Noticed Baht edging up to the 40 to 1 range.

Strangebrew

SB go back to sleep and your wet dreams...the THB is not edging towards 40, what happens if it does ?...you can get 1 extra short time a month on your pension ?

No he would get 1 less if you want to use a ST as the example, unless the op is visiting Thailand.

The op is saying the baht has devalued against the USD due to the current political situation in Thailand.

(I assume that's what he means)

If it becomes chaos there, it would spike the value of the USD against the baht for sure. Great for buying the baht, and if it did hit 40, I would, but not so great for selling it.

SB go back to sleep and your wet dreams...the THB is not edging towards 40, what happens if it does ?...you can get 1 extra short time a month on your pension ?

No he would get 1 less if you want to use a ST as the example, unless the op is visiting Thailand.

The op is saying the baht has devalued against the USD due to the current political situation in Thailand.

If it becomes chaos there, it would spike the value of the USD against the baht for sure. Great for buying the baht, and if it did hit 40, I would, but not so great for selling it.

Bloomberg is a good source, I would pay attention.

Bloomberg is a good source, I would pay attention.

Sure they are. Fact is its not even close today.

Article link please?

In One Year Sinne know how high was the loose , dollar to baht and via versa, comparing to euro rates?

Last year 1 dollar was 28,5 baht or 29

In the meantime , the dollar loose 10 Procent to euro this year!

I still don't know how high the baht goes up or loose within one year to other currency's

Means loose the baht more , then euro goes up or via versa?

Even if it did....the imports, as well as hotels, bars, and gals....would raise their prices shortly thereafter.

Worse...the this...the baht will recover, but the prices will remain high.

Better to have the baht stable, and the tourists dwindle. That makes for a good deal.

USD borrowing and the USD interest rate and UsA GDP Growth drive this relationship.

Thailand is like a mouse trying to push an elephant

The elephant is wishing the mouse was better endowed....and would have the courtesy to provide the benefit of a reach around.

• Like 1

When you over-indulge on a strange brew then a 32 looks almost the same as a 40.

Next year Baht stronger 28 to dollar

Remember this prediction

Thailand Set at 2000 a raise of 37 per cent

history is against you. anytime thailand looks set to prosper they all quickly run around shooting themselves in the foot.

Is the thb now linked to the US dollar or not?

No. From 1956 until 1973, the baht was pegged to the U.S. dollar at an exchange rate of 20.8 baht = one dollar and at 20 baht = 1 dollar until 1978. A strengthening US economy caused Thailand to re-peg its currency at 25 to the dollar from 1984 until July 2, 1997, when the country was stung by the Asian financial crisis. The baht was floated and halved in value, reaching its lowest rate of 56 to the dollar in January 1998. It has since risen to about 30 per dollar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_baht