Isaan farmers meeting number 11 at the end of June 2014

As suggested earlier, I will be the host of the next Isaan farmers meeting, and Saturday 28th of June is the proposed date, as it will be 3 months since the last meeting at Packdee's mushroom farm.

Our farm is located in the south of Ubon Ratchathani Province close to the border with Cambodia, and we had a good meeting here in February 2012.

Our farm was originally a fruit farm, and we still have a good variety of fruit trees, but today we also grow rubber and cassava, and have a small resort with a lush garden area. Please check out http://www.suanloongdaengfarmstay.com

We have a few rooms available at our farm stay, and there are more resorts nearby for those who want to stay the night.

Further details regarding food, drink, accommodation and activities will follow

Cheers! biggrin.png

• Like 2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bergen,

Count me in for the meeting on 28 June and please book me a bungalow room with AC and en-suite. Not sure if there will be just me or two of us - problems getting someone to feed the various animals, not to mention feeding our daughter and a disabled relative! Cheers WF

Hi Bergen,

Count me in for the meeting on 28 June and please book me a bungalow room with AC and en-suite. Not sure if there will be just me or two of us - problems getting someone to feed the various animals, not to mention feeding our daughter and a disabled relative! Cheers WF

Sounds good WF! Looking forward to seeing you again!

• Like 1

DaveHKT has been in contact with me, and will sponsor beer for this meeting as well as he has done for several previous meetings.

A very generous move from Dave again and we're all very grateful! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

hi bergen,

ive never been to one and ive been a member on here for many a year, but i think this one im going to be able to come,

i would want a bungalow for me and the wife,

i would be great to finaly put faces to all the names,,lol

jake

hi bergen,

ive never been to one and ive been a member on here for many a year, but i think this one im going to be able to come,

jake

Sounds great Jake! Looking forward to seeing you!! thumbsup.gif

I've reserved one bungalow for you and one for WF! biggrin.png

• Like 1

thank you very much,

if youve got a barbi and want half a pig i could have one slaughterd,,??

I'll check with Mrs. Bergen and get back to you..............biggrin.png

Sadly, I'm back in the (not so wild) West so I need a stand-in please for me ... a doppelgänger.

Someone who will drink more then his share of the beer then approach strangers and engage in conversation with them, generally corvort, raise a little mischief, laugh and smile a lot.

Retire tactfully to bed once the powers of conversation has left him ... drunk.gif

Awake to the bright lights of the morning only to look sheepishly around his fellow merrymakers of the night before to see if any apologies were required ... w00t.gif

Mr Bergen ... I'm sure that you will be an excellent host.

hi bergen,

jake

Jake ... ya gotta go ... good bunch of guys.

• Like 2

Sadly, I'm back in the (not so wild) West so I need a stand-in please for me ... a doppelgänger.

Someone who will drink more then his share of the beer then approach strangers and engage in conversation with them, generally corvort, raise a little mischief, laugh and smile a lot.

Retire tactfully to bed once the powers of conversation has left him ... drunk.gif

Awake to the bright lights of the morning only to look sheepishly around his fellow merrymakers of the night before to see if any apologies were required ... w00t.gif

Mr Bergen ... I'm sure that you will be an excellent host.

hi bergen,

jake

Jake ... ya gotta go ... good bunch of guys.

Sorry you can't join us this time David, we sure had a good few hours last time biggrin.png

• Like 1

HI Bergen,

Thanks so much for holding the Isaan Farmers Meeting No. 11.

I very much regret that I will be over in England at that time attending a niece's wedding, as well as doing my annual round of grandchildren in both England and the US.

I so enjoyed the last one which you held about 2 years ago. As I say, I sadly I won't be with you but highly recommend others, who can, to go and enjoy their time with you.

All the best,

AA1.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks so much for holding the Isaan Farmers Meeting No. 11.

I very much regret that I will be over in England at that time attending a niece's wedding, as well as doing my annual round of grandchildren in both England and the US.

I so enjoyed the last one which you held about 2 years ago. As I say, I sadly I won't be with you but highly recommend others, who can, to go and enjoy their time with you.

All the best,

AA1.

Sorry you can't be here in person AA1, but you'll be here in spirit, we'll keep in touch, and thanks for nice words!! thumbsup.gif

There will be no specific topic at this meeting, but for those interested in different kinds of farming, gardening, house building and farm/house stay, you'll have a great opportunity to talk to like minded people, and our house will be open for anyone interested! biggrin.png

Hi Bergen,

Pat and I would like to come, please can we book a bungalow for the night as well. Look forward to seeing you again on the 28th

John

John will be good to seeing you again, 1 room is reserved for you! thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

Hi everyone.

In addition to those who are joining from the farming forum, quite a few more has signed up, so our rooms are filled up.

If you want to stay the night, the Ratchawadee Resort is just 5 km away from us, and their number is: 080 098 1813

Come on guys - what are you waiting for? It'll be interesting and fun! welcomeani.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by bergen

Hi Bergen,

Pupay & I will be coming for the Isaan Farmers' Meeting. Sorry I replied so late that we cannot stay at your place. I will contact Ratchawadee Resort. I will bring a couple cases of Leo as I neglected to do so for the last get-together at Pakdee's.

Is Route 24 the best way coming from the west? We will be coming from Nakhon Nayok via Prachinburi.

We look forward to seeing everyone from last meeting & some new faces.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Bergen,

Pupay & I will be coming for the Isaan Farmers' Meeting. Sorry I replied so late that we cannot stay at your place. I will contact Ratchawadee Resort. I will bring a couple cases of Leo as I neglected to do so for the last get-together at Pakdee's.

Is Route 24 the best way coming from the west? We will be coming from Nakhon Nayok via Prachinburi.

We look forward to seeing everyone from last meeting & some new faces.

Cheers,

Dave

That's great Dave,looking forward to seeing you, Pupay, and the Leo s.............

Yes follow 24 and turn right at 221 to Khantaralak. (left goes to Sisaket)

25 km after Kantharalak on 221, turn left on 2248 (a bit of widening road work going on), and we are 20 km away on the right hand side! biggrin.png

Hi everyone.

In addition to those who are joining from the farming forum, quite a few more has signed up, so our rooms are filled up.

If you want to stay the night, the Ratchawadee Resort is just 5 km away from us, and their number is: 080 098 1813

Come on guys - what are you waiting for? It'll be interesting and fun! welcomeani.gifbiggrin.png

Hi; Bergen. As per our phone conversation last week . Is the room I booked still available ? I need to make sure, as the wife will be coming along as well,

Hi everyone.

Hi; Bergen. As per our phone conversation last week . Is the room I booked still available ? I need to make sure, as the wife will be coming along as well,

Hi ib1b4

Yes the room you booked earlier is reserved for you, so everything is ok biggrin.png !

Hi everyone.

Hi ib1b4

Yes the room you booked earlier is reserved for you, so everything is ok biggrin.png !

Thank you for that. I am looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting some new ones as well.

Hi Bergen, I have been calling the resort down the road , NO LUCK. Have you rung them lately ?Are there any other Resorts in the area ? If so ,could you please post their phone NO'S one this site Thanks H R.

Hi HRKHAMYAI

Will get back to you ASAP! biggrin.png

Hi Bergen, I have been calling the resort down the road , NO LUCK. Have you rung them lately ?Are there any other Resorts in the area ? If so ,could you please post their phone NO'S one this site Thanks H R.

Hi HRKHAMYAI

Will get back to you ASAP! biggrin.png

I've just been down to the resort and was given this number: 08 84790537

+ the one from earlier: 08 00981813

Hope you have better luck now! TiT..........biggrin.png

Sorry fellows. I would love to see Bergen's place and be there with you all. But sadly I can't make it this time.

@ Bergen: Please make some good pics. No more excuses on dead batteries this time.sad.pngsmile.png

You'll be missed Dancealot, but hope to see you down here at some time!

Will post pics for sure! rolleyes.gif