Night time curfew...

"Is there a 24 hours counselling helpline for people effected by not having television"

Counseling. Affected.

If you have time to spare for this sort of thing, want me to book an appointment with Big C for you?

OOPS!

Sorry!

offtopic.gif

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in Lamai last night. Plenty of fun after 10 pm along the Beach Road. The souvenir shops started to shut after 10 pm. There was no Saturday night lady Thai boxing but the bars around the ring were still going strong. About half the street vendors that are by that area were selling food. I walked through about 10.30 pm.

One of the staff at the Curry Pot invited me in for an Indian tea. I'm a regular customer. The band was still playing at the Shamrock. About two thirds of the restaurants were still open. The Family Marts and 7-11s in that area were still open.

The band was still playing at the Shamrock.

All the massage shops along the Beach Road were still taking customers at this time too.

Back on the ring road as I headed towards Wat Lamai, the Family Marts and 7-11s were closed but in some of them it looked as though the staff were still there, cleaning the floor and stacking the shelves. Perhaps they stay there to 5pm to be ready to reopen.

The small family restaurants along that area were still doing business at 10.45 pm.

Tesco's has been shutting at 9 pm the last two nights, instead of 10 pm.

No sign of the police.

• Like 2

Friend of mine stayed at a bar until after 10 PM, He figured that because of the curfew he could not return home until 5 AM. rolleyes.gif

I wonder if that will work as an excuse, when the lady at home is standing in the doorway with a rolling pin.

"Sorry dear, but the army forced me into staying at the bar"

:D

• Like 2

Friend of mine stayed at a bar until after 10 PM, He figured that because of the curfew he could not return home until 5 AM. rolleyes.gif

I wonder if that will work as an excuse, when the lady at home is standing in the doorway with a rolling pin.

"Sorry dear, but the army forced me into staying at the bar"

biggrin.png

We used to do something similar when we lived in HongKong and there was a level T8 typhoon warning. ( http://www.orientexpat.com/hong-kong/cyclone-warning-signals)

Head straight for the nearest bar (never far away) and then phone the wife and say "Sorry - cannot get home. T8 warning!"

• Like 2

Almost business as usual in Lamai last night.

Seems Lamai is the place to be, are you talking about 2-3am everything open as usual ? Shamrock, Lava, Fusion Club all open late?

Yep. 7-11's and family mates closed and no lady boxing. Other than that, normal day. Was virtually the same the previous day I was told with a few bars closing early which means that Thursday was the only real day anything changed. Cops came in as usual at 1am (red box) and had their usual JW and soda before heading off.

I'm travelling to Koh Samui for the first time on June 3rd with a girlfriend.. After Samui we are going to Koh Phangan and Tao. We were really looking forward to the nightlife (not to mention the full moon party) and have heard so many mixed rumours about whether or not these islands will enforce the curfew or not in the coming days.

Any one heard any updates?

Stress is rising !!

Cheers

Oh, the full moon party will most certainly be cancelled, quite possibly for the foreseeable future. In other words, there is entirely no point whatsoever to visiting Phangan - might as well skip it and head SE (Somewhere Else). The streets of Phangan are being patrolled by ferocious hounds and grumpy grandmas looking for free meals and humongous Hampshire hedgehogs respectively; the local Tea (money) Party is rumoured to round up those who escape the aforementioned. If you even make it to Phangan, that is; the whale sharks are said to be livid about the diminishing numbers of admirers due to various governments around the world advising their citizens not to visit Thailand, so livid that they plan to ram every single ferry attempting to land on the island.

I even saw a group of soldiers the other day. Only on a computer screen to be sure, but they looked mighty real to me.

• Like 2

I'm travelling to Koh Samui for the first time on June 3rd with a girlfriend.. After Samui we are going to Koh Phangan and Tao. We were really looking forward to the nightlife (not to mention the full moon party) and have heard so many mixed rumours about whether or not these islands will enforce the curfew or not in the coming days.

Any one heard any updates?

Stress is rising !!

Cheers

So far: Nightlife “business as usual” in Chaweng biggrin.png – beach parties, discos etc. – however a number of Seven-eleven stores closed, some still open. Cannot imagine Full Moon Party cancelled...

Edit: Specify Chaweng, don't know about Lamai and other areas...

Edited by khunPer

Well somewhere around Maenam, within earshot of my home, after 10 pm last night.... Some places was rockin' with booming music....

I can hear thump thump thump playing right now too....w00t.gif

So if usually "sleepy Maenam" is Rockin.... I just cannot imagine FMP being canceled ...

Anthong ^ "pulling our chain" on his above comment! ^ whistling.gif me thinks! wink.pngtongue.png

• Like 2

Well somewhere around Maenam, within earshot of my home, after 10 pm last night.... Some places was rockin' with booming music....

I can hear thump thump thump playing right now too....w00t.gif

So if usually "sleepy Maenam" is Rockin.... I just cannot imagine FMP being canceled ...

Anthong ^ "pulling our chain" on his above comment! ^ whistling.gif me thinks! wink.pngtongue.png

All “usual suspects” en route Maenam-Chaweng are open at night – the Thai beer bar in Bo Phut seemed extremely busy… whistling.gif

Many police last night by Chaweng Lake, enjoying the Thai-pop concert there, which started at 11pm… thumbsup.gif

Attached photo: Curfew at Samui 24th May at 11:30pm

post-122720-0-68119400-1401022709_thumb.

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

Oh, the full moon party will most certainly be cancelled, quite possibly for the foreseeable future. In other words, there is entirely no point whatsoever to visiting Phangan - might as well skip it and head SE (Somewhere Else). The streets of Phangan are being patrolled by ferocious hounds and grumpy grandmas looking for free meals and humongous Hampshire hedgehogs respectively; the local Tea (money) Party is rumoured to round up those who escape the aforementioned. If you even make it to Phangan, that is; the whale sharks are said to be livid about the diminishing numbers of admirers due to various governments around the world advising their citizens not to visit Thailand, so livid that they plan to ram every single ferry attempting to land on the island.

I even saw a group of soldiers the other day. Only on a computer screen to be sure, but they looked mighty real to me.

clap2.gif

I have always said that we need a 'tongue in cheek' emote! thumbsup.gif

sorry.gifofftopic.gifpost-4641-1156694606.gif

I reckon that hell would freeze over before they cancelled a FMP. drunk.gifpartytime2.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

Hi All

Missed the coup date went to HK cause to bloody hot

How's the food water issue in Tesco elsewhere as back on the rock Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All normal. Ooops no Tonic Water.smile.png

Now there's a surprise ! 555 !

What the... I'm not hearing loud music from both around Bangkok Hospital and Chaweng Lake. It looks like from the Lake, there's a Thai live concert going on as well as some techno bass sound coming from a club somewhere. I have a feeling it may be that "Chaweng Stadium" near "Sound Club".

I've heard the owners of those clubs are some really big hotshots.

There must indeed be some very influential people and their families on the Island of Samui.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

What the... I'm not hearing loud music from both around Bangkok Hospital and Chaweng Lake. It looks like from the Lake, there's a Thai live concert going on as well as some techno bass sound coming from a club somewhere. I have a feeling it may be that "Chaweng Stadium" near "Sound Club".

There must indeed be some very influential people and their families on the Island of Samui.

It has often been said that on Samui the local ranchers own the sheriff . . .

R

It has often been said that on Samui the local ranchers own the sheriff . . .

R

That's right, its the wild wild West! There's no law and order at the best of times so the curfew ain't gonna happen here.

biggrin.png Been some nightly get-together for Thai car-stereo by the lake – makes loud tech-music/noise (depending of age & mood)... whistling.gif

Unfortunetely none of the normally compulsory coyote dancers visible, when I was there... sad.png

post-122720-0-46008200-1401090296_thumb.

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

I gather from a couple of phone calls that True and CHT satellite are down ....

My Astro went down for about 10 minutes...about half hour ago... . (maybe very heavy cloud?)

But there has been nothing reported on the Thailand situation, on CNN or Sky News for the last couple of hours ....

At least my local familymart (chaweng ring road) was open about 1:30AM today (monday to tuesday).

It was closed since the beginning and reopened.

I don't know about 7/11 and others but seems they were open, at least more open than yesterday..

Still no news channels on Truevisions

No BBC or CNN since the start of things

No coverage but then again i remember in 2006 their totally distorted reporting of events followed by further one sided reporting favoring the red shirts during the protests in Bangkok three years ago. Their reporting was in no way impartial so frankly i question whether they are worth listening to anyway, and i'd imagine there was a resentment created here in some quarters. This is a little off topic but maybe offers some reasoning why.

Mindyou, isn't CNN more interested in the Donald Sterling racism saga?!!! blink.png

• Like 1