AirAsia discrimination

ezzra

AirAsia has this free Big shot point promotion going on now, but the only way you can

be a part of it is to go thru Facebook or twitter,

I have no idea whether it's legal or not, but they do discriminate against a segment of

or their customers by making this promotion available only to those people with the above

account, something that was not a requirement when I joined their membership in the

first place,

I did protest to the customer's service, didn't get anywhere...

Lol, I nominate this post to be the post of the year.

I am sorry but how is your incompetence with social media equates to air Asia discriminating ??

Did you want them to provide you with free social media classes as well?

• Like 1

I am sorry but how is your incompetence with social media equates to air Asia discriminating ??

Not having a facebook and/or twitter account does NOT equate to incompetence.

In my case it's a well considered choice I made.

Yermanee

In which case you do not claim discrimination, do you?

• Like 2

Yermanee

That has nothing to do with your statement which frankly I find out of order hence my post.

Yermanee

Basically when they get Facebook likes/comments their page is shown to more people (depending on the privacy settings of the person making the like/comment) so Air Asia gets more coverage and more customers.

They get something in return, the customer gets something in return.

You're now saying that's not fair as you're unable to give them what they want, so they're not giving you what you want.

Isn't that like saying first class tickets discriminate against the poor because they can't afford the tickets?

• Like 1

I have been reading posts on Thai Visa for many years and learned from the material as well as enjoyed comments. The mean and unhelpful responses in this posting are unwarranted and demean the general good conduct and comradely advice usually present.

• Like 2

I have no idea whether it's legal or not, but they do discriminate against a segment of or their customers by making this promotion available only to those people with the above

account, something that was not a requirement when I joined their membership in the first place

Sometimes at a restaurant I get a discount because I pay with a Citibank Visa card. The people at the table next to me don't have a Citibank Visa, and the people on the other side want to pay in cash. They don't get the discount.

There is no requirement to have a Citibank card to eat in the restaurant, so is this discrimination against cash paying customers or other cardholders? According to you it is.

The simple fact is that it is, as you acknowledged, a promotion. Citibank wants to advertise benefits of their services, and the restaurant wants to make use of the promotion and the marketing advantage to draw customers.

Air Asia is doing the exact same thing. It is your choice to get a Citibank card, a FaceBook account, or not.

• Like 1

I have been reading posts on Thai Visa for many years and learned from the material as well as enjoyed comments. The mean and unhelpful responses in this posting are unwarranted and demean the general good conduct and comradely advice usually present.

If you've been reading posts on Thaivisa for many years and yet are offended by mean and unhelpful responses then you obviously haven't been paying attention.

• Like 2

You guys all missed the main contention in my argument that IT WASN'T A pre requisite to have

a FB account or any other social media connection, but now AA is making it a mandatory

to have one WITOUT notifying me of the change, you see, I'M ALRAEDY a customer and frequent

loyal flyer with their airline not like I'm Johnny come lately screaming discrimination here...

but than again, AA have always excelled in moving the goal posts when it suits them....

You guys all missed the main contention in my argument that IT WASN'T A pre requisite to have

a FB account or any other social media connection, but now AA is making it a mandatory

to have one WITOUT notifying me of the change, you see, I'M ALRAEDY a customer and frequent

loyal flyer with their airline not like I'm Johnny come lately screaming discrimination here...

but than again, AA have always excelled in moving the goal posts when it suits them....

Jasus - grow up!

There is no requirement to have a FB account to book a flight with AA.

btw... you ARE 'Johnny come lately screaming discrimination here'

totster smile.png

• Like 1

Yermanee

seems you are a victim of this discrimination plot as well. The OP can set you up with his contact at Air Asia support.

Hang on the current offer you refer to is a day before sale, where to get the day before offer, you have to friend Air Asia on Facebook.

Big deal, tomorrow the sale is on, shop then, no FB needed.

Yermanee

seems you are a victim of this discrimination plot as well. The OP can set you up with his contact at Air Asia support.

Let me guess, aha you're the joker of the family, right ?

What's the big deal? Making a complaint to Air Asia is more involved and a far more frustrating process than opening a new Facebook account (which is completely free BTW), even if it's just for this promotion. Nobody said you really have to use Facebook, just use it for this promotion.

When I first clicked on this link I was expecting to read about age, racial or nationality based discrimination, all of which are common in Thailand but instead I read about someone making a complaint that he doesn't have Facebook?

Edited by Tomtomtom69

Yermanee

That has nothing to do with your statement which frankly I find out of order hence my post.

Yermanee

It has everything to do with my statement and if you failed to understand, frankly I could not care less