Pattaya Nightlife begins its return to 'normality' following changes to curfew times

webfact

Pattaya Nightlife begins its return to 'normality' following changes to curfew times

curfew-15.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Tuesday Night, The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) announced a change to the Curfew times which was welcomed by many, including owners of entertainment venues in Pattaya who have seen a drop in revenue since the NCPO imposed a curfew starting at 10pm.

Earlier pressure from the Tourism Authority of Thailand and other Tourism Associations is thought to have been a factor in the Councils decision to amend the curfew times, despite the continuing anti-coup demonstrations around the Kingdom, especially in Bangkok.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/129633/pattaya-nightlife-begins-its-return-to-normality-following-changes-to-curfew-times/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-28

• Like 1

"Normality" used to mean that bars were required to turn their music off between 06-10:00, but didn't have to stop serving. Essentially many bars were open 24/7. I remember leaving bars at 11/12 at night, and then jogging along Walking Street at 6 the next morning and seeing the same (bored) girls and sometimes the same (drunk) tourists still sitting in the bar.

(Ahhh the "good old days" when I used to drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney and boink like a horny rabbit, then go for a morning run up to the Big Buddha and back and barely be out of breath !)

The extra couple of hours will help a lot of business's out, not just the bars. Malls, restaurants and cinemas will benefit as well. An hour earlier in the morning will help a lot of non-bar types out as well. Not sure how effective a 4 hour curfew then becomes though, other than helping make sure some people get more sleep than they normally would.

Well done to Private Dancer for putting on an "Oldies Night". Music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Stuff I haven't heard of for ages. Stevie Ray Vaughan in particular stood out for me.

As the curfew was still in place they were open from early doors. I went in at 7pm, and by 8pm the place was rocking. I was sorry to have to leave early due to the curfew closing time. Let's hope that they make it a regular event. The Oldies Night, not the curfew!

Interesting how the conventional wisdom is that "Tourism is only a very small part of the Thai economy" but when that "tiny" segment declines, the Thais are quick to complain smile.png

Might be because police officers own a lot of that "tourism" and it was hurting them.

First time I've ever seen the words 'Pattaya' and 'Normality' used in the same sentence.

Normality for Pattaya is an exception, not a rule...smile.png

I would prefer the word regular or regularity in lieu of normal or normality. It might receive fewer comments than "normal".

I did notice the headline had normality in quotation marks. Perhaps the writer came up with the caption tongue-in-cheek.

Edited by Benmart

. I remember leaving bars at 11/12 at night, and then jogging along Walking Street at 6 the next morning and seeing the same (bored) girls and sometimes the same (drunk) tourists still sitting in the bar.

I'm sure you wanted to say, you were still sitting drunk in the bar at 6 in the morning, and saw the guy jogging past who you had seen leaving the previous night . biggrin.png

I`m finding it better with the curfew, seems more atmosphere to the place, maybe not so for the holidayers, but people know they have a till bars shut, and are making do and dealing with it, I think your gonna get a better time with the ladies and longer ,lol, no out all night getting smashed and trying to perform when rat assed,, just feels a nicer vibe, but then that`s just my opinion,

I`m finding it better with the curfew, seems more atmosphere to the place, maybe not so for the holidayers, but people know they have a till bars shut, and are making do and dealing with it, I think your gonna get a better time with the ladies and longer ,lol, no out all night getting smashed and trying to perform when rat assed,, just feels a nicer vibe, but then that`s just my opinion,

Who are you performing for? She wants it over as quick as possible!

Well done to Private Dancer for putting on an "Oldies Night". Music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Stuff I haven't heard of for ages. Stevie Ray Vaughan in particular stood out for me.

As the curfew was still in place they were open from early doors. I went in at 7pm, and by 8pm the place was rocking. I was sorry to have to leave early due to the curfew closing time. Let's hope that they make it a regular event. The Oldies Night, not the curfew!

I thought every night was 'Oldies Night' in Pattaya. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Well said, that man! A great night but for the curfew.

All credit also to boss man Ricky for the hard work he has put in over the last week to try and prevent it being a total washout for short-term holidaymakers.

And no, I do not have any interest in this bar except as a paying, and grateful, customer.

First time I've ever seen the words 'Pattaya' and 'Normality' used in the same sentence.

Damn straight Pattaya is not normal. Why do you think we live there?

Pattayan and Proud!!!biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

Edited by MZurf
  • Like 1