Internet Explorer, large temp files,but dont use it?

worgeordie

Everyday i use CCleaner to remove crap from my PC,yesterday and tonight

i have noticed very large Internet Explorer temporary files,439,679 Kbs 537 files,

which i find strange as i never use Internet Explorer, only Opera browser,which

at the same time had 40,418 Kbs ,888 files,but thats called Internet cache ,is

that same as Temp files?, why so many temp files for Internet Explorer when

i never use it?, if anyone can explain,in simple terms please ,i would be grateful

regards Worgeordie

The Internet Explorer temporary files are local copies of web pages that somebody has visited using Internet Explorer some time in the past. They exist so that if a page is revisited the local copy can be used, which is faster than redownloading from the web. They can safely be deleted.

Opera keeps its own set of temporary files. They serve the same purpose as those of Internet Explorer.

Even though you use Opera, do you sometimes use an alternate browser? If you do, it is possible they use IE settings and hence IE locations for cache or temp files.

No only use Opera,thats whats a mystery to me,would like to uninstall Internet Explorer,

but you cannot as its part of the windows system.but anyone know if it can be disabled ?

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Not so, all versions of Internet Explorer can be removed. However on Windows XP it can only be partially removed. It's needed for updates. It would help if you give version of IE and Windows system or do a Google search.

Not so, all versions of Internet Explorer can be removed. However on Windows XP it can only be partially removed. It's needed for updates. It would help if you give version of IE and Windows system or do a Google search.

Its Internet Explorer 9 and windows 7

regards worgeordie

hi, i mananged to get ie8 uninstalled at one time and used chrome as sole browser

a few weeks later a video file would'nt play in chrome and after many hours wasted trying to figure it out, i found i had to reinstall ie8 to watch the file in chrome (it was a video file from microsoft)

i also use ccleaner and have noticed files from ie8 (which i never use) but there only a few mb in size and i think there thumbnail images

I googled how to uninstall IE 9, did it ,rebooted ,and now its IE 8 !,so not so easy to get rid of

regards Worgeordie

Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs and Features>Add/Remove Windows Features

• Like 1