Coup good or bad?

Strangebrew

Not being on the ground there at present I can't tell but listening to several news sites where I'm at. So any input from Thai's and non-thai's would be helpful. I can filter the BS from truth myself. Oh and Yes all please be safe and hopes it ends soon.

Consider this. If a branch of a country's government responsible for the majority of major crime; drug trafficking, human trafficking, etc, gained control of the entire country, would it be a good thing? Not talking about Thailand of course...

• Like 2

Well, irrelevant of who side you are on ... it will really depend on how, those currently in control, handle it.

Maybe there are larger issues in play then what appears on the surface.

Such is Thailand.

I don't really trust either side to do what's right for the country as opposed to promoting their own interests. The poor are going to get screwed no matter who wins anyway - as usual.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Yes, and it should stay this way.

In the country of "self", democracy is a no brainer. The military brass is however no different than the politicians who have run the show the last decades. I think a fortune teller in Chiang Mai will be expecting visits again shortly. The military abusing their powers, they will do, will be the chance for the thais to get united again. Hopefully the students will play a role in it later on. Only then a real change for the better can take place.