Apartment Nakhon Ratchasima

Jared

Hi Everyone

Im moving to Thailand in July to be with my girlfriend who is my soon to be wife. We are also expecting our first child in October. Basically rather than her come to England to live with me she has convinced me to come and live with her in Nakhon Ratchasima. She was supposed to be sorting out the apartment for us to stay in, were not looking for anything to flash just something with enough room for a small family.

Im wondering if anyone knows any websites or could give me any advice on places they are staying at. A small bungalow or flat would be ideal preferable furnished. The most important aspect is that I have to be allowed to have a internet connection as my work and our income depends on it.

She has been looking around a few places today the first was an apartment block which they wanted 10,000 per month for a studio apartment, seems a little to much to me. the second was a small 2 bedroom house for 4000 baht but unfurnished.

Hope some one can help me,

Many thanks

Jared & Tai

Hi Everyone

Im moving to Thailand in July to be with my girlfriend who is my soon to be wife. We are also expecting our first child in October. Basically rather than her come to England to live with me she has convinced me to come and live with her in Nakhon Ratchasima. She was supposed to be sorting out the apartment for us to stay in, were not looking for anything to flash just something with enough room for a small family.

Im wondering if anyone knows any websites or could give me any advice on places they are staying at. A small bungalow or flat would be ideal preferable furnished. The most important aspect is that I have to be allowed to have a internet connection as my work and our income depends on it.

She has been looking around a few places today the first was an apartment block which they wanted 10,000 per month for a studio apartment, seems a little to much to me. the second was a small 2 bedroom house for 4000 baht but unfurnished.

Hope some one can help me,

Many thanks

Jared & Tai

Jared & Tai

Click on my name, send me an email and I will reply

Korat Correct

Ive noticed that a lot of places are unfurnished

Does anyone know any good furniture stores and how much do you think it would cost to kit out a small house. Cheapest as possible as we dont know how long we will be staying in korat and the furnature may become redundant to us in 6 months.

Thanks

Wonder what bbq ole Steven w is referring to. :o His posts indicated he is a real "joy" to be around. :D

Korat has many, many, many places for rent. Indeed a lot of them are unfurnished, but I would not let that slow me down. There is a "big" funiture store in a Korat suburb called Jo hor. They have everything from fairly expensive to very cheap. I would humbly suggest that you should just come to the area and check out the places for yourself. For example, I recently met a Scottish guy who let his girlfriend find an apartment before he got here. 2 bedroom, furnished and quite nice, but.....20,000 Baht per month. Well now that he is here, he knows better. :D

Wonder what bbq ole Steven w is referring to. :D His posts indicated he is a real "joy" to be around. :D

Korat has many, many, many places for rent. Indeed a lot of them are unfurnished, but I would not let that slow me down. There is a "big" funiture store in a Korat suburb called Jo hor. They have everything from fairly expensive to very cheap. I would humbly suggest that you should just come to the area and check out the places for yourself. For example, I recently met a Scottish guy who let his girlfriend find an apartment before he got here. 2 bedroom, furnished and quite nice, but.....20,000 Baht per month. Well now that he is here, he knows better. :D

He does sound a real joy! :o !

Do you know him Ken?

Back to his topic I think you have answered his question just get here open his eyes and he will find what he wants!!!!!

• 2 months later...

So Ive been living in Korat for 2 months now and my wife found us a nive little apartment to live, its about the size of a double garage, it has air con, hot water and a flushing toilet. The location is ok we somewhere between The mall and Big C. Rent is ok about 4000 per month including furniture rental, internet and cable.

The problem is we are having a child within the next few months and this place is just to small. Weve had a look at some other apartmetns but nothing that really suits us. We decided to rent a house. We had a look at a nice 2 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms 2 balconys and a giant downstairs. The bad points to this place was there was no aircon hotwater or flushing toliets.

What im looking for is a nice house to rent with air con, flushing tolilets and hot water. Ive been advised before to drive about and look for signs but were get to find anything.

Can anyone give us some help or advice in finding a sutible house.

Many thanks

Jared

Sorry ...jared

a bit off your topic ...... Ken you said in your post ...."big" funiture store in a Korat suburb called Jo hor. Can you please tell me how to get to this store ( I know where Big C is and Lotus )

Thanks .......... Mumbo

Turn left onto the Khon Kaen road (#2) at Big C, follow this road for about 5kms and tiurn left onto the Chaiyaphum road (#205) and follow this road also for about 5kms.

The store is called Winner and it is on the left. It has a large red sign that can be seen from some distance.

Hope this helps Mumbo.

Jared: If you haven't been there yet, I might suggest a visit to the Pasinee Restaurant and ask around there about houses for rent. I know someone who just rented a house for 6000 Baht per month and he found out about it at the Pasinee. :D

Mumbo: Haven't heard about a Foodland as yet, but sounds good. :o

• 2 weeks later...
What im looking for is a nice house to rent with air con, flushing tolilets and hot water. Ive been advised before to drive about and look for signs but were get to find anything.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but if you are having trouble finding what you want, are you sure about your requirements ?

Aircon is a personal thing, I personally don't use it.

Flushing toilets - well, preferred, but not required for short term ?

Hot water - you can put an instant shower in very cheaply.

Also, to get by in the sort term, you can buy furniture very cheaply...

JUst some thoughts :o

We had a look at a nice 2 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms 2 balconys and a giant downstairs.

Does the contract specify that you have to feed the giant ? :D

Lol :o

That was the only place weve managed to find becasue it was through a friend of my wifes mother. Aircon I can live without, i prefer a fan. Flushing toilet i think is a must because we do plan to stay for a few years when we find the right apartment. Hot water is a must but ive also seen how cheaply they can be installed and i guess most landlords wouldnt object.

But the main problem with that house was that there was no wall or front door, it was really strange just a huge open wall with only a metal shutter. All the other house in the block of 4 had patio doors installed. We had talked to the landlady and she said we could get the patio door installed and they would lower the rent until the price of the doors was paid off. Her husband decided against it so we couldnt get the place.

Still looking and hopeing to find somewhere soon, I just wish I could afford to buy a place but i have no savings or not enough for a house as i only graduated last year.

Lol :o

That was the only place weve managed to find becasue it was through a friend of my wifes mother. Aircon I can live without, i prefer a fan. Flushing toilet i think is a must because we do plan to stay for a few years when we find the right apartment. Hot water is a must but ive also seen how cheaply they can be installed and i guess most landlords wouldnt object.

But the main problem with that house was that there was no wall or front door, it was really strange just a huge open wall with only a metal shutter. All the other house in the block of 4 had patio doors installed. We had talked to the landlady and she said we could get the patio door installed and they would lower the rent until the price of the doors was paid off. Her husband decided against it so we couldnt get the place.

Still looking and hopeing to find somewhere soon, I just wish I could afford to buy a place but i have no savings or not enough for a house as i only graduated last year.

Hi Jared, I am in the business of buying houses and renting them out and I am looking at a brand new two bedroom house just on the outskirtds of Korat, which will have all you have asked for but I need to know what your budget per month is for the rent.

Hi

I guess anything between 4 and 8, were not looking for anything too expensive. How far on the outskirts of Korat? The wife wants to be as close to the center as possible

Thanks

The Bungalow is in a estate which is actually in Korat and is about 3 kms from the Mall, for 8,000 it might just be feesable but how long are you willing to rent for?

Were planning on staying here for a few years maybe longer all depends on where we decide to send our child to study, Uk or Stay in Thailand. I think weve had this conversation before a few months ago ive just check my old pms. Do you have a address and some photos of the property?

Jared

• 5 weeks later...

Still looking for a place to rent if anyone knows anywhere. Nearly brought a Bungalow myself but in the end I decided against it as We only plan to stay here 3 years then we are moving to England. As I am only 24 and have no property in England I thought I would be better off saving as much as I can for a deposit on a place in the uk over the next few years.

Thanks

Thanks Ken, I dropped them an email so just waiting for a reply. In still really struggling to find a place is there any other way of finding propertys for rent other than driving around looking for signs for rent?

For what is wirth yuo would be very lucky to find a rental sign in Udon, the way I found places befoer I bought my own, forst through friends, secondly drive through an area, if you like the area look for places with no shoes in front, stop and ask a nieghbor. The little shops in the area or tuk tuk drivers in the area, can be a big help.

If your planning on stayign a few years you migh consider an unfurnished place, things can be noved including Ari con adn hot water if you have the right lease. What you save over a few years in rental costs may very likely off set the cost of the furniture. You can also have a fire sale when you leave, if you check things like Bhat and sold, you might just fiind one those fire sales yourself.

I don't live in Korat so I have no idea if things are the same there, this wa just provided as a thought.