Canadian man. Thai girlfriend 6 months pregnant

My girlfriend lives in bkk. When i have a half thai half farang baby.. does this open up new doors for me in thailand? Visa, owning land, ect....

Im moving to thailand for 4.5 months november 15th, because i work a seasonal job.. im also wondering if hireing an immagration lawyer to fill out all the visa papers and sponsorship papers is really worth it.... the laywer i had a meeting with gave me a qoute of 8,000... will she pass for the visa no problem now that we have a child together, and see that i send money on a regular basis. Im 24 years of age and she is 25. I make good money for a guy my age. I was in thailand for 3 months when this pregnancy issue happend. So im just trying to make the best of the situation

• Like 1

If she is your girlfriend and not legal wife then you are not the legal father so on that score no.

No difference in terms of owning land. Your kid can, but can't be sold until in it's 20's unless special circumstances and successful petitioning of the court happens. Again you are not the legal father unless married at time of birth, but even if you are it makes no difference to being able to own land.

What visa are you applying for ? If you and/or your girlfriend can read Thai and understand what documents are needed and you meet the criteria then there is no point hiring a lawyer.

• Like 1

Sponsor ship and 3 month visitors visa... laywer told me theres hardly a chance of her getting a visa... but when the babys born it becomes a moral issue he explained... so its easier to get a canadian visa when the kid comes into the picture... im not sure how honest he was about this...maybe trying to get my money he was

Sounds like you work in the oil industry in Alberta, sesional work,

if so and you can prove she is going back to Thailand then you should be able to get the visa and you can financially suport her

try it nothing to lose

You can get an NON Immigrant 90 visa to care for child that can then be extended for a further 60 days at immigration but this is only after the child is born.

Now you can get a tourist visa, 30 day stamp on arrival or if you are 50+ you can apply for a retirement visa

Edited by LuckyLew

My only comment to you is about hiring a lawyer for the paper work for her to go to canada,,dont waste your money .

There is a lot of paper work involved but it is easy to follow. you can get it on the Canadian govt web site.

Easily done i have done it my self I am from Canada also

It does not speed up the process because you have a lawyer

Just sent in my daughters citizenship a month ago. And sending my wife's PR next week when I get back to Canada. Kill the lawyer idea. They not do much for the money. And there is no real benefit. Contact me of you need advice
  • Like 1

Lets see, your 24year old Thai girl friend is pregnant with your child and you want to get her to Canada. You could probably get her a Visitor Visa if you can prove you have a job and the funds to support her while she visits and she has a return ticket. The both of you are quite young and will probably need to have an interview with a Councilor at the Canadian Embassy. Years ago I once brought my Thai girl friend for 3 weeks to Canada and went through this process successfully. There's quite a back ground check list too. Dress sharp, be confident but expect the worst as they will be looking at this as like you want her to stay in Canada long time. If you married its a bit easier but still difficult. Good luck.

Oh, you should know that you don't have to be married for your child to become Canadian. But she will have to declare on the birth certificate you are the father. Also its much easier for you to stay here in Thailand than it is for her to stay in Canada.

Edited by RBOP

To get her to Canada you must have proof of a developing relationship - pictures, emails, etc. Document everything even save your grocery and utility bills. Document any support payments to her. You must prove that you have the resources to support her for 5 years in Canada. Medical proof of you being the father of her child would be helpful.

Her knowledge of English and Canada will be helpful. Enrolling in courses particular to her strengths in Canada will also be helpful. At least be aware and obtain brochures of courses such as English for new Canadians, support courses for new Canadians, support courses for new mothers. These will have an added benefit of getting her to network with others in similar situations. I believe there is a technical college in Ft. MacMurray and perhaps a syllabus from there would be of interest to her.

Be sure to follow all the recommendations of the Canadian Embassy and Canada immigration. Obtain these as soon as possible.

Rejection the first time increases the chances of her being rejected again so it is very important to get it all right the first time.

If your girlfriend is moving to Ft. MacMurray her culture shock will be great, so you must prepare her for the huge differences or she will return shortly.

Yes I do agree about proving of the developing relationship. But her needing to be enrolled in English class is not important. As for trying for a visitor visa, you can try but I doubt you will get it. I think if you want to be a family together then get married. Reason why I say this is because you two have not been together for two years. Because you haven't you cannot sponsor her under the family sponsorship program. But you are married you can apply under the family sponsorship program.

On last thing, you don't need to be married to be on the birth certificate. My wife and I were not married when my daughter was born. And my name is on here birth certificate.

My sister married a Cambodian guy. Took 2.5 years to get him to Canada. He arrived in Vancouver 4 months ago. She did all

the paper work herself. Seems the Canadian government takes your application and parks it in a holding file and waits 18-24

months to see if the marriage is legitimate and then starts to process the application. Best of luck on sorting through the

process, and try to remain patient. Governments never work quickly and while you my think things are urgent they do not.

If you are sure the baby is yours, then wait for the DNA test. Reason is if Canadian immigration thinks that the baby is not yours while doing the baby's Canadian citizenship they will request the DNA test. No point in paying for it twice if not need to.

I suget you do as me, hired a lawyer do prepare all paper and translation. It cost me a total of 3000 bath. Also check with your embassy. I'm Norwegian and it was a straight forward process to registrer him as a Norwegian with Norwegian passport.

Good luck to you and your baby ,

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand