Long-term parking for car?

moonseeker

Beware, I've heard that Viwtalay 2 are in the process of checking number plates against residents and are going to wheel lock cars that are illegally parked for an extended time, you take a great and possibly very expensive risk. If your car is towed away maybe a very expensive risk :-( as you will possibly be in the hands of a Thai rip off merchant :-( and I'm sure the boys in brown will also add their personal handling costs :-) if you disagree to the extensive storage costs. Defiantly not worth the risk as the days of doing this are long gone and I doubt you would have a legal leg to stand on. I'm sure this will spread to all condos soon as its a sure fire legal way to boost the condos sinking fund or go towards every day running expences and also very easy/low cost to police by the condos security team as it is private land and you will be committing a possibly illegal act. The committee in 2B have already had discussions with the boys in brown relating to vehicles (bikes and cars) and a few have already been removed due to no tax. Things are defiantly changing so be very careful.

Ken.

• Like 1

You can probably just throw away your battery after 6 months. There's no saving it without a trickle charger being on it. Better to run the vehicle at least every 2 weeks for like a trip to the market. Better for the engine's internal moving parts, also. Maybe let a friend use the vehicle while you're gone. Edit. I probably DON'T mean BRAND-NEW Thai girl friend!

Edited by Longtooth

There is a place at the back of the old Xcite car park that does covered secure parking. A friend used to pay about 1200B/month I think, and he could park there at any time when he was here or leave the car indefinitely if away.

In Tukcom car park there are cars with sheets over them that look as though they have been there for some time.

Beware, I've heard that Viwtalay 2 are in the process of checking number plates against residents and are going to wheel lock cars that are illegally parked for an extended time, you take a great and possibly very expensive risk. If your car is towed away maybe a very expensive risk :-( as you will possibly be in the hands of a Thai rip off merchant :-( and I'm sure the boys in brown will also add their personal handling costs :-) if you disagree to the extensive storage costs. Defiantly not worth the risk as the days of doing this are long gone and I doubt you would have a legal leg to stand on. I'm sure this will spread to all condos soon as its a sure fire legal way to boost the condos sinking fund or go towards every day running expences and also very easy/low cost to police by the condos security team as it is private land and you will be committing a possibly illegal act. The committee in 2B have already had discussions with the boys in brown relating to vehicles (bikes and cars) and a few have already been removed due to no tax. Things are defiantly changing so be very careful.

Ken.

Living in View Talay 2A, I personally welcome any attempt by the committee here to remove vehicles that have been parked here illegally. There have been times during the high season when there were more vehicles parked in the car park than available spaces.

Alan

• Like 1

Ken.

Good to know cryo. My comment above was rather ironic. It is a problem with this abandoned vehicles at View Talay 2. Some of then stay here since years w00t.gif

And some of them are in a catastrophically condition. It's just scrap. Untill a few weeks a go, there was almost no parking lot available for motorcycles. Then, the security guards started to push the motorcycles together to gain space, which led that the vehicles got scratched.

I hope the committee take action soon.

Edited by alocacoc
  • Like 1