Thai army chief announces military coup

webfact

How is the democracy loving Kerry words on Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc?; total f***ing hypocrites should mind their own business.

If they have any brains they should realize Thai military are one of the few places they could find friendship in a region increasingly dominated by the Chinese.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It is an intriguing thought that a country that puts itself outside one superpower's sphere of influence might find itself been drawn into that of another. And yet I cannot see that the Thai royalists would find it easy to preserve the feudal order if Beijng were calling the shots.

Edited by citizen33

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 reports from coup makers since 16:30 until now at 1:30 - latest one summoned all Shinawatra and Wongsawat families to see Junta leaders

One can be assured this is were the Shinawatra family trait kicks in.

Run as fast as you can overseas.

Well done General… I bet he summonsed them because he knows only too well the Shin trait of fleeing.

How is the democracy loving Kerry words on Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc?; total f***ing hypocrites should mind their own business.

If they have any brains they should realize Thai military are one of the few places they could find friendship in a region increasingly dominated by the Chinese.

It is an intriguing thought that a country that puts itself outside one superpower's sphere of influence might find itself been drawn into that of another. And yet I cannot see that the Thai royalists would find it easy to preserve the feudal order if Beijng were calling the shots.

China don't care about your constitution just your money - there would be no such problem.

Just some friendly advice for our "red" forum posters…I would truly hate to see Thai Visa Forum or you to be in trouble.

The coup makers issued the 12th announcement around midnight, asking for “cooperation” from the online social media operators not to disseminate “provocative,” “information inciting unrest,” and “anti-junta” messages. If such information is to be found, the National Peace and Order Maintenance Council (NPOMC) will cease all operations and prosecute those who violate the order.

http://prachatai.com/english/node/3988?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+prachataienglish+%28Prachatai+in+English%29

With that said…Well done General Prayuth. You are the savor of Thailand.

Thank you for the lives you have saved and I pray the "3rd hand" respects that you are trying to rebuild all 15 principles of democracy.

<EDIT> Bangkok Post has removed the comments section for all articles. No more comments allowed.

Hope this is not a sign of things to come here.

Behave red supporters so we can enjoy this forum...

Edited by djjamie

Aljazeera are reporting that Prayuth has appointed himself as the new Prime Minister.

I can't find this on Al Jazeera . . . link please?

I just watched CNN International online live news streaming on my pc, broadcast 01:30 Thai time, and the CNN reporter in Bangkok up on a rooftop said Prayuth has named himself interim prime minister.

CNN said Yingluck and "two relatives" of Thaksin are being directed by the coup rulers to report to them today.

No reports on CNN of the whereabouts of Yingluck, relatives, which ministers of the deposed government are being seized..

The report said nothing of who would sit as a ruling council to succeed the Cabinet

After the news report I went to the CNN website but the broadcast report of Prayuth naming himself PM on the live broadcast news is not yet posted in writing there. I certainly didn't see it.

CNN said the Pentagon is reviewing its relationship with the Thai military and all programs of aid and assistance.

There is also the following statement by CNN:

CNN TV has been taken off air in Thailand. The people of Thailand deserve to know what is happening in their own country, and CNN is committed to telling them. Follow our updates on Facebook and Twitter, and share your updates from Thailand via CNN iReport.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/21/world/asia/thailand-crisis-up-to-speed/

CNN International just began a in-studio based special report on the Thailand coup, beginning showing soldiers arriving at Charlerm's estate earlier today.

• Like 1

Beijing couldn't give a 3825 about monarchy. The Chinese premier is quite simply the emperor in red and the politburo is his court. They'll treat with anybody if it suits them.

Edited by Trembly

Just some friendly advice for our "red" forum postersI would truly hate to see Thai Visa Forum or you to be in trouble.

The coup makers issued the 12th announcement around midnight, asking for cooperation from the online social media operators not to disseminate provocative, information inciting unrest, and anti-junta messages. If such information is to be found, the National Peace and Order Maintenance Council (NPOMC) will cease all operations and prosecute those who violate the order.

http://prachatai.com/english/node/3988?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+prachataienglish+%28Prachatai+in+English%29

With that saidWell done General Prayuth. You are the savor of Thailand.

Thank you for the lives you have saved and I pray the "3rd hand" respects that you are trying to rebuild all 15 principles of democracy.

<EDIT> Bangkok Post has removed the comments section for all articles. No more comments allowed.

Hehe. Save your breath. It will be interesting to watch you and your ilk getting what you so deservedly have coming for you.

Edited by Mrgk

Just some friendly advice for our "red" forum posters…I would truly hate to see Thai Visa Forum or you to be in trouble.

The coup makers issued the 12th announcement around midnight, asking for “cooperation” from the online social media operators not to disseminate “provocative,” “information inciting unrest,” and “anti-junta” messages. If such information is to be found, the National Peace and Order Maintenance Council (NPOMC) will cease all operations and prosecute those who violate the order.

Thanks for your concern towards the red forum posters, djjamie, but I think there's no need ! :)

Most people on Thai Visa use a username that is not connected to their real name. And very few people use an actual photo of themselves here.

Anyway, I don't think the 'junta' wants to seek out and remove the pro-red people. I mean, when Yingluk was in charge, there was no attempt to seek out and remove foreigners who were pro-yellow. So why would the junta go and remove foreigners who are pro-red ? After all, General Prayuth is one of the good guys.

As for taking down Thai Visa, I doubt it ! These guys believe in freedom of speech, closing down a website used by a load of foreigners is not going to affect the Thais. And it will make Thailand look bad to the outside world, something that they don't want to do. :)

• Like 1

Just some friendly advice for our "red" forum postersI would truly hate to see Thai Visa Forum or you to be in trouble.

The coup makers issued the 12th announcement around midnight, asking for cooperation from the online social media operators not to disseminate provocative, information inciting unrest, and anti-junta messages. If such information is to be found, the National Peace and Order Maintenance Council (NPOMC) will cease all operations and prosecute those who violate the order.

With that saidWell done General Prayuth. You are the savor of Thailand.

Hehe. Save your breath. It will be interesting to watch you and your ilk getting what you so deservedly have coming for you. Disgusting scum.

Thank you for not mentioning the General. I appreciate it.

Thanks for your concern towards the red forum posters, djjamie, but I think there's no need ! smile.png

Most people on Thai Visa use a username that is not connected to their real name. And very few people use an actual photo of themselves here.

Anyway, I don't think the 'junta' wants to seek out and remove the pro-red people. I mean, when Yingluk was in charge, there was no attempt to seek out and remove foreigners who were pro-yellow. So why would the junta go and remove foreigners who are pro-red ? After all, General Prayuth is one of the good guys.

As for taking down Thai Visa, I doubt it ! These guys believe in freedom of speech, closing down a website used by a load of foreigners is not going to affect the Thais. And it will make Thailand look bad to the outside world, something that they don't want to do. smile.png

Better tell Bangkok Post that then!!!

The General made it very very clear.

No exceptions. Bangkok post understand. I hope you do to.

How is the democracy loving Kerry words on Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc?; total f***ing hypocrites should mind their own business.If they have any brains they should realize Thai military are one of the few places they could find friendship in a region increasingly dominated by the Chinese.

I didn't mean the Thais would run and subjugate themselves to the Chinese. What I meant was the it's the Yankees that would be smart to be building bridges and friendships in this regions rather than burning them. But then the Yankee imperialists have been on tacky love trying to get him to pull strings to enforce intellectual property rights, sign trade deals and sell out the country to the western corporations all along; now they are pissed that the military scuppers their plans and are stamping their feet a little rolling out these tired old democracy balls now it suits their purpose, while they keep quiet about other worse countries abuses, like Saudi etc and actitively support terrorists in Syria and Libya etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for your concern towards the red forum posters, djjamie, but I think there's no need ! :)

As for taking down Thai Visa, I doubt it ! These guys believe in freedom of speech, closing down a website used by a load of foreigners is not going to affect the Thais. And it will make Thailand look bad to the outside world, something that they don't want to do. :)

The reds did try to kick out that Indian biz man / head of the chamber of commerce remember.

IP address can be traced on line to find location of posters. That's how they catch the leste majeste offenders who posting their insults under fake names. But I doubt the general will target foreigners but if some posters cross lines it could be a risk; lucky for the worst one the TV moderators remove offending posts pretty quick.

It's sad.

But the idea of Suthep being held in detention makes it all worth while.

smile.png

And no, I'm not a Shin fan.

its probably a detetion in relative luxury ,i doubt hes naked on a overcrowded concrete floor with cockroaches and rats for company and being woken up every 60 min for a role call like normal jails do every night

hopefully hes being waterboarded to give up the identities of the violent PDRC guards he employed to dish out beatingsto so many but that doesnt happen to thailands elite ..........

If you read the tweets the lot of them from all sides have been detained together. Khun Generak Prayuth's comments were something like that they can live together for a while and learn to behave and like each other. They will be in very good accommodation. Jeez I would love to be one of the workers for the next week taking them food etc. as I would be laughing at all of them and taking the p!ss...

Well done again General Prayuth. But you have your work cut out teaching this lot even basic good manners and morals and the very basic principles of democracy.

When I say red above I refer to PTP and the 50 years resident Indian who had worked with previous governments and increased trade for Thai economy of some many billions of dollars value. His "crime" was to speak on a pdrc rally stage about economic impacts and biz environments.

Thanks for your concern towards the red forum posters, djjamie, but I think there's no need ! smile.png

As for taking down Thai Visa, I doubt it ! These guys believe in freedom of speech, closing down a website used by a load of foreigners is not going to affect the Thais. And it will make Thailand look bad to the outside world, something that they don't want to do. smile.png

The reds did try to kick out that Indian biz man / head of the chamber of commerce remember.

IP address can be traced on line to find location of posters. That's how they catch the leste majeste offenders who posting their insults under fake names. But I doubt the general will target foreigners but if some posters cross lines it could be a risk; lucky for the worst one the TV moderators remove offending posts pretty quick.

As much as the reds demonize me and denounce me and belittle me I am not like them. I would hate to see them arrested and deported. That aside though, it is TVF I worry about. A site I enjoy reading and commenting on. A site that allows people to get valid and valuable information on whats happening in Thailand.

I do not want certain people to spoil that for me and I don't want to see TVF go down because of certain supporters that cannot make a single post without adhering to a red shirt demonizing trait and most importantly breaking the current framework that is in place.

As much as the reds demonize me and denounce me and belittle me I am not like them. I would hate to see them arrested and deported. That aside though, it is TVF I worry about. A site I enjoy reading and commenting on. A site that allows people to get valid and valuable information on whats happening in Thailand.

I do not want certain people to spoil that for me and I don't want to see TVF go down because of certain supporters that cannot make a single post without adhering to a red shirt demonizing trait and most importantly breaking the current framework that is in place.

Please, you are tempting me here. And there is no need to "demonize" you - you have done a fine job all by yourself at showing what hides behind the mask.

Edited by Mrgk
  • Like 2

It's sad.

But the idea of Suthep being held in detention makes it all worth while.

smile.png

And no, I'm not a Shin fan.

its probably a detetion in relative luxury ,i doubt hes naked on a overcrowded concrete floor with cockroaches and rats for company and being woken up every 60 min for a role call like normal jails do every night

hopefully hes being waterboarded to give up the identities of the violent PDRC guards he employed to dish out beatingsto so many but that doesnt happen to thailands elite ..........

If you read the tweets the lot of them from all sides have been detained together. Khun Generak Prayuth's comments were something like that they can live together for a while and learn to behave and like each other. They will be in very good accommodation. Jeez I would love to be one of the workers for the next week taking them food etc. as I would be laughing at all of them and taking the p!ss...

Well done again General Prayuth. But you have your work cut out teaching this lot even basic good manners and morals and the very basic principles of democracy.

You need to change your signature.

"The Thai Bed Time book of Fables

Chapter 1: There will be a coup very soon

Chapter 2: The Army runs the country

Chapter 3: There will be a coup soon

Chapter 4: Thailand is a western democracy

Chapter 5: There will be a coup"

Aren´t you ashamed of lying so much?

Edited by Mrgk

Please, you are tempting me here. And there is no need to "demonize" you - you have done a fine job all by yourself at showing what hides behind the mask.

Thank you again for not mentioning the General...

I do appreciate TVF and I appreciate your understanding of the current framework we all have to abide by.

Edited by djjamie

djjamie, if the pro-yellows were to stop cheering on this coup, well, this might reduce the number of pro-reds making THEIR comments here !

We've had the coup, the general, supposedly, is not pro-yellow. But the pro-yellows want to come here and have a good laugh because the yellow party are now back in power due to this coup. Well, the pro-reds might not like this childish behaviour, so why not be childish and write a few things to close down this website ?

Oh well, back in the good old days, pro-reds and pro-yellows were allowed to come here, write their stuff, and there were no problems. :)

Thank you again for not mentioning the General...

I do appreciate TVF and I appreciate your understanding of the current framework we all have to abide by.

Heh. Like I said, the good General does what the good General does. But what goes around comes around. I am a big believer in reciprocity, and those that live by the coup, well...

Thank you for not demonizing me in your last post.

Heh. Like I said, the good General does what the good General does. But what goes around comes around. I am a big believer in reciprocity, and those that live by the coup, well...

Kind of pointless, I already made my views regarding you and your ilk perfectly clear. Or so I thought, at least. I can clarify further should you so desire.

My view on yellows is in short: "what goes around, comes around". Those who are willing to stick guns in the faces of others to seize power, time and time again, should then not whine when they subsequently have violence done to themselves in turn.

This is perhaps the least attractive quality of the Thai yellow - the combination of indignant demands for the rules to be followed to the last letter (even some letters that were previously unknown), with the joyous embrace of violent and blatant cheating.

There have certainly been much more violent and murderous thugs who have walked this earth, but the Thai yellows (their farang supporters, in particular) are certainly in the running for being the most repulsive.

Thank you again for not demonizing me and for following my guidance not to breaking the Generals commandments.

Like I said I love TVF and I don't want it spoilt.

Cheers and have a safe night.

Kind of pointless, I already made my views regarding you and your ilk perfectly clear. Or so I thought, at least. I can clarify further should you so desire.

My view on yellows is in short: "what goes around, comes around". Those who are willing to stick guns in the faces of others to seize power, time and time again, should then not whine when they subsequently have violence done to themselves in turn.

This is perhaps the least attractive quality of the Thai yellow - the combination of indignant demands for the rules to be followed to the last letter (even some letters that were previously unknown), with the joyous embrace of violent and blatant cheating.

There have certainly been much more violent and murderous thugs who have walked this earth, but the Thai yellows (their farang supporters, in particular) are certainly in the running for being the most repulsive.

Thank you again for not demonizing me and for following my guidance not to breaking the Generals commandments.

Like I said I love TVF and I don't want it spoilt.

Cheers and have a safe night.

Ooh you're a very witty one aren't you.

• Like 1

djjamie, if the pro-yellows were to stop cheering on this coup, well, this might reduce the number of pro-reds making THEIR comments here !

We've had the coup, the general, supposedly, is not pro-yellow. But the pro-yellows want to come here and have a good laugh because the yellow party are now back in power due to this coup. Well, the pro-reds might not like this childish behaviour, so why not be childish and write a few things to close down this website ?

Oh well, back in the good old days, pro-reds and pro-yellows were allowed to come here, write their stuff, and there were no problems. smile.png

Ok, so it is my fault that you are commenting..

That is PTP trait right there. Blame someone else for what you have done...

Well done on highlighting why the PTP are no longer in power.

• Like 2

Oh well, back in the good old days, pro-reds and pro-yellows were allowed to come here, write their stuff, and there were no problems. smile.png

djjamie, do you reckon it's okay for a load of pro-yellows to turn up here, and have a good laugh about this coup, BUT it's not okay for a load of pro-reds to write negative stuff about the coup ? :)

Are you laughing about this coup, because, because the yellows are back in power ? :)

Do you accept that during the good old days, there was no way that this website would be closed down, BUT, from now onwards, it might be ? Is this a good thing ? :)

• Like 1

djjamie, do you reckon it's okay for a load of pro-yellows to turn up here, and have a good laugh about this coup, BUT it's not okay for a load of pro-reds to write negative stuff about the coup ? smile.png

Are you laughing about this coup, because, because the yellows are back in power ? smile.png

Do you accept that during the good old days, there was no way that this website would be closed down, BUT, from now onwards, it might be ? Is this a good thing ? smile.png

No. I only stated I did not want red shirts to shut down a great forum as TVF with comments about the general and his excellent and already proven approach in stopping the deaths in Thailand.

Have a safe day today my friend and take care.

Edited by djjamie

Seems like curfew announced. 10 pm till 5 am

By who's authority?

My neighbors just put a sign... loosely translated..."this house does not recognize illegal military authority"

Hope this catches on! He can then go and Arrest the entire country !

Unfortunately you are right; he CAN arrest the entire country.

Stalin, Linen, Khrushchev, Mao, Kim you Ill, Kim young Un, Mugabe...the lost of arresting leaders is long and glorious. You think someone will help you but the liberals don't allow that. Once arrested in a military, fascist, megalomaniac empowered, or "other country," ... you are well and truly arrested.

I have been listening to people slag off on America, Germany, England and Australia, complain about everything from tax to tits but when the army marches in, you regret you are not in a democracy.

Well, you choose Thailand for the wonders. Now, wonder how you are going to escape it.

Because arrest is only the start of your concerns. What about when he freezes all assets? Takes back all contracts? Military men can and do do all those things.

And yes...They always have an excuse. There is always an excuse. What's yours?

Democracy fanatics; would you support the murder of all persons with a name beginning in S if a simple majority had voted for it?

Or the confiscation of all non Thai citizen bank account holders funds for distribution to the rice farmers?

The second example is akin to how many tax payers feel about thier taxes getting used by shin to buy the northern rural (non tax payers) votes.

Democracy fanatics; would you support the murder of all persons with a name beginning in S if a simple majority had voted for it?

Or the confiscation of all non Thai citizen bank account holders funds for distribution to the rice farmers?

The second example is akin to how many tax payers feel about thier taxes getting used by shin to buy the northern rural (non tax payers) votes.

1.) No. And once anyone votes to murder some portion of the population, that demos obviously no longer exists, so the issue is moot.

2.) I would not support such a move, but I would consider a military coup in response to constitute criminal usurpation.