Pattaya Curfew continues despite pockets of resistance from Pattaya Red Shirts

Rimmer

Pattaya Curfew continues despite pockets of resistance from Pattaya Red Shirts

curfew-5.jpg
PATTAYA:--The Curfew imposed by the Royal Thai Army continues around Thailand and here in Pattaya. With some exceptions, including travel to-and-from airports for those with valid air tickets, everyone must remain off the streets between 10pm and 5am.

On Thursday Night, 2 hours before the 1st night of curfew began, a group of around 100 Red Shirt Protesters gathered in-front of Pattaya City Hall to voice their opposition to the imposition of a Curfew. 50 Police and military officials arrived to maintain law & order but it was thanks to the Deputy Mayor of Pattaya, Khun Ronagit, that the group dispersed without incident after it was agreed they would return on Friday afternoon.

At 4pm on Friday, 50 Red Shirt Supporters, once again, gathered in front of Pattaya City Hall. Over 100 Army and other Security personnel were on-hand to maintain order and thanks to the Deputy Mayor the protesters dispersed for a second time after a promise from the Military personnel to report the protesters concerns to their superiors.

Also present was the Chief of Banglamung District, Khun Sukchai, who told us that he sympathized with business operators who were losing trade due to the Curfew and members of the public who were affected.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/129192/pattaya-curfew-continues-despite-pockets-of-resistance-from-pattaya-red-shirts/#sthash.bnBK3k3X.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-24

The sooner every body obeys the new rules imposed by the military the sooner the curfew can be lifted.

Yes I also think this is true. If everyone ignores it, the Generals will be pissed and leave it in place longer and start arresting people. If he feels confident his authority has been successfully exerted, he will lift it.

The sooner every body obeys the new rules imposed by the military the sooner the curfew can be lifted.

The General said he could stay for 2 years. So u might have to get used to early nightclap2.gif ......

He or it ? You mean Prayuth or the curfew. If he intends to stay in power 2 years, it doesn't mean the curfew will last that long.

BTW, wasn't it supposed to go into retirement later this year ? So he will not Gen. Prayuth anymore, but PM Prayuth ?

Maybe they will find an interim PM in few months.

The General said he could stay for 2 years. So u might have to get used to early nightclap2.gif ......

That would cause another Coup.

jb1

Poor Pattaya officials. Getting to much heat from the bar girls that things are just terrible now! How are they supposed to send money home for their sick buffalos, and ailing grandparents if they can't work. And the sex pats are complaining about not being able to stay drunk all night and screw their "I love you only!" girlfriends.

whistling.gif

This whole curfew thing is really not that disruptive. It is pretty much like a swing shift job. One just puts in his or her shift at a different time. 1st shift, 2nd shift, and 3rd shift. Assuming 24hrs/ day and 8 hour shifts, it all works out. The biggest problem I can see is that, the coup has not ordered the evening temperatures to adhere to the curfew hours. Probably not the worst problem but, certainly the hardest to correct. Maybe big giant air conditioners directed down Beach Rd and then return up 2nd Rd. Might even improve air quality and baht bus mpg.

oc

Good! I hope they do come out to protest. Easier to round them up that way.

I do not support either side - but why should they be arrested just for being red shirts? I understand the need for peace - but if they are not violent - why should they be arrested?

I also support a temporary martial law but I don't agree with the news black out and would like to hear a timetable about when they expect to return to democratic rule.

I do not support either side - but why should they be arrested just for being red shirts? I understand the need for peace - but if they are not violent - why should they be arrested?

I also support a temporary martial law but I don't agree with the news black out and would like to hear a timetable about when they expect to return to democratic rule.

Groups of 5 or more is unlawful at this time.

I would hope at this time that the curfew would be eased, but could see the need for restrictions on travel at night on major highways and areas of possible unrest.

It can't be that Serious Rim ,there isn't a 'Point' Pic anywhere........................

Missed my 3 month stay last November because I considered it was too much C..p going on. Took my wife Europe instead.

I just Love how the BEST way to bring stability to a Country that DEPENDS on Tourism has a MILITARY COUP. - AGAIN

Ah well just some more reasons to bring a Smile to my face in the Land of Smiles.

Hope to get back November. Maybe the 'Quality ' Tourist season will fix it all.. First year we missed since '85 good luck to all the folks in Biz

coffee1.gif .

If there are more than five, round them up!

It can't be that Serious Rim ,there isn't a 'Point' Pic anywhere........................

Missed my 3 month stay last November because I considered it was too much C..p going on. Took my wife Europe instead.

I just Love how the BEST way to bring stability to a Country that DEPENDS on Tourism has a MILITARY COUP. - AGAIN

Ah well just some more reasons to bring a Smile to my face in the Land of Smiles.

Hope to get back November. Maybe the 'Quality ' Tourist season will fix it all.. First year we missed since '85 good luck to all the folks in Biz

coffee1.gif .

Don't be put off coming to Thailand and believe all you might hear about in the Western Media. Yes there has been C..p going on since November but it hasn't affected us Farangs. Even now the curfew is a minor inconvenience, if you want to go out, go out early and come back early. Since the coup in Pattaya I have not seen an increase in police and not seen one member of the Army. Don't let the situation which is beyond our control put you off.

• Like 1

Being a selfish bastard, I love the curfew. Living on Third Road it means I can get a decent night's sleep!

Don't get too used to it.

If the Authoritarians get wind that they are making life easier for you they will change the rules. crazy.gif