Isaan farmers meeting number 11 at the end of June 2014

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bergen,

I've just been given my domestic/household chores for the next two weeks. Once again I won't be able to attend an IFM...hopefully next time.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.

Hi Dave, sorry you can't make it!

We'll just have to drink your sponsored beer and agree that you're a great guy! biggrin.png

Hi guys

It's a just a week until the farm meeting, and the numbers look good!

Here is a possible agenda:

Arrive whenever suitable, but for those who come for lunch, there will be some free food served around 13.00.

Free beer available to all from arrival.

We'll have a walk around our farm, possibly after lunch, but at any time if wanted.

Free beer will be available until empty, and additional food, soft drinks, beer, wine and more can be bought from our restaurant, for lunch, dinner, or breakfast. We have a swimming pool if you want to cool off, and a pool table for those interested later in the evening.

It is not too late to join in, so come on - the more the better! welcomeani.gif

Hello Bergen. I'll be there alongwith ever-loving wife. A toute a l'heure, Johnny.

Sounds great Johnny. Looking forward to seeing you! thumbsup.gif

Any chance someone will post a few happy snaps of the meeting?

I'd like that ... thumbsup.gif

Will do David! biggrin.png

Khun Bergen ... I have searched deep into my 'likes' bag and I am sad to say ... I have none left to offer up as apprecation.

Please accept a Boxing Kangaroo as a token of my appreciation ... kangaroo-boxer-1.gif.pagespeed.ce.pCGhgJ

Hi ib1b4

I use 3 different ways from Ubon to my place............

1: go 24 to Det Udom, go through D U, and after 10km on 2192 turn left onto 2171 to Nam Yun, and we are on 2248, 13 km west of NM

2: 24 to Det U, turn right follow 24 and after 15 km turn left on 2214 through Nam Khun, then right onto 2248, and we are 6km ahead on the left/east hand side..........

3: 2178 to Kantharalak, go south on 221 towards Khao Phra Viharn, and after 25 km, turn left/east onto 2248, and we are 25 km on the right hand side............biggrin.png

Did get back to Thailand in time after all. But found that I am committed to take Ann to Ubon in the am for dental work. Alternative chauffeur search around the family has proved fruitless and, after 2 weeks away, she deserves a little attention from me anyway (although it has taken me 2 hours of minor sulking to arrive at that conclusionsmile.png). Serves me right for not sharing plans before I left but I half-expected not to be back in time!

Anyway - I hope to join y'all for dinner in the late afternoon/early evening, even if that means going light on the beers.

Did get back to Thailand in time after all. But found that I am committed to take Ann to Ubon in the am for dental work. Alternative chauffeur search around the family has proved fruitless and, after 2 weeks away, she deserves a little attention from me anyway (although it has taken me 2 hours of minor sulking to arrive at that conclusionsmile.png). Serves me right for not sharing plans before I left but I half-expected not to be back in time!

Anyway - I hope to join y'all for dinner in the late afternoon/early evening, even if that means going light on the beers.

See you when you're here SantiSuk burp.gif

Yes it's Friday today, and just one day to go for the 11th Isaan farmers gathering.

Still time to join, if there's any who hasn't made their mind up!

The sponsored beer have already been put on ice, and the host is sober and ready...........laugh.png

welcomeani.gif and see you all biggrin.png

Damm I wish I was there.

Jealous as all get out.

Enjoy all ... Khun Bergen ... I'm sure it will be a blast (and informative).

Don't for get the photos ... and don't be afraid to include a few better halves ... laugh.png

Yes it's Friday today, and just one day to go for the 11th Isaan farmers gathering.

Still time to join, if there's any who hasn't made their mind up!

The sponsored beer have already been put on ice, and the host is sober and ready...........laugh.png

welcomeani.gif and see you all biggrin.png

The host being sober won't last long cheesy.gif

Cheers and enjoy burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

We not long got home from a wonderful Sat/Sunday morning at Tronds resort /Farm meeting I think a great time was had by all who attended A lovely farm visit ,plenty to eat, drink and good company all around, A big thanks to

host '' BERGIN ''. lOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT MEETING in 3 months time ( where ever it may be....).

Bergen:- you were an excellent host for an excellent meeting, thank-you. clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifWe won't blame you for the stormy weather! Thanks are also due to our wonderful, but as yet un-met beer sponsor DaveHKT, burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif we hope that sometime you'll manage to get to a meeting so that we can all meet you and thank you personally.

It was good to see many old friends and to meet some new friends, including the intrepid couple from Bangkok who came all the way just for the meeting.

Let's hope we get a volunteer for the next meeting in say three months time. WF

Edited by WormFarmer

Yet, another succesfull farmers meeting then!thumbsup.gif

Excellent, guys.smile.png

Yes it was a very good meeting hosted by Bergen at Suan Loong Daeng Home Stay, Thanks to Trond , his staff and all the participants and their better halves for making the meeting so enjoyable.

• Like 1

Thanks for the good comments!

I really enjoyed the company of all, and thought things went well!

Here are a few pics from the event: biggrin.png

post-24958-0-80602800-1404197890_thumb.j post-24958-0-07915900-1404197767_thumb.j

post-24958-0-81822000-1404197955_thumb.j post-24958-0-70922200-1404197988_thumb.j

post-24958-0-09034900-1404198031_thumb.j post-24958-0-39136400-1404198127_thumb.j

post-24958-0-30202800-1404198170_thumb.j post-24958-0-58940100-1404198240_thumb.j

post-24958-0-42464900-1404198267_thumb.j post-24958-0-50200400-1404198340_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi Bergen,

A hearty if belated thank you for being such an excellent host. We really enjoyed ourselves, Happy to say that I spent nearly all day Monday sorting out the various plants and cuttings we got from your wife and mother in law, and I am sure they will make colourful contributions to our garden in due course. Many thanks to all.

John

Dear Khun Bergen ... thanks so much for the photos ... there were some familiar faces amongst the crew.

I'm sure it was a blast!

I won't be back in Thailand till November(ish) ... staying till mid-Jan

... I sure hope there is another Farmers meeting during that time.

So many people to meet,

so much beer to drink,

so many stories to swap,

... so little time.

Hi Bergen,

A hearty if belated thank you for being such an excellent host. We really enjoyed ourselves, Happy to say that I spent nearly all day Monday sorting out the various plants and cuttings we got from your wife and mother in law, and I am sure they will make colourful contributions to our garden in due course. Many thanks to all.

John

Thanks John, and I guess I'll see you soon with a butterfly net? biggrin.png

Edited by bergen