Media Blackout? but can still see BBC

joshstiles

Media blackout. That's a cool name i like it. I wish it was permanent reality.

I stopped watching TV when i was a kid coz i realized that you are always going to watch what they want you to watch. If it's not patriotic music then it's lies. Y'all still addicted to mental backwardness?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah. We're not so highly evolved and above it all as you.

• Like 1

Big sporting weekend.

Champions League final, English League playoffs, Monaco GP, and French Open tennis.

Well done the Military Junta. Looks like Thailand's sports fans are blanked out.

Yep, I just checked the Monaco GP. It's at 7 pm on Sunday. Are the sports bars with Astro satellite unaffected?

Has anyone checked a sports bar the last couple of days?

edit: as someone pointed out before, I agree, I don't understand why they took all the foreign channels off the air. The only rational reporting done on Thailand over the last 6 months. Amazing Thailand looks like "joke Thailand" with each passing day.

Edited by elzach

Big sporting weekend.

Champions League final, English League playoffs, Monaco GP, and French Open tennis.

Well done the Military Junta. Looks like Thailand's sports fans are blanked out.

Yep, I just checked the Monaco GP. It's at 7 pm on Sunday. Are the sports bars with Astro satellite unaffected?

Has anyone checked a sports bar the last couple of days?

edit: as someone pointed out before, I agree, I don't understand why they took all the foreign channels off the air. The only rational reporting done on Thailand over the last 6 months. Amazing Thailand looks like "joke Thailand" with each passing day.

I get astro through our cable supplier kctv.there's nowt,euro sport nowt,z pay tv,nowt,its also heinekin cup final,

only chance for champions league is channel 7 have the rights and that is on at the moment.

Got my own sat dish get 600+ channels no blackouts on them just Thai channels effected. Taking bets for games but only after I know the winners will give point spread too.cheesy.gif

you know its illegal to take bets in Thailand.whats the odds?

real Madrid 8-11 90minutes play.

athetico 5-4 win only.

first player to score hmmmmmmmm whats his name?

CNN is about as good as Fox News

Not really, at least Fox News has some eye candy. After watching CNN you want to take an ice pick and puncture your own ear drums then poke your eyes out with the same tool so you do not have see Christiane Amanpour & her colleagues. Edited by rotary

I think having the internet,particularly in the rural areas of Thailand is almost essential for farlangs anyway

And maybe to many others in urban Thailand too.

I would have to re-learn how to handle certain things without internet.

I am in Chiang Mai and use 3BB for internet.

Today,the Daily Mail website was off with a notice referring to military orders. Telegraph and Independant sites were all as usual.

Maybe the Daily Mail had some story about Thailand the Military didnt agree with ??

I also notice that CTH are showing BBC and FOX News together with other foreign news programs...but not True.