Italy Vs Usa

britmaveric

I've gone for 2-1 Italy , might be more though.................... :D

Funny that there's no Yanks on these threads, if they were winning , I'm sure we would not see the woods for the septics...... :o

I´m for a straight 2-0 win for Italy..........................

It would interest me to know, how many nationalities are taking part in this WC prediction comp. I´ve aware of lots of Brits, a Scot, a cheekie Aussie and an ex-German, my direct rival tor the wooden spoon..... any other species around???????

Funny that there's no Yanks on these threads, if they were winning , I'm sure we would not see the woods for the septics...... :o

Yea we would be piling into the soccer threads then. :D

Rugby maybe – soccer not likely.

Chona,

I'm a Yank, but didn't have much positive to say about them. I think they are a useful side, and when they play with heart they can play with anybody on their day, which looks to be true of almost anybody in the cup. However, it's clear they don't have the full side of skilled and experienced players to be able to play lackadaisically and make mistakes and expect a result or anything like it, whereas the elite teams can have an off day and still get a result.

The Czech game was just depressing not because they lost, but because they looked accepting of the defeat early on. The one thing we usually count on with the US team is that they try to make up for less than stellar skills with fitness and moxie. When you're outmatched in skills AND spirit, you better be really really lucky. Anyway, goal differential means nothing now, so if the US is losing to Italy and they play half-assed possesion ball like the Czech game, somebody's gotta be fired. They should let it all hang out and enjoy going down in flames. I loved the Ivory Coast going 2-0 down to Argentina, and still pushing the ball forward like crazy, firing away and making a game of it, almost grabbing a draw.

A few rumors that if the Germans don't advance to, say, the quarters or semis, that Klinsmann might be out and be available to coach the US (he lives in California). I don't think it will suddenly make the US a contender, but I like the idea.

I wish the yanks were a better side as it might generate a bit more interest back there - seems to have faded after they hosted the World Cup. Can't see it happening against Italy though, given their performance against Chechs.

2-0 to the Itai's I reckon.

It would interest me to know, how many nationalities are taking part in this WC prediction comp. I´ve aware of lots of Brits, a Scot, a cheekie Aussie and an ex-German, my direct rival tor the wooden spoon..... any other species around???????

ex? :D

ex? :D

Well.....one, who appears to have pretty much emigrated........although that would seem to apply to many here.....including myself..... but that has nothing now to do with football....so I´ll shut up here....

This game is well kickin off, Italy 1-0 up and getting away with it. Iti defender Zaccardo slices the ball into his own net for 1-1, then De Rossi, elboes McBride and protests his innocence, with blood streaming down McBrides face.

What a game.

I need 2-1 Italy for anoher result, come on the Iti's.....! :o

redrus

Edited by redrus

A few rumors that if the Germans don't advance to, say, the quarters or semis, that Klinsmann might be out and be available to coach the US (he lives in California). I don't think it will suddenly make the US a contender, but I like the idea.

Interesting theory and you might have a point there.

USA, goal disallowed, somewhat questionably, Italy are very lucky.

Purists won't agree but, this the game of the tournament.

Italy have a man off the pitch injured, they've used all they're subs. If he can't continue, its 9 men each.

Chaos.

redrus

Edited by redrus

USA, goal disallowed, somewhat questionably, Italy are very lucky.

Purists won't agree but, this the game of the tournament.

Italy have a man off the pitch injured, they've used all they're subs. If he can't continue, its 9 men each.

Chaos.

redrus

Italy and chaos? :o Synonymous one would think, and the US bringing a hockey match into football . . .

Awful game

This is the best match ive ever seen in the world cup and it should be one of the greatest match in Fifa World Cup History.

With 9 men Team USA manage to tie the mighty Italian. Team Usa shows alot of pride & determination without giving up did a non stop counter attacked to their opponent...

That's the team I wish would play all the games. They pushed forward and broke down the Italy defense quite a few times, but per usual, they just don't have any pure, consistent finishers. Donovan showed what he can do and pretty much everyone else pushed forward at any opportunity. They looked far more aggressive (until 8 mins. left, wisely) playing 9 on 10 in a 1-1 draw than they did at ANY time during the Czech game. If that side shows up, they can beat (or lose) to Ghana.

The straight red (Mastroeini) was ludicrous. Ref make-up call, even though the DeRossi call was so obvious that pretty much everyone is calling for sanctions by FIFA. Eddie Pope's red (second yellow) was harsh, but Pope shouldn't have put the ref in that position, especially since it was clear that he was being pretty harsh all over the place.

Anyway, a bit of respect earned back, and still alive.

This is the best match ive ever seen in the world cup and it should be one of the greatest match in Fifa World Cup History.

Very good game, but it is far from the best World cup match ever.

USA must have had a great team talk between the Czech game and this one.

Coward (or realist) that I am, I predicted Italy 2, US 1, given their showing against the Czechs. Cost me eight points, Got what I deserve!

Through the thick and thin ! Must of been hard on money to make the bet against the home team. :o

If Chec don't get their big bald frontman back, good for Italy taking group E. If USA wants to snatch the second spot, we've got to do something we haven't yet done in this tournament thus far...that is score a legit goal. The goal we got awarded was not worthy, a luck of the draw that favored us---just as the Paraguay OG lost to England...

And that was a real bummer about Beasley's goal. What was the official ruling, because Mcbride was offsides ? ? Is it because he raised his leg to be considered part of the play even though Beasley was shooting not passing?

You all forgot to mention about our captain Mensa's strong fronts and exposure of the Italian defense. What's his original nationality ? Which players are naturalized ? There's that Nigerian dude and who else?

Coward (or realist) that I am, I predicted Italy 2, US 1, given their showing against the Czechs. Cost me eight points, Got what I deserve!

Through the thick and thin ! Must of been hard on money to make the bet against the home team. :o

If Chec don't get their big bald frontman back, good for Italy taking group E. If USA wants to snatch the second spot, we've got to do something we haven't yet done in this tournament thus far...that is score a legit goal. The goal we got awarded was not worthy, a luck of the draw that favored us---just as the Paraguay OG lost to England...

And that was a real bummer about Beasley's goal. What was the official ruling, because Mcbride was offsides ? ? Is it because he raised his leg to be considered part of the play even though Beasley was shooting not passing?

You all forgot to mention about our captain Mensa's strong fronts and exposure of the Italian defense. What's his original nationality ? Which players are naturalized ? There's that Nigerian dude and who else?

I'd never bet money against my team, just because I couldn't enjoy it if I won. The prediction was for the TVisa Prediction Competition that Chonabot's running, no money.

McBride was close enough to the shot to influence the keeper, so the shot was deemed (fairly, it seems) off-side, the US didn't bitch about it.

Most of the guys on the team now are native Americans. Don't know where Gooch was born, father Nigerian, but he grew up in Maryland.

One thing to note that I've read on some other blogs, forums:

If one of the Italians had been whacked like McBride, they'd have gone down screaming and rolled over the pitch till they ended up in Poland.

That being said, I'd probably trade McBride in on a prima donna whiner who could put the ball in the net when given a great pass like the one he got from Donovan.

Well.....one, who appears to have pretty much emigrated........although that would seem to apply to many here.....including myself..... but that has nothing now to do with football....so I´ll shut up here....

Not a prob. Still a kraut, living and working out of Singapore with business in Thailand (the most difficult place to do this), spend at least one to two weeks every month in Thailand.

Also, wenn de drei Deutschen im Raten so schlecht sind dann kann das doch nur gutes fuer die Deutsche Mannschaft sein, oder? :o

(Translation - So, if the three germans here are so bad in making predictions then that can only mean good things for the German football team . . . )

The Referee was really poor at handling the team.. I was watching the Espn 2 where Alexi Lalas and Eric Wynalda was doing the commentary they too thinks that the referee was poor... It should not be a Red care for Eddie pope infact the ref needs to talk to him and give him last warning before showing off the Red card...