Coup makers shut down schools from 23-25 May

webfact

What exactly is the reason for shutting the schools? Have they created a new public holiday "National Coup Day"

Well, the parents bringing their kids to school could gather and exchange their (political) opinions and that would be against Martial Law.

And of course, the kids could learn something about freedom of expression and democracy in their school and that too would be against Martial Law.

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All academic institutions closed?? Does that mean all schools are open?!bah.gif

My daughter's school holidays were from 5 Mar to 19th May! Just what she needs, more time off! No wonder all the kids here are lobotomized numbskulls!

who is the lobotomized numbskulls!

I teach my daughter English, Mathamatics, Spelling how to play the guitar and piano

thats called responsibility

the world does not owe you a living

Now spell this word 20 times till you understand what responsibility means

• Like 1

My daughter's school holidays were from 5 Mar to 19th May! Just what she needs, more time off! No wonder all the kids here are lobotomized numbskulls!

I teach my daughter English, Mathamatics, Spelling how to play the guitar and piano

Did you do that on purpose?

• Like 1

What exactly is the reason for shutting the schools? Have they created a new public holiday "National Coup Day"

Well, the parents bringing their kids to school could gather and exchange their (political) opinions and that would be against Martial Law.

And of course, the kids could learn something about freedom of expression and democracy in their school and that too would be against Martial Law.

you missed out some words so I will help you

And of course, the kids could learn something about True freedom of expression and True democracy where every Thai has the right to freedom of expression

Not like in Thaskin's world where "thou shalt not have any over view but mine in North East Thaiiand"

And if your do, my loyal subjects (Red Shirts) will simulate you to our way of thinking

Hopefully you don't teach her grammar.

I live in a Thai village with a thai wife

Please explain what is Grammer

or should I say

Grammer What is ( Thai Way)

ha ha when in Rome

Don't worry to much about the grammar police here... It's a slow day for us and we have no papers to tick. You're doing the right thing by teaching your daughter yourself. I wish more parents took such an interest in their children's education.

I can confirm in Sapli, Pathio Chumphon schools are closed. Daughter's school janitor showed up and turned away parents that were dropping off their children. Luckily the school here is small and most people travel a small distance. I can ask a friend about some of the other schools as he teaches English.

It is a means for the military to keep everyone home for the most part.

For farang parents it is a chance to teach the students at home.

For the kids it is just a time to get some rest and study. I think the real purpose of this is to keep the university and trade school kids apart so that there are no issues at or with the universities.

Easier to say shut it all down than it is to try to pick and choose.

one question though how about all the private language schools are they still going to be open?

More kneejerk stupidity, especially guy with China flag on Obama, repulsive to any real American.

The reason for travel restrictions, including transporting school children, is to stop and grab the flow of weapons ...guns, etc..... into BKK. If people are evil enuf to bring in guns, then they are evil enuf to hide them under children seats.

The Army has proven that they are really good at checkpoints stopping incoming weapons.

GET the news......... ALL schools of all kinds are closed. Working parents, stay home and love your kids for at least this weekend and relax.

That's a nice thing to say.....

Did you not have a summer holiday when you went to school?

same as with the curfew, they obviously want to keep the decks clear for a few days.

" . . . keep the decks clear for a few days."??? How does keeping children from being educated and socializing with other children in a school environment help maintain 'peace and order'? Pursuing a decent education in this country is challenge enough with all of the scheduled days off, not to mention the 'quality' of education. Now we have to keep our children from attending classes in the name of 'peace' and order'? Unbelievable.

The reason for travel restrictions, including transporting school children, is to stop and grab the flow of weapons ...guns, etc..... into BKK. If people are evil enuf to bring in guns, then they are evil enuf to hide them under children seats.

The Army has proven that they are really good at checkpoints stopping incoming weapons.

My niece phoned us early this morning to ask if her school was closed today as she'd seen a post on Facebook about all schools being closed. The wife confirmed it so I was happy too as I'm teaching Kindergarten there. My happiness was short lived though as the owner expected all her teachers to come in and just sit there until 4pm.

I've opted to stay home as I have a better internet connection and can sit here in my underwear and work without interruptions. Any talk of wage deductions on Monday will be met with the usual threat to leave as they cannot find any foreign teachers. Even the Filipino applicants who applied before term started have found better jobs, promised no more than 18 teaching hours and then bumped up to 23+ after the contract is signed.

Hopefully you don't teach her grammar.

I live in a Thai village with a thai wife

Please explain what is Grammer

or should I say

Grammer What is ( Thai Way)

ha ha when in Rome

"Grammer What is ( Thai Way)"

That's how Yoda talks

Why would you take this personally. Very bizarre. I also teach my daughter at home, but that is not the point I was making! What are you on about in regards to responsibility & 'the world does not owe you a living'?

Why would you take this personally. Very bizarre. I also teach my daughter at home, but that is not the point I was making! What are you on about in regards to responsibility & 'the world does not owe you a living'?

FYI, I am currently looking after my 5 year old daughter on my own (have been for 4 1/2 yrs already), whilst also taking care of my father, who 2 months ago had a stroke & my dog who has kidney failure. I would class that as responsibility!

You really should not call your daughter a lobotomized numbskull.

I'd skip teaching her spelling if I was you.

• Like 1

The are rather effective especially in the deep south (Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat)

That's a nice thing to say.....

Did you not have a summer holiday when you went to school?

same as with the curfew, they obviously want to keep the decks clear for a few days.

Might not be nice but it is true. They just started and another vacation. They need not worry about election and election fraud, they need to worry about EDUCATION FOR ALL AND MAKE IT EQUAL FOR ALL.

Does that mean school for the little kids too? Mine are just having their breakfast and I would like to know if they are going to school today, or we have to make new plans. What about working parent's do they need to stay home today with their kids?

Yes, my wife and I's school is closed today.

But one question no one is answering is.... what about the small schools inside the malls, are those considered schools and closed, or just what thais would considered schools, just curious,

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app