family. She just doesn't know that she is tiny! And I'm not going to be the one to tell her and shatter her Doberman illusions... ?

She does, however, love comfort more than any other dog I have ever had the pleasure to know. She loves a nice cushion to sit on - even on top of the sofa. I think there may be a princess and the pea thing going on here... Lol.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

my neighbour has one and i have more or less looked after him for nearly 5yrs.although he is 12yrs.old he is not frightened of any body.we were very protective of him when we had our beloved but as he was here first they did bond together, he his is best freind and the only dog he will let near our gate.every evening 5pm.our boy waits for him as they have their dinner together and their evening walk,only problem because of his age he only has a short walk.i think if we had not had our boy[avatar] i would have kept him here with us,because most nights he doesnt want to go home.as above you descibe yours exactly the same as our adopted lovable,loyal,protective little man.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bull Terriers

regards worgeordie

I second that, Bull Terriers are awesome. they can obviously be problems if not trained properly.

with that being said, I have owned 3 different ones and still have one that I imported from Canada.

he is very non confrontational, never attacked another dog or anyone but he does chase the smaller ones or cats, never bites them tho

comes from being a Terrier.

I live near a temple that has a bunch of aggressive soi dogs and they always try to bully him

every time he seems more concerned about me telling him to come on than them

a few days ago, I had forgotten the front door open. some thai local came to inform me my dog was roaming freely for like an hour playing with 5 random dogs that generally are nuisance here

he does overheat quite quickly, being overly muscular dogs.

I am not very interested in small breeds of dogs, cannot run with them all that much.. and the bigger ones well it's about the opposite.

so I am happy with my clown

post-180179-0-86475800-1416995649_thumb.

post-180179-0-35950200-1416995665_thumb.

post-180179-0-72991800-1416995694_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...