England Looking Good!

Neeranam

I'll have to change my mind and say that England are looking really strong.

One goal against Paraguay and two late ones against Trinidad.

Brazil and Germany should be a walk in the park. :o

Edited by Neeranam

:D Oh come on guys...dominated the match?...you must have been drinking during the match....if England keeps on playing like this they WILL NOT make the final...for sure.

The SUPER ENGLAND

The SUPER STARS

The SUPER MILLIONAIRES

Come on...they were playing against the SUPER-DWARFF of the World Cup...Trinidad&Tobago

Dominating? with all these missing long balls??? :D

The deserved to win, yes....but they are far from the SUPER TEAM :D

The coach ( :D ) and the players should be ashamed of themselves...they played two bad games so far with all these SUPER STARS and I don't have to tell you WHO they are, do I? :D

LaoPo :o

I have to agree with LaoPo, England do not look good.. they missed sooo many chances, they were lethargic, uncoordinated and just managed to pull through with more luck than judgement (ok, that second goal was a corker!)

This team wont win the World Cup, lets hope they can improve/gel before they get that far!

My comment on the England performance against T and T - what a load of rubbish!!!!! I spent most of the game worrying about when T and T were finally going to get a goal...... and they looked far more likely to do most of the time than England did.......

The World cup is reknowned for upsets , England had 2 sub par performances and still got 6 points, conceded no goals and have qualified for the next round with a game to spare.

If you offered this to any of the major nations 10 days ago , they would have bitten your hand off.

It's the best start we have had to a World cup for a long long time.

Bring on Sweden.

:o

ok, that second goal was a corker!
Did you see Hislop's face after Gerrard's goal? Was he remembering Cardiff last May and thinking "Oh no, not again!"

Did England dominate?

They had 67% of the possession.

8 shots on target to T&T's 3.

17 shots off target to T&T's 6.

6 corners to T&T's 3.

(Match Stats)

ok, that second goal was a corker!

Did you see Hislop's face after Gerrard's goal? Was he remembering Cardiff last May and thinking "Oh no, not again!"

Did England dominate?

They had 67% of the possession.

8 shots on target to T&T's 3.

17 shots off target to T&T's 6.

6 corners to T&T's 3.

(Match Stats)

So obviously Nongwahyay was right..................................Trinidad looked far more likely to score. :o obviously saw a different match.

Well anyway, that's our two bad matches out of the way. And what was this crap the papers were saying that Looney made all the difference when he came on? No; Lennon made all the difference.

Crouch grabbing on Trinni's dreadlocks whilst nutting the ball in, probably helped.

If they all get the hang of this new ball (in time) then things might perk up. It lends itself to being blasted/curled in, with the goalkeeper's view obscured by defenders.

Lampard & Co belting it skyward is worrying.

Ball control.

Know your enemy.(The ball, it seems)...As the passing/finishing are tragic lost chances!

Lucky times!

Well, T and T proved themselves a tough proposition to break down against Sweden. For large parts of the match they had 9 men behind the ball which never makes for an entertaining flowing game. (Australia take note of this for Saturday!)

The irony is that when they actually played football T and T actually looked quite a fair side. Shame was though they were too afraid to play for an extended period in fear that England would exploit any gaps left at the back.

England: Crouch (who's goal may just have saved his WC) and Lampard both need an absolute slating today. Shape up or <deleted> off back to the Buddha Club and swanning around Kensington with your poncey mates. Lampard couldn't have finished a p*ss last night, Crouch was no better, and the less said about Joe Cole the better.

Its all too easy to blame Sven so I will! Why do England play so slowly when the natural game for all these players is the fast Premiership pace? Knocking the ball around the back 4 is an Italian/Continental thing; NOT an English thing.

We've got to start attacking sides - going for the jugular- and imposing ourselves on them; dominating them, or we're not going too far in this WC either. This pussyfooting around must end. Theres no point in reserving anything for later rounds if there are no later rounds!

Edited by ProfessorFart

ter, and the less said about Joe Cole the better.

Do you write for the Sun?............................I thought the two Coles linked up very well together. And Joe was his usual live wire self. In fact I will go as far as saying he was Englands best player when they took him off.

Also if Morhino was in charge of England, Crouch would not get another game, just for trying to be a smartass when he could have controlled it and tapped it home.

Edited by lampard10

I predict that Sweden will thump England and Svenny will say, well it didn't matter anyway because we had already qualified !

England will qualify in second place and meet Germany in the next round !

It could be Auf Wiedersen England, but you never know.

I predict that Sweden will thump England and Svenny will say, well it didn't matter anyway because we had already qualified !

You really think Germany will beat Ecuador :o

If we finish second we'll probably meet Ecuador, I'd prefer to meet Germany, they've been a pretty poor team for quite a while now.

I agree with John! Just like we ran into the Argies last time I can see us meeting the Germans in the next round.

You got to be kidding about Joe Cole Lampy! He gave the ball away countless times especially when trying pointless snapshots through a wall of Trinidadian shirts. Looked a shadow of the player he was this gone season!

I reckon they should shove Sven to the side, bung Mourinho a million, and let him sort them out!

IMO Lennon should start the next game , he has the speed and can make those cutting runs from the right wing that carve up defences. Rooney and Owen to start together, why not bring on Walcott at an appropriate time? If he's good enough to be picked he should be good enough to play.

IMO Crouch has been useful but his limitations have been exposed, Also Carrick should be played pretty soon , Carragher is useless when outside his own half but fairly good as a defensive player.

It's good to see the English bashers attacking us as always, yet obviously discomfited by the fact we have 6 points from 6.

England are notoriously slow starters and invariably choke against lower opposition before stepping it up in the group's big game.

I dont think we've really started yet, but we've already qualified and I would certainly have taken that. I predicted a draw against paraguay, a narrow win againgst TT and a win against Sweden, so I'm ahead of the game so far.

My personal view is that they took last night far too lightly. Had they needed a win desperately (ie after a loss or draw in the first round) they would have been more cutting. As it was, they werent mentally up for it in the way they should have been.

But bring on a Germany or Argentina in later rounds and see the difference.

Yep, very difficult when the opposition sits behind the ball hoping for no-score draws. No point in going flat out yet either. If a team can get two wins from two in a world cup and only play at 50% of their capability, they must be doing something right. There's a lot more to come from The England and I also reckon little Walcott is going to be a bit of a secret weapon.

ps - Balls to all you England bashers :o

Hand of God wiped out a tiring side. Lennon and Rooney upped the pace where it needed it. Gerrard beauty shows there is world class finishing.

But the old long ball tactics have ripped us apart before. Half the gang are not accurate enough for this. You are just going to create endless counter attacks, chance loads of yellow cards stopping it.

Too slow. You need to step up a gear once in a while. Dominate a bit of turf.