Prince Charles stirs controversy with warning over climate

webfact

Prince Charles stirs controversy with warning over climate
Belinda Goldsmith

London: Prince Charles has warned business leaders to take action against climate change or watch the world continue on a path to destruction - the latest forthright comment from the heir to the British throne in a month when his views have caused political and diplomatic waves.

Charles sparked a diplomatic spat last week by comparing Russian President Vladimir Putin to Adolf Hitler, with some lawmakers calling for the 65-year-old prince to keep his personal opinions private.

But he showed on Tuesday he is determined to voice his opinions, calling on an audience of global business leaders to take tough choices over climate change and capitalism even if it made them unpopular. He said the world was at the mercy of people vociferously and aggressively denying the current operating model was accelerating climate change which could destroy the world.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/prince-charles-stirs-controversy-with-warning-over-climate-20140528-zrqhu.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-05-28

• Like 2

He speaks more good sense than the rest of his family put together.

My vote goes to Her Majesty and not His Royal Highness Prince Charles - the usual philandering Prince of Wales as our history has shown. God help the monarchy if HRH Prince Charles becomes king - it will be doomed. HRH Prince William should be the next monarch.

Does anyone remember Henry Hudson? Searching for a Northwest Passage, his path was blocked by ice until he got as far south as Hudson Bay, where I believe he ultimately died after being set adrift by his mutinous crew.

Had he waited a few hundred years, the way from Greenland to Asia would have been open in late summer.

The Arctic bordering nations are planning for shipping even now. Russia is claiming territorial rights due to a sea mount string originating in their boundaries stretching to the North. Stay tuned, it's hard to argue with thermometers, they don't care.

The world is doomed, the sky is falling. Humans will be extinct by 5098. YAWN !

I am sorry neverdie! You usually have sensible comments but but the above is just not one of them. Do some serious research and not just look at or listen to climate change doubters. Winter begins in Australia in another 4 days. In Victoria - one of our coldest states the roses are still in flower. My brother's elm tree hasn't even begun to lose its leaves. Melbourne has just has a record run of days OVER 20 degrees - I think it is 15 days - and it is winter in a few days. Reports like this are coming in from all over the world and yet people like you are still in denial.

I am 70 years old. When I was a kid in the Mallee of Victoria it was big news if we had 2 or 3 days over [then 100 degrees F] 37 degrees C. Now in the Mallee and elsewhere they have 7 or 8 days in a row over and up to the mid 40's C.

• Like 2

Melbourne has just has a record run of days OVER 20 degrees - I think it is 15 days - and it is winter in a few days. Reports like this are coming in from all over the world and yet people like you are still in denial.

Lake Superior has just posted a record amount of residual ice for this time of year - and it is summer in a few days. Reports etc etc blah blah all over world blah denial blah blah. The rest of the Great Lakes are in the same state

lake_superior_memorial_day_ice_zpsdbf7e1

The Green/Left regards its own opinions as fact, and everybody else's facts as opinions.

• Like 2

But he showed on Tuesday he is determined to voice his opinions, calling on an audience of global business leaders to take tough choices over climate change and capitalism even if it made them unpopular.

So he is anti capitalist?

Part of his income comes from The Duchy of Cornwall.

This from the Guardian newspaper.

Duchy of Cornwall's tax exemptions 'may give unfair advantage over rivals'

Commons public accounts committee calls for investigation into Prince of Wales's estate, which generates £28.8m a year

Source http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/05/duchy-of-cornwall-tax-prince-wales-charles

As. I have said before he could make a start by cutting down on his own carbon footprint. Pedal cycles,electric cars and a lot less travelling would be a start plus more videoconference to deliver his crackpot views.

Thankfully we have William waiting in the wings.

Edited by Jay Sata

The Prince is the product of several hundred years of enthusiastic inbreeding between selected royal personages across Europe, and concentrated in the person of Christian IX of Denmark, who is rightly dubbed 'the father-in-law' of European royalty.

His utterances should be seen in that light; he's not always wrong, but by the same token, a blind pig finds an acorn occasionally.

• Like 1

Prince Charles has to remind everyone about the subject yet again because brave and outspoken scientists are discovering that “global warming”, or now called “climate change” because global warming was discovered a lie, is all about deceit in order to introduce carbon taxes worldwide, only so that the elite can enrich themselves some more! As to Prince Charles having the audacity to call on the people to sacrifice themselves some more makes me utterly sick because he does not deprive himself. Wasn’t it he that suggested some time ago that everyone should only have one bath a week and yet I bet his bathtub is as big as a swimming pool!

First they said that carbon was the cause of global warming – funny that because I was taught in school years ago that without carbon dioxide plants and trees would not grow (hence no food for us!) and without the plants and trees we would all die because plants actually create oxygen for us to breathe. It has been proven that the more carbon dioxide there is, the more enriched nature is and the more food there is available – but of course we mustn’t say that must we because we might not find an excuse to not help the starving in the world. Hmmmmm, I wonder whether I should go back and find my biology teacher to tell him he made a mistake. It’s bizarre that all those that repeated the lessons taught in school at that time passed their GCE exams in biology!

Secondly, they changed the name to climate change because 3000 expert scientists stood up a decade ago and said it was not true. Hmmmmmmmm, have to convince the public despite this mustn’t we so along comes Prince Charles to remind us that climate change is ‘true’! And don’t forget all those e-mail boxes that were hacked into only to be found that this climate change was a farce and an excuse to tax the people so more pockets could be filled.

Did the believers of climate change not know about these things? There is more to be told but I would only bore you no doubt with pages and pages of information, so if you want to know more about so-called climate change, an natural event that has been happening for millions of years, please refer to Lord Monckton’s discourses, at least he is a man who knows what it is all about and has researched the subject thoroughly.

• Like 2

The world is doomed, the sky is falling. Humans will be extinct by 5098. YAWN !

I am sorry neverdie! You usually have sensible comments but but the above is just not one of them. Do some serious research and not just look at or listen to climate change doubters. Winter begins in Australia in another 4 days. In Victoria - one of our coldest states the roses are still in flower. My brother's elm tree hasn't even begun to lose its leaves. Melbourne has just has a record run of days OVER 20 degrees - I think it is 15 days - and it is winter in a few days. Reports like this are coming in from all over the world and yet people like you are still in denial.

I am 70 years old. When I was a kid in the Mallee of Victoria it was big news if we had 2 or 3 days over [then 100 degrees F] 37 degrees C. Now in the Mallee and elsewhere they have 7 or 8 days in a row over and up to the mid 40's C.

So what? the climate changes, always has, always will. What baffles me is the complete misunderstanding of climate change the alarmists have, but then with all their business interests I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised.

• Like 1

The Prince is right about Vlad the Putin, and even more right about this.

No way! President Putin can in no way be compared with Hitler, what a mindless insult to the President of the country that defeated Hitler and suffered more at the hands of the nazis than anyone.

• Like 2

No way! President Putin can in no way be compared with Hitler, what a mindless insult to the President of the country that defeated Hitler and suffered more at the hands of the nazis than anyone.

Charles forgets his line to the throne came about because of King Edward the appeaser to Hitler who abdicated for a life in Paris. His family name Windsor was generated to hid the Battenberg name and links to the German royal family.

• Like 2

He speaks more good sense than the rest of his family put together.

My vote goes to Her Majesty and not His Royal Highness Prince Charles - the usual philandering Prince of Wales as our history has shown. God help the monarchy if HRH Prince Charles becomes king - it will be doomed. HRH Prince William should be the next monarch.

Harry would be better a ginger prince is what England needs

Charles forgets his line to the throne came about because of King Edward the appeaser to Hitler who abdicated for a life in Paris. His family name Windsor was generated to hid the Battenberg name and links to the German royal family.

I doubt he's forgot that, in fact I'd be willing to bet he knows far more about it than you do.