Married with a long distance relationship

sure to be a best seller, maybe they'll even stock it in MK and Starbucks.whistling.gif

Nothing wrong with people writing books, but this is a serious no story and very few are really going to be remotely interested in someone who met a Thai bird, got married and has lived together for a couple of years.

• Like 2

sure to be a best seller, maybe they'll even stock it in MK and Starbucks.whistling.gif

Nothing wrong with people writing books, but this is a serious no story and very few are really going to be remotely interested in someone who met a Thai bird, got married and has lived together for a couple of years.

Or even more upmarket establishments like "Chester's"

agreed to sell it would require a bit more of a racy plot line.....someone who met a Thai bird, got married and has lived together for a couple of years, then that someone found out the Thai bird they married was actually a katoy, who had sired a love child with one of the Shin clan and was set to inherit the camel herders fortune on his demise...

something that that.....sex, scandal and bad news sells novels

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Or even more upmarket establishments like "Chester's"

agreed to sell it would require a bit more of a racy plot line.....someone who met a Thai bird, got married and has lived together for a couple of years, then that someone found out the Thai bird they married was actually a katoy, who had sired a love child with one of the Shin clan and was set to inherit the camel herders fortune on his demise...

something that that.....sex, scandal and bad news sells novels

there might even be some space for "smoking meat"?

• Like 1

Start doing it and see if it's for you.You never know, you might enjoy.writing.In the two years I have lived here I have been approached three times to write a book. Only one of the 3 times was was I ever offered money up front.to start writing. If you do this do it because you want to. Don't do it thinking your going have a run away top hundred best seller. It's a very tough business .I have two friends that have books published. One book is a children's book.The other is a ed. book on flying.They both still work,live in the same house same life style. Many hrs. spent writing very little to show for it.Bragging rights is about all.

• Like 1

hi everybody,

thanks for all the responses. Although some are not that positive, i can use all the advice about this subject i can get. Yes, my wife is 12 years older then me, but that's not an issue. I know most older men have a young thai girl by their side. I didn't find Saengduan, while going to a gogo-bar. She works harder then all of us together. She works inside a movie rental shop. 7 days a week. And she never asked me for 1 euro. I know, i've heard all the judgements already. she can ask me for it later. I know lots of people don't understand, why an european guy tries to find his love in a thai girl. But why not? Most people don't even try to see through your eyes. They all know it better. And most funny part is, most of them know someone who had a thai girl, and that didn't work out good.

I don't care what other people think about our relationship. We are happy with each other, and that's what counts.

I'm not trying to say that i will write a book and it will become a bestseller. I never even saw myself as a writer. Last january i started to write about our relationship. how we meet, some of the struggles, on this blog in the netherlands. It's from Thailandblog and it's a website that counts about 200.000 visits a month. And my articles ranked very high and i got lots of good responses on it.

That's what made me want to write a book about us. How it all will work out, that's something only time will tell.

Anyway, thanks again for all your responses and i will be here more often.

Yours,

Chris

• Like 1

The reason that so many read the book within few days is because it was one of the rare success stories here. But anyway wish you all the best. Hope everything will be still fine with both of you by the end of finishing the book.

Yes, my wife is 12 years older then me,

Did not recognize that! Congratulations, nice good looking woman. thumbsup.gif

So, she looks younger than she is, or you look older than you are, or both! tongue.png

• Like 1

No disrespect to the OP but selling a book about meeting and marrying a Thai is not exactly anything new. Even exploits one has running the initial gauntlet of initiation to Bangkok in the heart of Soi Nana, doesn't even entice readers, since its been well hammered on Thaivisa as well (excusing the pun). I dare not write anything whatsoever about my time served notable achievements or would be ostracised and banished by the entire family back home - LOL !!!

Incidentally, when I first arrived, was 50 years old. Spent a fortune on Plastic surgery then became 36 yrs LOL !!! Gravity is kicking in again and need another tune-up and service to keep me looking in good shape. Only problem is the nether regions need the old aphrodisiacs to keep everything else running as it should ... hahaha

Edited by totallyobnoxiousme

• 5 weeks later...