Magnetic Key Holder

i'm not sure if the title and description make it clear, but i am looking for a little box (with a magnetized side) that i can put a spare key into, and then attach to the undercarriage of my car. has anyone seen these in thailand? i've been to a couple of auto shops and come up empty.

thanks

and no, i'm not going to tell you what kind of car i have and where i usually park! :o

I used one of those for years in Canada, sooo handy!. You may want to pack the box with vaseline and bury the key in it to prevent corrosion. Winter roads and calcium would corrode the key in no time.

I used one of those for years in Canada, sooo handy!. You may want to pack the box with vaseline and bury the key in it to prevent corrosion. Winter roads and calcium would corrode the key in no time.

I have used these little boxes for years and never lost one yet I started years ago when my sister bought one as a xmas present for me ..at the time I thought it was rubbish and lacked thought but the reality was it lasted years and was needed in anger twice .

I have one in Thailand I bought it from Central in the motor dept . Rama 3

Another solution,

Wire it up underneath somewhere.

If your car has central locking use the one you give to dealers and mechanics, the one with no buttons and batteries on it. It will still unlock the doors and start the car but not the glove compartment.

I wire my spare inside the tail gate, you just need a screwdriver to get it out and you will always be able to borrow one from someone. That way it will never be spotted by someone with out you knowing.

It can save you a lot of hassle when you lose your keys.

Why not make your own keyholder?

Remove the magnets from cheap magnetic refrigerator stickers, remove any plastic from carkey, and then have them all laminated in clear plastic and then fasten or stick it behind the rear licence plate.

Only problem I can forsee is the thickness of magnets/keys. Would laminating machines be able to cope with the thickness. If not, maybe asking at a laminating service whether the laminating plastic can be stuck together using the heat from a hair dryer. :o