Arriving CNX after 22:00 hrs

davehowden

Anybody have experience of arriving CNX after 22:00, are the taxis still running, do we have to dos on the floor until 05:00....? Maybe a bit early yet for anybody to have any experiences of this?

reckon you'll get a taxi no problem, there were still plenty around at going on midnight last night. would suggest having your travel documents/flight tickets and whatnot handy in case of being stopped at all, prove you've just got in and are going to a hotel or whatever.

Travelling to and from airports is one of the permitted exceptions.

As SDM0712 said, to and from the airport is totally accepted as a are a few other exceptions.

I live in Hua Hin and my Thai sister in law is getting regular updates from friends in BKK. Along with the above she has also mentioned that if farang are caught out during the curfew, they will just be politely ushered back to their homes or hotels.

The curfew is about stabilising things and getting the protesters off the streets, not punishing people.

• Like 1

As SDM0712 said, to and from the airport is totally accepted as a are a few other exceptions.

I live in Hua Hin and my Thai sister in law is getting regular updates from friends in BKK. Along with the above she has also mentioned that if farang are caught out during the curfew, they will just be politely ushered back to their homes or hotels.

The curfew is about stabilising things and getting the protesters off the streets, not punishing people.

Then why have they shut down the televison shows. Is that not punishing people?

Nope, it's giving people an opportunity to do something intelligent (and/or fun) for a change.

• Like 1

The left-wing infotainment stations like BBC and CNN are prone to exacerbating already tense circumstances by their unreliable and provocative reports, clearly biassed and often forgetting reporters are there to report the facts, not make the news. Makes sense to shut them down. And, to be fair to all, shut'em all down.

Ha ha ha the label 'left wing' for BBC and CNN is indeed a bit far fetched, but I basically agree with what you say, and I'd like to add, having lived here for a long time, that the Western stance on the Thai situation makes me cringe.

Both the western media and governments condemn the military intervention because when they hear the word 'coup' they think of Pinochet, Franco, Mussolini and the like. They obviously have no idea what's really going on here, and they don't seem to acknowledge the fact that the country was in a total deadlock all because some big shots' 'faces' needed to be 'saved'. They don't understand that things were getting gradually worse, and that when you let things get worse, people get killed. A few, and then a lot, and then it's too late.

Unlike Pinochet and consorts, the Army here obviously does not want political power, what they want is to re-establish a situation where the majority of people can continue to live their lives in a normal way.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wouldn't know as I have better things to do than watch telly... Just saying!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wouldn't know as I have better things to do than watch telly... Just saying!

I'm the same I never watch telly, just hope they don't shut down the internet.

Nope, it's giving people an opportunity to do something intelligent (and/or fun) for a change.

You have a point but most of the people won't see it that way.

• Like 1

The left-wing infotainment stations like BBC and CNN are prone to exacerbating already tense circumstances by their unreliable and provocative reports, clearly biassed and often forgetting reporters are there to report the facts, not make the news. Makes sense to shut them down. And, to be fair to all, shut'em all down.

You must be off the scale right-wing/fascistic to consider BBC News left wing - really !

Must be a true Brit- blind to the perfidious ways of the Beeb. And so very quick with the ad hominem stuff. Must also be a football nutter.

Unlike Pinochet and consorts, the Army here obviously does not want political power, what they want is to re-establish a situation where the majority of people can continue to live their lives in a normal way.

What they want is their snouts back in the trough. Be realistic.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app