Thai army summons ex-PM Yingluck, others in Thaksin clan

webfact

You need to get your facts straight. The Democrats did accept the election result in 2011 and operated as the opposition until December last year.

If they accepted the results than why quit early? And why not run again when parliament was dissolved?

It's time for reforms now.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This whole situation should clearly demonstrate why no government can ever work successfully anywhere, at any time.

Thailand need to return to rule by absolute monarchy - then there would be no "sides" to fight each other.

Then the rest of the world should follow suit.

funny

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You need to get your facts straight. The Democrats did accept the election result in 2011 and operated as the opposition until December last year.

If they accepted the results than why quit early? And why not run again when parliament was dissolved?

these reforms won't be legitimate.

Thaksin was a self made man. He was a billionaire. Thailand's economy grew at the fastest pace in 25 yrs. His only error was in supporting the more poor majority party in Thailand and trying to uplift the poorer communities in Thailand. Of course, the minority Dems/PDRC/Elite/Military hate this fact. The only illegal act that Thaksin is even accused/found guilty of is a relatively small land deal that his wife signed for. They bid on a land and used his wife's name. This was deemed a conflict of interest. So lets not be misleading. He has never been found to be stealing money from the Thai People. It was a simply conflict of interest. He failed to report that his wife was the buyer of the land.

If anyone has any other illegal acts that he has been charged/found guilty of, please show me.

My definition of a self made man would be someone that started out poor and built a career, empire, wealth or whatever on his own. No starting out having family contacts in high places or family wealth both of which thaksin had so does not qualify as self made. Granted he took advantage of his family connections to a greater degree than most but without his connections he would not have succeeded anywhere near to the degree that he did.

As for supporting the poor being his only mistake I disagree. If he would have truly supported the poor by making sure they all got an education etc instead of creating a cycle of debt for them then I would revere him as a good man but that is not the case.

I can not look up to a man that makes comments like he has done. Such as stating that it does not matter who he chooses for cabinet ministers because they will all do as he tells them anyway. Stating that democracy is not the goal but only a tool and many other inane comments he has made not to mention financing the riots in bangkok. Look up the youtube video where he comments that if he gets back in power the people will not have to stand in line to get their 500 baht.

There is so much wrong about this guy that i can not understand how any sane person can support him.

Before anyone pops up but but but what about suthep, I think he should probably be in jail along side thaksin.

didn't he expand access to education nationwide?

In the USA, the military takes an oath to uphold the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic. So yes, the USA military have an obligation to do a military coup when a corrupt politician breaks laws and violates the constitution.

Last time I checked, under a democracy, when politicians break the laws or violate the constitution, they are removed and sent to jail for their crimes. Even if they got 100% of the vote. Getting elected under a Democracy is not a get out of jail free card.

these reforms won't be legitimate.

Sure they will!