Bangkok: where to buy tools for auto repair

Hi, all. I need tools and supplies from time to time for repairs and maintenance, (scientific supplies are cheaper and same at auto stores) but haven't found any shops near a BTS stop in Bangkok. Willing to bus out a bit if the place isn't hard to find.

Specifically, right now, I need a hand vacuum pump used to bleed brakes.

Thanks!

A bit pricey but True Value Thailand, is one place to get high quality automotive tools.

http://www.truevalue.co.th/

Likely they won't have that though and probably a tough find there as most just use a coke bottle or just let it run out on the ground. Too bad my personal tool I designed and invented years back has not yet been marketed as that's the perfect one person tool for you that uses vacuum without hand pumping and is the only TRUE solo bleeding system in the world without special tools like compressors required.

Home Works also has a pretty nice selection of tools too, but sadly still no bake bleeders.

Take MRT mostly to this shop as they were just finishing an extension when I left there a couple years ago so should be done by now, can take a taxi the rest of the way but maybe the MRT goes all the way now, only you'll have to lug all those tools back so I'd opt for the taxi on the return trip.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Do what I do to save stuffing around.....buy off ebay. But try and get stuff from England as the postage can be less than half of what most U.S.A. sellers charge.