Ducati Scrambler 2015

There was never any doubt the Ducati Scrambler was going to sound good. It's using a variant of the same V-twin as the old Monster 796, which always delivered an unmistakable Italian aria once it was uncorked. But nothing prepared us for the aural delights of the new Duc with its first aftermarket can. Oh yes, the Scrambler lust is strong.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/good-god-the-ducati-scrambler-sounds-amazing-1665702060/+travis

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ducati is making a mistake with all this goofy lifestyle branding.

"Diesel" Monsters with a clothing line?

AMG Diavels ?

Hipster Scramblers?

Red Ducati sneakers?

Gag me with a spoon.

Got to go with KTM or MV Agusta now.

So you consider branding and image (or 'lack of' in your case) to be more important than price, quality, servicing network etc. Sounds like you're just as concerned with being 'core as the hipsters are with being hip. Given the pricing of KTM/MV in Thailand, being such a badass might get a bit expensive.

The bike will be good. They just hired the wrong marketing group.

AMG Diavels ?

Hipster Scramblers?

Red Ducati sneakers?

Gag me with a spoon.

So you consider branding and image (or 'lack of' in your case) to be more important than price, quality, servicing network etc. Sounds like you're just as concerned with being 'core as the hipsters are with being hip. Given the pricing of KTM/MV in Thailand, being such a badass might get a bit expensive.

Sales will tell. So far it seems that the demand is pretty high.

AMG Diavels ?

Hipster Scramblers?

Red Ducati sneakers?

Gag me with a spoon.

Sales will tell. So far it seems that the demand is pretty high.

I follow Ducati and I watched the Scrambler launch.

The CEO , and poor engineers / designers that headed the project were on stage & marketing people apparently talked them into wearing the the matching silly looking hipster designer Ducati branded outfits. That was sad.

The lead editor at Revzilla says (http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/listen-to-the-ducati-scramblers-exhaust) he'll be doing a test ride next week, so I guess Ducati has a press event scheduled for that date and we'll get the first ride reports and videos!

He also mentions that the ad campaign seems to have actually gotten the attention of people who are not usually into motorbikes and I think it makes sense, the bike is very casual.

That might be very helpful in terms of sales. Also seems like everyone really likes that exhaust sound from the Termi :)

Found some pricelists for accessories for the Scrambler:

From a New York dealer: http://scrambler.ducatinyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/New-Scrambler-Accessories-USD-WebOptimized.pdf

From a british dealer: ducatistore.co.uk/shop/bike-accessories/scrambler.html

I like the dual Termi but $1.4k is quite a chunk of money for a slip-on! In Thailand that would be something like 45k THB or even more with import duties...

I myself am not 100% satisfied with the looks of the Scrambler but it's a good base. Seems like I'm not the only one and a guy named Po Zhang has put his awesome photo editing skills into creating alternative color schemes and posted them on the scrambler forum: http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/stock-colors-too-hipster-for-me-so-i-paint-my-own-scramblers-pics-inside.1767/

I really like the white one he created and as mentioned earlier, Ducati told me already they can paint it white for something like 7k THB so I might just go for it after riding the stock color a while.

tJwFMZE.jpgRFuoOQq.jpgTTD2n52.jpg

After going to the motorshow and checking it out (as a potential buyer) i wasnt impressed at all .Like others have mentioned ,the rear suspension is extremely soft and the whole bike seems rather budget.Will sell well though .

After going to the motorshow and checking it out (as a potential buyer) i wasnt impressed at all .Like others have mentioned ,the rear suspension is extremely soft and the whole bike seems rather budget.Will sell well though .

Saw it today and agree with the above comments

The first review I could find: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reviews/ducati-scrambler-icon-review/

It doesn't speak much about the actual bike rather than the marketing around it. But they found a couple issues which are disconcerning about the build quality with misrouted throttle cables, a fuel hose that came lose and a wrong signal from the kickstand switch. These test bikes were built in Italy so there's still a chance the Thai built once don't have these problems but I'd be surprised. I feel a bit torn about the bike. Lets see what other reviews show.

The first review I could find: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reviews/ducati-scrambler-icon-review/

It doesn't speak much about the actual bike rather than the marketing around it. But they found a couple issues which are disconcerning about the build quality with misrouted throttle cables, a fuel hose that came lose and a wrong signal from the kickstand switch. These test bikes were built in Italy so there's still a chance the Thai built once don't have these problems but I'd be surprised. I feel a bit torn about the bike. Lets see what other reviews show.

dont think too much about reviews eisfeld. it is a nice ducati retro bike. of course dont expect magnificent levels of dynamism.

I haven't seen a decent review yet. Most articles talk about the dreaded hipsters, lifestyle, branding etc. Kind of understandable given the OTT marketing of the bike but I'd like some more details on how it handles, the power curve, how it corners, range, comfort etc.

I wouldn't buy it anyway (much prefer the Street Triple R or MT-09 if looking at naked bikes) but the journalists seem caught up in the marketing. Anyone read a decent review on the actual bike?

I haven't seen a decent review yet. Most articles talk about the dreaded hipsters, lifestyle, branding etc. Kind of understandable given the OTT marketing of the bike but I'd like some more details on how it handles, the power curve, how it corners, range, comfort etc.

I wouldn't buy it anyway (much prefer the Street Triple R or MT-09 if looking at naked bikes) but the journalists seem caught up in the marketing. Anyone read a decent review on the actual bike?

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2015-ducati-scrambler-first-ride

Thanks Dave, the most detailed review I've read so far and very positive about the bike as well. Sounds like Ducati have backed up the marketing campaign with a pretty good product.

Thanks Dave, the most detailed review I've read so far and very positive about the bike as well. Sounds like Ducati have backed up the marketing campaign with a pretty good product.

Yep.

I also giggled about them questioning whether the fact that the reason the fuel hose came loose was because it was from Italy and if those made in Thailand would have better QC.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite fancy a test ride on one of these. Not that I'd buy one, but they sound pretty fun bikes and I'd like a quick blast on one. I wonder if Ducati are arranging test ride days like they did with the HyperMotard?

Quite fancy a test ride on one of these. Not that I'd buy one, but they sound pretty fun bikes and I'd like a quick blast on one. I wonder if Ducati are arranging test ride days like they did with the HyperMotard?

For sure they will make them available for test rides. Until now they have done that with basically all of their models the last couple of years. At Ducati Tong Lo.

What I love about Ducatis (not all but many models) is the LP holder, combined with the splash guard, I think it's a perfect place for the LP holder.

Love that too. Unfortunately for me, the Hypermotard is one of the few models that doesn't have it.

There's a third party one made by Rizoma but it looks bad and is very expensive ($600 if I recall). I'd think about the price, but I've seen pictures with it installed and it kinda looks like crap. Which might be the reason Ducati didn't do it in the first place - maybe it just doesn't work with this bike.

The monster has it too... sigh.

good review here

Nice marketing video. In particular I love the retro helmet and goggles..giggle.gif

don't think this particular video is a marketing tool for Ducati though i threw up a bit in my mouth seeing all those hipsters . Good thing the journalist riding the bike isn't one and knows what he is talking about.

Edited by pokerkid

good review here

Nice marketing video. In particular I love the retro helmet and goggles..giggle.gif

Some people get drawn in by the marketing. Others get put off by the marketing. Others ignore it and read the specs and reviews :) Sounds a great bike for the combination of touring, light off roading and city riding that many TV riders do.

There is no need to buy the hipster outfit for this bike any more than you need to grow a beard and a gut for a Honda/Harley.

good review here

Some people get drawn in by the marketing. Others get put off by the marketing. Others ignore it and read the specs and reviews smile.png Sounds a great bike for the combination of touring, light off roading and city riding that many TV riders do.

There is no need to buy the hipster outfit for this bike any more than you need to grow a beard and a gut for a Honda/Harley.

Balancing a gut on my Honda's tank means that I'm not putting as much weight on my 'nads.