Thai PM Re-launches Controversial Anti-drug War

george

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear BTS,

My home country is Holland and I have a son of 25.

Do I have to say more?

In Holland there is the policy of seperation of hard and soft drugs and all the statictics show the benefit of it. It is a policy of tollerance,not legal acceptance.

Personaly however I am against any drugs.

Drugs will never, never ever be eradicated. Mr. Taksin is a very bad politician, as we know. Where are the root causes of the problem? Is it drug dealers? Is it drug pushers, or even the producers? Nope!! I clearly identify the education system. People are held stupid. You only know what you are tought. And what is tought in Thai schools? Totally biassed, nationalistic bullshit. People coming outta college have the knowledge of 10th grader in Europe or elsewhere in our beloved 1st world. I know that, because I made my Bachelors Degree in a Thai College. Students don't have a clue what's going on in the world. They are trained to function in their jobs and in society. There is only one problem with this: Where to go with ones anger, misstrust, and questions that one has to question authorities? There is no way to go, because Thais are trained to shut up and do their job. So what to do, when all the pressure comes down, where to release it? The answer is drugs. The only problem to adress these root causes is that Thaksin can not afford people that think and question the Status Quo. Because this is the only reason why he is in power. Having subordinate consumers, that cry for more consumer products. Drugs is the price he will have to pay for this.

Beerlao

First of all- i am not defending drug dealers. lets get that straight- i am not defending drug dealers. But in civilized / democratic societies a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. as much as we dont like it, even the bali and 9/11 bombers have that right.  this is not to give criminals an advantage- it is to protect law abiding citizens from the abuses of government. it protects us from living in a police state.

I am agree - drug dealers have not to be defend. But that what they do to the society, to the innocent kids and to everyone - may be they deserve to be shoot down without a process? I am almost agree with that... Because Palestinian kamikazes - they also have civil rights. But it is very difficult to collect their pieces togheter and give them the pleasure to enjoy their rights... Who have to protect me if I do not deal with drugs - the law, or? If I deal with drugs - I know that I can be shoot down all the time... and I know that is better for me to go in prison and after a few years /with good laywers, a lot of money etc/ I'll be back on the market...

Mr. Bower!

Do you think your stupid idea will works in USA too. I think you use some alcohol, coffe or another drugs as well. It remindes me about some words, I dont know what they speak in Texas, but dont forget. Those who speak loudest have somthing to hide.

There's only one way to get rid of illegal drugs and it's to legalize them.

Uh....yeah. Worried to see what your solution to rape is.

Making things legal doesn't solve the problem, it just changes the status of the problem. Certainly some drugs should be legal. Marajuana is an example. I've never been able to figure out if smoking alot of pot makes you stupid or if stupid people just don't know how to moderate. In moderation however, it the least of our problems.

Heroin and methamphetamine don't only harm their users, but everyone around them. One thing I love about being here is that I don't have to put up with strung out junkies begging, harrassing people and taking dumps in the street. Their needles litter playgrounds that kids can't play in anymore, beaches that you are afraid to take your shoes off on, the list goes on. Or methed up morons running around the streets and making it so that decent people can't enjoy their own neighborhoods.

I say give addicts a chance to clean up, whatever help they need, give it to them. They need medical care, counselling, a way of making a living, and more than likely a kick in the ass too. What they don't need is more people telling them it's okay to be a junkie and shove whatever you want into their viens. Yes, they have rights, butr so do the others in the community whose lives are hampered by their selfish insistance to rot away on the streets.

As for the suppliers... give 'em a fair trial then the convicted can sweat at hard labour behind bars until they drop.

cv

IMHO Dealing in drugs makes you a murderer , so a death-penalty is entirely appropriate , however you're innocent until proven guilty - so blowing people away on the streets won't make me feel any safer.

Anyone know where to buy Kevlar T-shirt & shorts ? :o

I am for a drug free Thailand and I am not exactly a suporter of Mr. Thaksin either.

However, may the first country who objects to what Mr. Thaksin is about to commit be the first to offer to take in refugees, from Thailand, who claim that the Thai goverment believes that they are drug traffikers and are being in danger of being eliminated.

I am for a drug free Thailand and I am not exactly a suporter of Mr. Thaksin either.

However, may the first country who objects to what Mr. Thaksin is about to commit be the first to offer to take in refugees, from Thailand, who claim that the Thai goverment believes that they are drug traffikers and are being in danger of being eliminated.

I agree with the sentiment of Dove's post, but springing to mind is something said to me in a branch of the Bngkok Bank (up-country) back in 2000, and I quote the conversation.

Me - "I'd like to open a bank account please"

Clerk - "You are not allowed to do that, you are a farang. Farangs are not allowed to have bank accounts in Thailand"

Me - "Oh, when did that start?"

Clerk - "It was announced by the government last month"

Me - "Why?"

Clerk - "The government says that all farangs are drug traffickers and money launderers and they're not to be given bank accounts in Thailand anymore"

And that was under the Democrats, eight months before Thaksin took office !! :o

Therefore combining the sentiments of that conversation with those of Dove's post - a country somewhere had better prepare to receive thousands of farangs claiming political and criminal asylum from Thailand :D

So you're in favour of police murdering suspected drug dealers at will with no investigations, no trials and thousands of innocent people gunned down without justice. Believe it or not, even in Thailand there is a justice system. But Toxin cares little for it.

America locks up more people involved with drugs than any place on earth. 5% of the world's population and 30% of the world's prisoners I believe. AND WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO? At any rate, locking a guy up for life who gre marijuana plants in his basement isn't enough huh? He needs to be hunted down in the street and murdered.

May God help us all.

--------------------

ChiangMaiThai

Chiang Mai Thai,

I'm not talking about "locking up" anyone. Let's just "ELIMINATE THEM WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE"....

KILL THEM ALL, and let God sort them out. IF the word gets out that ALL drug dealers, pushers, distributers will be killed, the problem WILL go away.

It's just a shame that people in the U.S. can't see that and instead jail offenders and the population has to pay to feed and care for the offenders long term.

Ken Bower

San Antonio Texas USA

It's just a shame that people in the U.S. can't see that and instead jail offenders and the population has to pay to feed and care for the offenders long term.

Ken Bower

San Antonio Texas USA

I've heard the same reasoning in my country. I think it's plain BS. Our useless and crooked officials/politicians/kings (and so on) cost us much more money. In perpetuity.

I'm not talking about "locking up" anyone. Let's just "ELIMINATE THEM WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE"....

KILL THEM ALL, and let God sort them out. IF the word gets out that ALL drug dealers, pushers, distributers will be killed, the problem WILL go away.

Ken Bower

San Antonio Texas USA

To say the least, you're weird. Not another "compassionate" weirdo from Texas. No, just a plain weirdo.

Drugs will never, never ever be eradicated. Mr. Taksin is a very bad politician, as we know. Where are the root causes of the problem? Is it drug dealers? Is it drug pushers, or even the producers? Nope!! I clearly identify the education system. People are held stupid. You only know what you are taught. And what is taught in Thai schools? Totally biassed, nationalistic bullshit. People coming outta college have the knowledge of 10th grader in Europe or elsewhere in our beloved 1st world.

Substitute Bush for Toxin and US for Thai and this would still be true .......

Guns kill far more people than any drug. But guns are still legal. The makers can even advertise. And, last but not least, they are even allowed, through the NRA, to pressure the American goverment into adopting friendly laws.

Is anyone shocked ?

Guns kill far more people than any drug. But guns are still legal. The makers can even advertise. And, last but not least, they are even allowed, through the NRA, to pressure the American goverment into adopting friendly laws.

Is anyone shocked ?

Thru the Constitution stupid, not the NRA.

Mr Vietnam :o

Guns kill far more people than any drug. But guns are still legal. The makers can even advertise.
Is anyone shocked ?

One side claims that guns kill people so you shouldn't keep them in your house. :D

The other side argues that guns don't kill but people do! :D

I play it safe and don't keep people in my house! :o

Snowleopard.

tell the western bushshit to shut their mouths

talk less

lead by examples before talking BUST shit

ban the drugs in USA

ban the guns in USA

ban the police from pulling nonsense triggers on the blacks

kick out all the poiticians with sex / money / drugs / side businesses

kick out all the shit heads who made mistakes on iraqi case

and causing millions of men / women and child to suffer for nothing

and close down all the cults and punk and gun clubs in USA

and...

and...

and...

put one's own house and country together

show with examples and close down and destroy

all the drugs / beer / cancer causing food industry / nuclear / chemical / biological weapons in USA

GOSH !!! THE LIST IS ENDLESS... :o

otherwise / tell BUSH shit and their <deleted> to shutup...

hi'

a fact remains ... human beings enjoy to get high for ages, and nothing will change this!

from early ages, through romans, greeks, and even Japanese monks who wrote poems and texts after drinking wine .. that became a book called "the Tao of wine".

useless to mention the Chinese people who use canabis as a medecine, paper, clothes and so many more use, including smoking it since more than 10,000 years.

in our times, it looks more a question of interest(financial), governments allow to sell coffees, and gigarettes because they get a load of money from it, not from any pill sold or any gram of anything else.

governments would like to eradicate drugs problems, but at the same time, people still drink and drive :D

it seems to me that the Nederlands model is not this bad, but it applies in a country, might be that this won't work somewhere else.

one top policeman in france told one day : we have an alcoholic society, we cannot afford this society to become canabico-alcoholic ... it says it all :o

there should be a middle way, but still(again), some mafia are running, and who could get them down?

it looks like, that the Thai PM declare himself able to do it ... good luck!

someone asked, did we know any country that won a war against drug?

I don't know any!

and I guess that as for alcohol, this can't be stopped.

we just have to educate our children, and take good care of them, trying to keep them away from all this.

this can be done!

francois

et33.com,

can you see the difference between your message and the next(francois)?

Your reaction should be placed in the bear pit.

It is going too far in anti this and anti that.

My humble opinion :o

We're lovers not fighters!

We are, right?

right :o

I guess that we just have to hope that this time it will be more, track them, spot them ARREST them, and ..court penalty..etc etc, rather than track them, spot them and shoot them down :D

we can still hope

chai mai kap?

francois

I think sensible people will agree there are drugs that do more harm to society than others,like heroin , yabaa are more harmful than maruana for example, as some European countries have recognised,getting rid of drugs is impossible so why not steer people towards the less harmful ones. i.e. legalise maruana so it becomes very cheap and the expensive alternatives will be pushed to the backround ,even beer sales will probably drop as people get wasted in there hammocks but the amount of lost revenue through the heavily taxed alcohol sales will obviously mean this is not an option. Just a wasted thought really :o