NBTC warns sim cards of 1800 MHz mobile users will go offline on September 15

webfact

I'm with AIS One-2-Call and have had the same number for many years (about 8). I got a new SIM card last year because I had mislaid the original.

I'm in the UK at present. *101*9# = invalid request.

I have a text msg from AIS about how to make calls when roaming. It starts:

AIS3g One-2-Call lets you send-receive SMS/receive calls .................

So would I be correct to take from that, that I am already on 3g? (I have an old non-smart phone).

For AIS/One-2-Call, assuming you have a signal from one of their IR partners in the UK, the command would be *121# Send

You may have been transitioned to the new AIS/One-2-Call 2100 MHz subsidiary (AWN) last year when you got a new SIM, although this is just a guess. Again, not relevant to the topic of the original post.

• 1 month later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just been through the exercise with the AIS call center. 1175 then 2=(Language) 1=(English) 5=(2100 upgrade). Very helpful staff, in my case the SIM is to old and has to be renewed at a dedicated AIS shop. I can keep my number.

You have got to be joking! Just been through this process myself for my AIS 1-2-Call SIM card, and upon selecting option 5 I was then prompted to select further options before finally being advised to dial *777# which presented me with a completely incomprehensible message in Thai.

AIS you can call *545# ( star 5 4 5 hash ) Message mostly in Thai, but will say AIS3G if you are not on the 1800 Mhz.

When I dialled this option the magical characters "AIS3G" did not appear in the reply. So does this mean that my 1-2-Call SIM card is on 1800MHz or not?

I did email AIS a month ago asking whether my SIM would be affected. Unfortunately, they now appear to have adopted the standard Thai practice of studiously ignoring all emails (they used to be pretty good in this respect).

The upshot is that I still don't know for sure whether my SIM card will go dead on 15 September. So it looks like I have little choice than to wait to see what, if anything, happens on that date.

What a bloody shambles!!angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

• 2 months later...

just called NTBCC or whatever it is

he said another year through 2015 sept 14 but that could change or be incorrect

but true still wants me to get new phone and simm

tick tock tick tock

You can't buy a new SIM on the True 2G network, any promotion they are offering is on the new 3G network

Many dooms day Sayers like Lomatopo talking about sept shut down, don't see any thing yet :)