Phuket Gov set to tackle stinking Kamala klong

webfact

People that come on the Phuket forum , where most of the posters live in Phuket, and verbally trash the place; what reaction do you expect?

Especially as we know that 95% of the place is still beautiful. We KNOW that because we live here.

Edited by LivinginKata
insul;ts removed

Sewage pours out onto Kamala beaches from three different sources, the two main klongs and this smaller klong at the North end of the beach. I think that's minor compared to the other two.

I've walked the beach every day for four years and never seen it this bad. With the rains, raw sewage washes out.

The building just continues with no infrastructure to back it up. This is an ecological disaster.

• Like 1

it's easy find those there are responsibility then i do not mean private people I talk about company cemical industri it's them there are responsibility to the problems. they have to pay for clean up everything jailtime and big tickets

As someone who lives in Phuket and gets tired of Phuket haters, I couldn't find anything in the Thailand news forum about this looking over 3 page of Thailand news stories via the ctrl f function of windows. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/18-thailand-news/

Go to Thailand News, click on Thailand Live Tuesday 27 May 2014 and then scroll down to post #47. Definitely there, hope this helps. My apologies to the people of Phuket for reading personal mail.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The island is nothing more than a filthy toilet and nothing like what you see TAT promotional leaflets. It stinks and filthy why people waste their money going there I will never know. Went once and never ever again. Sewage bowl.

What you say may be true about parts of the island, especially if you only visit the sleaze pit called Patong, it is definitely not true about the whole of Phuket. There are many beautiful parts of the island that are relatively pristine, and many very nice people as well.

I agree that there are many very nice people in Phuket but I am interested to know where the "relatively pristine" parts of the island are, especially when it comes to the beaches.

Laem Ka, Mai Khao, Nai Thon, Banana beach to name just a few, not hard to find if you go looking

A while ago, Kamala would have been on your list, now look at it.

Given the fast rate of construction here, how long do you give the beaches you mention before they become sewers for the new resorts and hotels built on and/or near them?

Then, all Phuket will have left to promote is the sex, sleaze, drugs and alcohol, the same as Pattaya.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1