Veterinary office at Phuket Airport?

keestha

At Suvarnabhumi, there is a veterinary office which can issue health certificates needed for pets (like cats, dogs) going on international flights. Is there anything of the kind at Phuket Airport?

The staff - of an international airport- will only speak English on every other day, and the day you're there, they won't. Most inept govt office I've ever encountered in Thailand, and that is saying something.

The animal hospital next to Phrompan is the place to go for a health certificate for your dog or cat to travel internationally from Phuket. He happened to be my vet for the past almost 8 years. It takes a few days to send the paper work to the Ministry of Agriculture and get it back. It is only good for two weeks from the date of issue. I can't remember how much it was, something like a ฿1,000. But it depends what country you are taking your pet to as they require different tests for some countries...

AFAIK, it is in a temporary office, (due to the building works), near to the cargo building. Just ask at the information office in arrivals or departures.

It is in the cargo building which is behind the terminal, after entering the parking area, head left instead of up the ramp, it's on the second floor and looks to be ensconced there for some time owing to the level of filth.

Last time I asked the Info desk something- where was lost and found- they spent about 10 minutes tryign to find out, and sent me off tothe wrong place anyway, on the bottom floor, where no one had isea of where lost and found was, of course.

Turns out each airline has it's own lost and found. They were really confused when I try to tell them I'd lost something at the baggage claim - my passport.

Finally an announcement came on from Thai Air calling my name and directing me to their office.

My inquiry was on behalf of somebody else. Was told to go to the vet's office accompanied by the cat at the most 1 week before departure, and then go there again 3 days later to pick up the necessary documents. The Veterinarian Department is in the cargo building, but the vet told me it was moved to a different place in there recently. Will find out when I get there, at the end of August. As a rule checking in with a pet you can go at the normal check-in time.

The animal hospital next to Phrompan is the place to go for a health certificate for your dog or cat to travel internationally from Phuket. He happened to be my vet for the past almost 8 years. It takes a few days to send the paper work to the Ministry of Agriculture and get it back. It is only good for two weeks from the date of issue. I can't remember how much it was, something like a ฿1,000. But it depends what country you are taking your pet to as they require different tests for some countries...

Good vet and can do indeed the health certificates.

Only my wife does not like him any more our cat escaped from the clinic while he was there for treatment.

Never to been seen anymore.