Thai military coup draws international censure

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have an affinity with anything it is hard to judge the situation, same applies here, to the long term Expats this is another day at the office, relax and think of it as something to tell the folks back home , to the international establishment, standby for more hair raising articles ,but don't get your knickers in a twist. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

LOL..."The Pentagon is reviewing military relations with its SE Asia Ally". What a joke. The US has been licking Thailand's boots for years now, trying to keep it's influence and not to loose out to China. Now they are trying to threaten the Thai military cheesy.gif

If I was the Thai General, I would have the following message to the US and it's Western Allies..."DILLIGAF"?

Selective reading is your specialty? The article also said:

"The US, EU, France and others expressed deep concern."

And:

"The coup is not a solution at all to end the crisis. This will become the crisis," said Pavin Chachavalpongpun of the Centre for Southeast Asian Studies at Japan's Kyoto University."

And

"UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon was "seriously concerned" by the coup, his spokesman said. He urged a return to "constitutional, civilian, democratic rule."

Your prejudice is making you a mental case.

Lets just for once cut all the rhetoric and get straight to the point. Thaksin is an illuminati puppet and Thailand the easiest of all the SE Asian countries to be manipulated by them (or as they thought) in bringing about the New World Order. It is documented fact that the senior players in the NWO are the USA, EU(Grea Britian) and France.

This whole series of events over the last 6 - 7 months has been orchestrated by those opposed to a NWO and Suthep was the instigator on behalf of them.

Of course if the PT government had resigned and the Shins removed from the equation, military intervention would not have been required.

I wrote exactly about this scenario at the very beginning and all is unfolding thus. I have no special insight, I just do not wear blinkers and follow all the world events without bias and face and accept the reality of what is really happening.

Thailand is but a drop in the ocean of what is yet to come.

• Like 1

Has Yingsy decided what she will wear when she goes to meet the general this morning?

Tears, dark glasses and no make up.

Oh and a somber number from Georgio, Stella or ... ?

No make up? Are you nuts? at the least, she's got to lather on whitening creams.

oh, and take an umbrella, ma'am. Wouldn't want a ray of sunshine to touch that lovely white skin.

Another thought: What is big brother China doing/saying about the latest coup? My guess is they don't mind internal conflicts, as long as it doesn't put a dent in their plans to get a 2.2 trillion baht rail connection to Bkk. Plus, China doesn't want its bargeloads of MSG exports to Thailand to be interrupted.

LOL..."The Pentagon is reviewing military relations with its SE Asia Ally". What a joke. The US has been licking Thailand's boots for years now, trying to keep it's influence and not to loose out to China. Now they are trying to threaten the Thai military cheesy.gif

If I was the Thai General, I would have the following message to the US and it's Western Allies..."DILLIGAF"?

As usual, you would be overstating the significance of Thailand to US interests. It hasn't been of any strategic importance since the Vietnam War ended..

And as usual you are posting utter rubbish. Clearly you have no comprehension of the geo political situation. Thaksin has been in bed with Uncle Sam for many years, and the atrocities committed in the past (and a decade of vote buying and corruption) have been ignored (or tentatively supported) by the great American nation of world democracy...... Because it suited them.

I sincerely hope the US Embassy is put firmly in their place or invited to leave.

• Like 1

Has Yingsy decided what she will wear when she goes to meet the general this morning?

Tears, dark glasses and no make up.

Oh and a somber number from Georgio, Stella or ... ?

No make up? Are you nuts? at the least, she's got to lather on whitening creams.

oh, and take an umbrella, ma'am. Wouldn't want a ray of sunshine to touch that lovely white skin.

Another thought: What is big brother China doing/saying about the latest coup? My guess is they don't mind internal conflicts, as long as it doesn't put a dent in their plans to get a 2.2 trillion baht rail connection to Bkk. Plus, China doesn't want its bargeloads of MSG exports to Thailand to be interrupted.

She's already whiter than white, well that's what she told the CC and NACC anyway.

It's amazing how willing the PCAD and the military are to completely embarrass their entire nation in front of the entire world. Thailand hasn't had a truly stable government in close to 100 years now. Would it of been so hard to of removed Thaksin through an election? I think it's safe to say by thisa point that he would've lost an election and an opposition would've arisen had the military not destroyed the entire system like they did. How are these people so incompetent? Ruining relations with allied nations, putting in danger the country's leading position in the Asean Economic Community in Jeopardy along with further plunging the economy into further chaos.

The sad thing is that this conflict will never end because no one can take a second and think about why Thaksin remains popular, instead deflecting criticism that he's just buying voters. To solve this conflict you have to admit that their grievances are valid.

• Like 2

There is a lot more to come. A LOT MORE. No one knows why this General who has shown restraint thus far and had the country already under his control with the Military Martial Law needed to do this. Why now capture all ministers and politicians? I have been doing a little research and the last coup did not have a full lock down of the country. It did not cut TV stations. Movement was not restricted.There is more to come folks... watch this space!

Research harder!

• Like 1

When will the US and the UK finally realise that they cannot dictate to ther countries. Look around the globe at some of the most f' upped countries and there are US and/or UK footprints all over them....and that goes waaay back through the history and legacy of the British Empire all the way right up to the Middle East/Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan.

Let Thailand find its own way, making mistakes or positive steps as the case maybe, but at least according to their own way, not what the US and the UK perceive to be "right".

I am proud to be British, I have fought for my country and gave 23 years of my life in service to my country and then I left (Blair did it for me).

Rob your post is bang on, correct in every word, and I applaud you.

The US inspired, UK lapdog supported version of global democracy will lead to goodness knows where. I ran away to Thailand to get away from all of that, I pray the General deals with the so called allies robustly and shows them the door if they rather go home.

• Like 2

As usual, you would be overstating the significance of Thailand to US interests. It hasn't been of any strategic importance since the Vietnam War ended..

As in use it abuse it then leave it? don't see too many friends of the GREAT old US of A around here, well maybe the Philippines and you can have that!

Who cares what farang media say.

They don't understand Thai problems.

Besides, all foreign media are block in Thailand anyway.

I hope the army will politely ask the farang media to stop reporting live from Thailand. Any news tapes can be mailed out, but must be censored and obtain the necessary news export approval from army first.

When will the US and the UK finally realise that they cannot dictate to ther countries. Look around the globe at some of the most f' upped countries and there are US and/or UK footprints all over them....and that goes waaay back through the history and legacy of the British Empire all the way right up to the Middle East/Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan.

Let Thailand find its own way, making mistakes or positive steps as the case maybe, but at least according to their own way, not what the US and the UK perceive to be "right".

You do realise how diplomacy and foreign relations work right ?

You dont deal or have close relations with a country that dosnt share your values of human rights or worse break them ... you dont have close ties with a nation that dosnt hold the same values or morals... you dont do trade with someone who you dont share basic principles with... you dont provide military support or partnership for the same reasons.. if a principle isnt shared then youd expect your partner to tell you.. youd also not expect to take all the good stuff like trade and export when you dont hold the same basic required principles.

Moan as much as you like but basic foreign relations are based on basic upholding of rights and principles or what someone needs, no one needs rice in the west .. when they fail so does that relationship and it is the duty of that other partner to remind in this case Thailand what principles it agreed to in the first place to be recognised.

Thank you for the lesson ....giggle.gif How quaintly naive, - totally ignoring the vested financial interests of the rich and powerful in the US, the UK and elsewhere. Do you SERIOUSLY think they give a rat's rear end about morals, values (other than values of commodities), 'partners' (other than business partners)? Trade export and the same basic required principles??? The principle is simple. looking after one's own vested interests.

Maybe you need a strong coffee to help you wake up and learn from history. coffee1.gif There, now. That's better, isn't it.....

Selective reading is your specialty? The article also said:

"The US, EU, France and others expressed deep concern."

And:

"The coup is not a solution at all to end the crisis. This will become the crisis," said Pavin Chachavalpongpun of the Centre for Southeast Asian Studies at Japan's Kyoto University."

And

"UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon was "seriously concerned" by the coup, his spokesman said. He urged a return to "constitutional, civilian, democratic rule."

Your prejudice is making you a mental case.

Lets just for once cut all the rhetoric and get straight to the point. Thaksin is an illuminati puppet and Thailand the easiest of all the SE Asian countries to be manipulated by them (or as they thought) in bringing about the New World Order. It is documented fact that the senior players in the NWO are the USA, EU(Grea Britian) and France.

This whole series of events over the last 6 - 7 months has been orchestrated by those opposed to a NWO and Suthep was the instigator on behalf of them.

Of course if the PT government had resigned and the Shins removed from the equation, military intervention would not have been required.

I wrote exactly about this scenario at the very beginning and all is unfolding thus. I have no special insight, I just do not wear blinkers and follow all the world events without bias and face and accept the reality of what is really happening.

Thailand is but a drop in the ocean of what is yet to come.

This just goes to show how hot the sun has been of late........ermm.gif

The world salutes the Thai military for fighting corrupt nepotism

Prayuth is the HERO and we salute him internationally

2ed2e__young-jeezy-president-obama-getty

Nice to see some informed comments on here. You need to see it in the correct context. It’s not that we don’t believe in democracy, it’s just that for the sake of the nation we can only allow democracy that selects the right people.

There is a lot more to come. A LOT MORE. No one knows why this General who has shown restraint thus far and had the country already under his control with the Military Martial Law needed to do this. Why now capture all ministers and politicians? I have been doing a little research and the last coup did not have a full lock down of the country. It did not cut TV stations. Movement was not restricted.There is more to come folks... watch this space!

I understand the thinking of people when they say "Watch This Space" but I don't really believe that there is a need to beat up on the possibility of civil war or the likes. Many try to make Thailand look like a land that is uncivilised, when in fact that is far from the truth. It's political culture may well be questioned, but the country and its people are far less "Third World" than some like to make out. Many of its academics and its true leaders understand the ramifications of an all out civil war on the world stage. It would destroy Thailand economic wealth, it would drag Thailand back into the dark ages, and it would not be able to dig itself out of that whole for another 50 years. I believe that there is one hand that will get this country back in order, and one hand only, and I believe that many discussions will be going on right now to get things back on track. Thailand has come too far to sink back to depth.

The problem is that the rest of the world simply doesn't buy the rationale for the coup. When given the opportunity to support the elected government in controlling the demonstrations about six months ago, the military declined and appeared to give tacit support to those trying to bring down the govt. Effectively they through in their lot with Suthep. It is no wonder that the justification for action now rings hollow in Washington, Paris and Brussels. .Why is anyone surprised?

When will you grasp that democracy does not work alone. Without a lawful base democracy is only mob rule. THIS Government has no lawful base in the eys of many because it was set up to reinstate a wanted criminal. The same wanted criminal that has hoodwinked the western media by using stolen money and suspect people like Robert Amsterdam. Why would the Army EVER support Thaksin Shinawatra. We need him OUT of Thai politics so that we can have democracy without his continual backhanded interference and violence and bribery!! PLEASE tell me you understand this post!! Its not a hard concept to understand that this is ALL about thaksin attacking Thai society to be reinstated!!

• Like 1

You dont deal or have close relations with a country that dosnt share your values of human rights or worse break them ... you dont have close ties with a nation that dosnt hold the same values or morals... you dont do trade with someone who you dont share basic principles with... you dont provide military support or partnership for the same reasons.. if a principle isnt shared then youd expect your partner to tell you.. youd also not expect to take all the good stuff like trade and export when you dont hold the same basic required principles.

Moan as much as you like but basic foreign relations are based on basic upholding of rights and principles or what someone needs, no one needs rice in the west .. when they fail so does that relationship and it is the duty of that other partner to remind in this case Thailand what principles it agreed to in the first place to be recognised.

Thank you for the lesson ....giggle.gif How quaintly naive, - totally ignoring the vested financial interests of the rich and powerful in the US, the UK and elsewhere. Do you SERIOUSLY think they give a rat's rear end about morals, values (other than values of commodities), 'partners' (other than business partners)? Trade export and the same basic required principles??? The principle is simple. looking after one's own vested interests.

Maybe you need a strong coffee to help you wake up and learn from history. coffee1.gif There, now. That's better, isn't it.....

Only vested interests where it suits.. and certain changes in principles which it no longer does... diplomacy requires a response to reel in those that think they can do as they wish with no consequence... thats the point of diplomatic statements .. so the other is told and knows the feeling in the direction its taking....,. international diplomacy and opinions are expected... no comment would be more unusual get it yet ?

no didnt think so whistling.gif .

The world salutes the Thai military for fighting corrupt nepotism

Prayuth is the HERO and we salute him internationally

2ed2e__young-jeezy-president-obama-getty

Nice to see some informed comments on here. You need to see it in the correct context. It’s not that we don’t believe in democracy, it’s just that for the sake of the nation we can only allow democracy that selects the right people.

JUST THINK if the west had done that in Germany in 1936!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, oh dear. First sentence Oak, clearly you do NOT understand.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.

Winston Churchill

Let's not start on the US/UK supported dictatorships of the past and the millions that suffered as a result, or is this your version of foreign relations at work?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Watch what space..your space? No thanks - i dont think you have any information that I need or want.

+1

What a load of baloni; Everybody in west trades with China ! Enough said.

• Like 2