Argentina....argentina.....wooow 6-0

LaoPo

NO WORDS to describe this unbelievable Argentina.

They humiliated Serbia & Montenegro...

Is there a team who can beat them??? :o

It will be difficult for Holland, next wednesday... :D

This was without any doubt the BEST PLAY and BEST TEAM so far on the entire World Cup.

They are magic....

LaoPo

England of course. Argentina was good, but I think its more a case of Serbia being rubbish.

:oyour humor is brilliant, Brit...just brilliant :D

LaoPo

NO WORDS to describe this unbelievable Argentina.

They humiliated Serbia & Montenegro...

Is there a team who can beat them??? :o

It will be difficult for Holland, next wednesday... :D

This was without any doubt the BEST PLAY and BEST TEAM so far on the entire World Cup.

They are magic....

LaoPo

second everything you say, you look at argentina then look at england, common sense tells you what team is class

second everything you say, you look at argentina then look at england, common sense tells you what team is class

Glad you agree England is class above!!! Cheers!!!! :D

:o

LaoPo

:D:D 26.....26 what?

At a certain moment he Argentinians played the ball 26 times around each other and made the defence of S&B look like kids and than hit the net....

That was a magnificent action never seen on a World Cup game.

Did you guys see the 'reborn' Maradona ? :D he was enjoying himself wasn't he ?...smoking one of Fidels' cigars. :o

Were we looking at the new WC Champs??? :D

LaoPo

At a certain moment he Argentinians played the ball 26 times around each other and made the defence of S&B look like kids and than hit the net....

Did you guys see the 'reborn' Maradona ? :D he was enjoying himself wasn't he ?...smoking one of Fidels' cigars. :o

LaoPo

It sounds like you're convinced mate. Realistically speaking these early games with such shows of skill and cohesion rarely indicate who the eventual winners are. A slow build up with peaking at the right time is the way to win a tournament. I would take Holland to beat Argentina next week.

:D

LaoPo

It sounds like you're convinced mate. Realistically speaking these early games with such shows of skill and cohesion rarely indicate who the eventual winners are. A slow build up with peaking at the right time is the way to win a tournament. I would take Holland to beat Argentina next week.

I would like to believe your'e right here Chona but the betting agencies (especially in the UK) are putting Argentina on top now after the 6-0.

They had 3 substitute players coming in and ALL three scored a goal :D ...the players they have sitting as reserve players are a #1 team on itself.

I haven't seen one team (after 23 matches) playing as they were playing, but maybe they have a bad day next week...who knows? :D

But I hope you're right :D of course I am :D

LaoPo

You really think the Argies will waltz though us like they did S&M. 555555555555555555. They thought that once before.

I have a funny feeling John Terry might have something to say about that. We'll make their forwards look like Marjorie Proops & Christine Keeler. Then of course it would be

" Don't cry for me Marge and Tina"

LaoPo

IMO , Argentina is not too much interested in beating to Holland .Now Argentina is classified and we won't come at home early. According to Pekerman ,Crespo and Saviola won't play in the next game .

The Argies look very good. It's too early to declare them Champions though. Some of the other teams will gradually gather steam and games will get much tighter in the later stages.

Agree 100% with you Tarragonna.

Argentina looked good agaist a poor team. "Monkey Boy" Kezman showed exactley why he was discarded by Chelsea..and Crespo showed why hes still there..even if he does not want to be!

England will come good as the tournamant progresses..

Its not that long ago that we BEAT Argentina..and we can do it again :o

Yeah, Serbia were poor, but it was a class performance by Argentina. I think they've overtaken Brazil as the team to beat. One poster considers brazil overrated, I agree, the bookies were offering 5/2, on their current form that's pretty poor. I've got England at 17/2 anyway, try getting that now. :o

Edited by konangrit

Wow, Ladbrokes have brought Argentina right down to 4/1, forget what they were yesterday, but something like 7-8/1, Brazil drift to 3/1 from 5/2 and England to 11/2 from 5/1. That match has had a big impact on the markets.

In the whole qualifying campain, Serbia Montenegro conceded 1 goal. Last night Argentina just passed their way through the Serbia defence making them look like amateurs. Argentina's perfomance was the best so far in the World Cup. If they continue to play like that, they will take a lot of stopping. :o

Serbia Montenegro were no slouches in the qualifiers and their group wans't that easy. I'm still amazed how Argentina just blew past them so easily.

:o I think it's quite cute how the hyperbole of the English here goes from one team to another; Bring on the Gerrys or We beat the Argies before, we'll do it again . . . . :D

Confidence is good.

Saw an interview with Neville the other day and he mentioned that "

England don't have the right to believe it will be an easy stroll to the WC . . . Brazil have won it 5 times, Germany and Italy 3 times, Argentina twice . . . those are the jerseys with the multiple starts on the left side. they have the right to think of the finals."
(Not quoting verbatim) Not a dumb man . . .

I think England can go quite far, unless they meet Germany in the next round, but expecting too much is akin to digging your own hole.

Yeah, I heard that from Neville and thought it was a load of rubbish. So what if Brazil have won it 5 times, Germany 3 times, Argentina twice, etc? The last time Argentina won it was in 1986. How many players from that 1986 cup winning side are still playing or coaching now? Exactly, no-one: it's a completely different team now in every way.

Similarly for Germany, not having won it since 1990 and I think Neville mentioned Italy in the same interview - they haven't won it since as far back as 1982! OK, it's a fair point to mention Brazil as they're holders, but not any other team I don't think - even France, who won in 1998, are thought of as being past their best when they field a few players from that cup winning side.

It's similar to people bringing in old stats and mentioning past vicories over teams in the early seventies (or whatever), as if they have any relevance today.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...but I believe Brazil have not won the Cup in Europe in over 47 years.

Statistics BAHHHH

Yeah, but all their players play in Europe nowadays, which didn't use to be the case. It's not really a disadvantage to them anymore.

From BBC Sport:

Crespo says England are a threat

Argentina striker Hernan Crespo insists England are still a threat at the World Cup, despite two below-par performances from Sven-Goran Eriksson's side.

"England had a problem with beating Trinidad and Tobago but they deserved to win and I know them - they are very dangerous," said the Chelsea forward.

Spain and Italy have also impressed Crespo, who added that Argentina will not get carried away with a fine start.

"We are really happy with our displays, but we need to be calm," he stated.

The 30-year-old scored in the 6-0 drubbing handed out to Serbia and Montenegro on Friday, which will serve to reinforce Argentina's tag as favourites in many quarters.

But Crespo said: "We are not thinking so much about being favourites.

"We have only played two matches. We showed good football but this is only the beginning of the tournament. We need to be calm.

"I'm sure there are a few teams that can win it. Brazil are still the favourites for me."

Argentina's next game is against Holland in Frankfurt on Wednesday, when the two countries will battle it out for top spot in Group C, with a match against either the winner or runner-up of Group D to follow in the second round.

"It is important we win the group," said Crespo.

"I don't know about the draw but we take confidence in our performance."

If Argentina and England both win their groups, they will avoid each other at the quarter-final stage and set up a possible final meeting - if both reach that stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...but I believe Brazil have not won the Cup in Europe in over 47 years.

Statistics BAHHHH

Yeah, but all their players play in Europe nowadays, which didn't use to be the case. It's not really a disadvantage to them anymore.

Funnily enough just seen this mentioned on the news. Only 2 of the 23 players play in Brazil, in 1982 all of their players played in Brazil.